ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

REQUEST1

ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST

Post by REQUEST1 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:53 pm

Dear seniors,
currently iam on tier 2 dependent visa.applying for ILR soon.i got degree qualifications taught in english.my degree convocation from INDIA clearly mentions medium of instruction is in ENGLISH. can i take a printout from PBS calculator to prove my english language or do i need to take ESOL test compulsory.kindly share your experiences what is necessary.your response is highly appreciated.
many thanks.
RJ

cfdman

Re: ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST

Post by cfdman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:50 am

Hi. A PBS printout showing the level of your degree (equivalnet to UK bachelor) and 10 points for english would be sufficient. (use Tier 1 option in PB calculator).
Don't waste money on UK NARIC. (UK NARIC is the one who provides/updates the PBS calculator).
My partner is a PBS dependent and we just submitted PBS print-out and original degree certificate. Got ILR successfully in Croydon 10 days ago.
Even, there is nowhere in the degree/transcript it is mentioned that the medium of instruction is english.
Just, the PBS printout worked.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi,

I have recently submitted my ILR (long Residence) application and send my graduation degree along with ACCA certificate for english language requirement but I did not send any transcript or letter from Univ/College to confirm if it was in english neither have I posted calculator summary- just wondering if my bachlor degree from Oxford brookes and ACCA certificate will be sufficient? I was on tier 1 general before this and had previously satisfied the requirement through above certificates/degree.

Will that be sufficient or should I send a PBS calculator summary along with any proof from NARIC or Univ etc? and will they accept any document after the application?

your advice will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

SH

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:19 pm

eclectic wrote:Hi,

I have recently submitted my ILR (long Residence) application and send my graduation degree along with ACCA certificate for english language requirement but I did not send any transcript or letter from Univ/College to confirm if it was in english neither have I posted calculator summary- just wondering if my bachlor degree from Oxford brookes and ACCA certificate will be sufficient? I was on tier 1 general before this and had previously satisfied the requirement through above certificates/degree.

Will that be sufficient or should I send a PBS calculator summary along with any proof from NARIC or Univ etc? and will they accept any document after the application?

your advice will be appreciated.

Bachelor degree form Oxford Brookes only sufficient to prove English language.

Kind regards,

SH

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:01 pm

@ Malik- even without a PBS calculator assesment?

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Yes UK bachelor degree don't need any assessment.

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:48 pm

cfdman wrote:Hi. A PBS printout showing the level of your degree (equivalnet to UK bachelor) and 10 points for english would be sufficient. (use Tier 1 option in PB calculator).
Don't waste money on UK NARIC. (UK NARIC is the one who provides/updates the PBS calculator).
My partner is a PBS dependent and we just submitted PBS print-out and original degree certificate. Got ILR successfully in Croydon 10 days ago.
Even, there is nowhere in the degree/transcript it is mentioned that the medium of instruction is english.
Just, the PBS printout worked.
great... much appreciate for your quick response. thanks a lot and congratulations for you.
And also ,is set '0' common one application for everyone under tier 2 and tier 2 dependents or separate application for each dependent...i mean 3 persons attending 3 forms or all in only one form . plz let me know.

many thanks,
RJ.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:13 am

all in only one form.

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:05 am

cfdman wrote:all in only one form.
many thanks cfdman.

for the previous conversation regarding degree. i forgot to mention bachelors degree. my degree is bachelors. BSC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE/ kakatiya university india, when i checked with tier 1 PBS calculator it showed awarding points 0 .is bachelors degree is enough to prove english language or it has to be masters degree.kindly share your experience.
many thanks.
RJ

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 am

i could see ponts for degree (30 points) and for english language (10 points).
See the attachement.
1.jpg
1.jpg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 656 times
Please note I entered a "First entry clearance date" of 1 jan 2009.
This date need not be exactly your date of first entry clearance. You can use any date, as this is irrelevant. Remember, you are not appliying for tier1 visa, just using that for accessing your degree.
For some reason, the calculator will not award point if u use dates from 2010. (I think, the relevant tier 1 rules on 2010 will not award points for bachelor degree fir jus t that one year period. if you try after 2011, you will see changes.)

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:00 am

2.jpg
2.jpg (36.51 KiB) Viewed 655 times

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:51 pm

cfdman wrote:
2.jpg
many thanks for your help. you are being so helpul and thank you for the effort taken.

kind regards,
RJ.

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Dear cfd,
due to insufficient documents iam planning to reschedule the PEO appointment date later.ny appointment si due in 1 week time. if i reschedule the appointment do i need to pay extra 100 pounds per applicant.... I HAVE 3 Applications. do i need to pay again extra 300 pounds for rescheduling.... kindly share your experience.

Many thanks,
RJ