ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Form Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

SET(O) Form Queries

Post by tehminamazher » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Dear Worthy Seniors /Moderators,

I am filing in the form SET(O) and plan to go for PEO in Cryodon , I have filled all the form excpet for few queries and will be extremely thankful for the following calrifications

We applied for HSMP Visa before November 7, 2006 and falls under HSMP Judiacial review

A) I am confused as what to tick in

Page 13 SECTION B
1)TIER1 General Migrant applying under the terms of HSMP Forum Judicial review document.
2) Highly Skilled Migrant
3) Highly Skilled MIgrant under the terms of HSMP ILR Judicial review policy document.

B) Just to Reconfirm I dont need to fill in Section 4 and Section 9
We dont need to submit any English language letter.

C) I plan to apply in first week of Feb 2015 so Cohabitaion documents should cover which duration?
I dont have any documents in the joint name.
Will it be OK can submit two bank statements of diffrenet banks for me and my spouse,
Letter of appointmmet from GP and Hospitals in my and my spouse name individually

Hopefully Amber , CR001 or some other senior who has experience of HSMP Judicial review will reply soon.

Thanks in advance,

TM

t123456789

Re: SET(O) Form Queries

Post by t123456789 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:46 pm

I had HSMP JR and did this 18 months ago at a PEO appointment.

A) Leave it blank and ask them which category you are, which is what I did. Basically 2 immigration advisers had different opinions about which was right. The case worker told me they keep your original status in the system, irrespective of what it says on your BRP or vignette which states just Tier 1.

B) That is correct. You don't need to prove English or LIUK. In fact they will not accept your LIUK if you've done, but you will need to prove both for citizenship if you do that. I'm not sure about your spouse though, I assume as a dependant the same applies to them.

C) Don't know.

I just filled in the form completely as if I was a normal Tier 1. When I spoke to the case worker, I just said I arrived under HSMP JR, I don't have to prove anything or score points, is that correct? He went off to check, came back and agreed, asked for 3 months of bank statements and payslips and my passport, that was it.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 am

Thanks for the reply,

Please can some senior tell me for which time period we need to provide cohabitation documents.

Thanks in advance

TM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Cohabitation evidence should cover the 2 years before time of application and must include 3 or 4 different sources spread out over the two year period, either in joint names or individually addressed at the same residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 am

Thanks CR001 for the calrifiaction.

rahuls

Post by rahuls » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:43 am

It doesn't have to be 2 years before the application but any period of 2 continuous years after the last leave was granted. But it is best if you give the 2 years just before the application as it demonstrates your current cohabitation status

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi All,

I have some more queries relating to SET(O) form

1) Page 13 of 76 Section 3 Which Category
Section B (which one to tick)

-- Tier 1 (General) MIgrant applying under the terms of the HSMP forum judicial review policy document

or

-- Highly Skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document.

2) Page 15 of 76 Section 4 Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK

Do we need to fill in this section

3) Page 22 of 76 Section 6 Immigration history
6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
As I left UK twice, first time for 10 days and send time for 14 days
Do I need to submit any evidence?

4) Page 27 of 76
7.11 How long you have lived in UK

On 06 February 2015 calculating from our entry date in UK of 29-05-2010 it will be 4 years , 8 months and 9 days.
(1714 days)

5) Payment Page
As I have paid the fee already do i need to fill in the details,

Hope someone will help me please, please

Thanks

TM

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:23 am

Please Please can someone help me.

prasi

Post by prasi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 pm

tehminamazher wrote: C) I plan to apply in first week of Feb 2015 so Cohabitaion documents should cover which duration?
HO asks and I quote: "Provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years)"

I provided documents at random dates falling within last 2 years from my date of SET (O) application and also included HO approval letters for previous extension (i.e. HO letters addressing myself and my spouse individually - luckily the address on both letters was same)
tehminamazher wrote: I dont have any documents in the joint name.
Documents need not be in Joint name. You can even submit documents on individual names as long as the address is same - having same address proves you both are living together - i.e. cohabitation

A suggestion: In case you and your spouse are registered at same surgery then ask your GP to give you a letter saying that Mr X and Mrs Y are registered at this surgery from DD-MM-YYYY (date of registration) and their address as per surgery records is as below : PUT YOUR ADDRESS.

Such a recently dated letter from GP is a good document for supporting cohabitation. GPs normally provide it very easily at short notice - Try for it if possible
tehminamazher wrote: Will it be OK can submit two bank statements of diffrenet banks for me and my spouse,
Letter of appointmmet from GP and Hospitals in my and my spouse name individually
Yes these docs are all fine as long as the address is same on both.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Thanks Prasi for the reply.

I ahve prepared all my Cohabitation Documents.

We are covered under HSMP JR and please can you or some clarify SET(O) form queries I have mentioned above which I am listing again.

1) Page 13 of 76 Section 3 Which Category
Section B (which one to tick)

-- Tier 1 (General) MIgrant applying under the terms of the HSMP forum judicial review policy document

or

-- Highly Skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document.

2) Page 15 of 76 Section 4 Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK

Do we need to fill in this section

3) Page 22 of 76 Section 6 Immigration history
6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
As I left UK twice, first time for 10 days and send time for 14 days
Do I need to submit any evidence?

4) Page 27 of 76
7.11 How long you have lived in UK
On 06 February 2015 calculating from our entry date in UK of 29-05-2010 it will be 4 years , 8 months and 9 days.
(1714 days)

5) Payment Page
As I have paid the fee already do i need to fill in the details,

Also I been out of country for a total of less than 30 days, Do i need a letter from employer for these absences ( Are they required by HO if they are less than 180 days. I visited my home country first time as my father was not feeling well and second time on the post funeral ceremony of my father in law)

As with each passing day i an getting depressed and looks my I will faint on the appointment day.

Thanks in advance.

TM

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Amber, CR001, Vinny, Obie, Manci,

Please Please Please reply back to my queries.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Anyone can help me please :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(