ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 am

Since wrote:Dear All,

I am a quite reader on this forum and decided to ask here instead going to robbing immigration solicitors.

I am going to qualify for ILR under 10 years rules sometime in march 2015 however i would like to hear your views on my chances of successful application.

Arrived in the UK on 03-Apr-2005

Student dependent visa: 03- Apr-2005 - 30-Apr-2006
Student dependent visa: 05-May-2006 - 04-May-2011 (me and my husband applied on 20-Apr-05 from university batch system)
PSW Dependent : 10-jun-2010 - 28-Oct-2011
Tier1 Dependent: 28-Oct-2011- till date

me and my husband had applied for Tier 1 General visa same time. My husband granted as Tier 1 general main applicant while my application for Tier 1 General dependent is refused and returned to me as i missed to sign in the application form. Home office refunded my fees as well.

Later on I applied on 28th-Oct-2011 as Tier 1 dependent and application was successful.

Am i going to be counted as overstayed between 23-jan-2011 till 28-oct-2011 as mu husband tier 1 general application was successful and mine wasn't even though i had non expired PSW dependent visa till 09-jun-2012

Waiting for your reply.

Please reply as i am stressing out my self.

Thanks
@Since,If you applied an in time tier 1 application and was returned as invalid because of signature,you must have given letter stating apply within 28 days and if you applied within 28 days then you are absolutely fine as application submitted within 28 days does not break continuity of residence.

Since

Post by Since » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 am

@shahfurqan

will you be able to shed some light on my query please.

Thanks

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:27 am

Dec17 wrote:

I am a quite reader on this forum and decided to ask here instead going to robbing immigration solicitors.

I am going to qualify for ILR under 10 years rules sometime in march 2015 however i would like to hear your views on my chances of successful application.

Student dependent visa: 05-May-2006 - 04-May-2011 (me and my husband applied on 20-Apr-05 from university batch system)

me and my husband had applied for Tier 1 General visa same time. My husband granted as Tier 1 general main applicant while my application for Tier 1 General dependent is refused and returned to me as i missed to sign in the application form. Home office refunded my fees as well.

Later on I applied on 28th-Oct-2011 as Tier 1 dependent and application was successful.

Am i going to be counted as overstayed between 23-jan-2011 till 28-oct-2011 as mu husband tier 1 general application was successful and mine wasn't even though i had non expired PSW dependent visa till 09-jun-2012

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Hi, you had valid visa during that time so no need to worry you are fine according to me but plz wait for senior members replay .
agree with @dec17 it seems you are ok. but some more information required.
you mentioned "Student dependent visa: 05-May-2006 - 04-May-2011 (me and my husband applied on 20-Apr-05 from university batch system)"
1) not clear whether it was 5 years student visa or there were some extensions between these dates.
2) when did you apply tier 1 dependent visa and on what date you got refusal.
3) did you apply on 28th-Oct-2011 and got visa on the same day.
again senior member input required.
thanks

Since

Post by Since » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:33 am

rosazeet wrote:
Dec17 wrote:

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Hi, you had valid visa during that time so no need to worry you are fine according to me but plz wait for senior members replay .
agree with @dec17 it seems you are ok. but some more information required.
you mentioned "Student dependent visa: 05-May-2006 - 04-May-2011 (me and my husband applied on 20-Apr-05 from university batch system)"
1) not clear whether it was 5 years student visa or there were some extensions between these dates.
again senior member input required.
thanks
thanks rosazeet for looking into this.

"Student dependent visa: 05-May-2006 - 04-May-2011 (me and my husband applied on 20-Apr-05 from university batch system)"
yes sorry for that it ment to be applied on 20-apr-200d through university batch system

yes it was 5 year student visa no extension in between
i applied on 2nd Dec 2010 and date of refusal was 21-jan-2011
Yes it was granted at PEO same day service

Thanks

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:58 am

Hi Dec17
Yes i have already sent them another PTE and my old IELTS, i never used toeic before my visa extension, only sent it with my SET(LR)

Dec17 wrote:Hi,hammad14

Did you send them a new English certificate because as far as I no home office not going to approved with Toiec,on of my friend got refusal SET (LR) he used TOEIC in his previous tier 4 application and he got the visa for 18 month last year may he applied for set(lr) with his masters degree even though home office refused his visa the only reson mentioned the time he used toiec is invalided thee fore his continues stay break .he don't get appeal rights now he filled JR .

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:16 pm

hammad14 wrote:Hi Dec17
Yes i have already sent them another PTE and my old IELTS, i never used toeic before my visa extension, only sent it with my SET(LR)

Dec17 wrote:Hi,hammad14

Did you send them a new English certificate because as far as I no home office not going to approved with Toiec,on of my friend got refusal SET (LR) he used TOEIC in his previous tier 4 application and he got the visa for 18 month last year may he applied for set(lr) with his masters degree even though home office refused his visa the only reson mentioned the time he used toiec is invalided thee fore his continues stay break .he don't get appeal rights now he filled JR .
I hope you will fine then better chase your case through Mp .

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:34 pm

No Approvals so far i saw on forum today!!!!!!!!!! come on guys be brave :lol: :lol:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi All Forum Member,

Any one who intend to apply for set lr in near future must make sure to request your Subject Access Request which takes between maximum 40 to 50 days by clicking the option "All data held by UKBA" Particularly those fellows who really think they had few troubles in their past ten years in their extensions.Once you receive your SAR,you will be able to fight back and especially you will prepare your application more efficiently and you would know that you really need to apply some solicitor if the SAR shows some complexity but for the straight forward cases,never go for solicitors.

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Since wrote:
rosazeet wrote:

"Student dependent visa: 05-May-2006 - 04-May-2011 (me and my husband applied on 20-Apr-05 from university batch system)"
yes sorry for that it ment to be applied on 20-apr-200d through university batch system

Thanks
Again some more info needed as we don't know about refusal letter. Did they return your application as invalid or they refused. I assumed it was invalid application as they refunded your application fees. If it was invalid application then you are ok. But if they refused your visa then we can further look into your case. Thanks

Since

Post by Since » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:09 pm

rosazeet wrote:
Since wrote:
rosazeet wrote:

Thanks
Again some more info needed as we don't know about refusal letter. Did they return your application as invalid or they refused. I assumed it was invalid application as they refunded your application fees. If it was invalid application then you are ok. But if they refused your visa then we can further look into your case. Thanks
Thanks again rosazeet

It was returned as invalid. My application form also sent back to me. I revived the refund cheque from the home office.

Thanks

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:08 pm

@ Shahfurqan ...Brother you are a star. Much appreciated you help.

I have applied on 1st Dec 2014.

I am very stressed and confused now. I thought my case will be straight forward but after reading some of the comments from other members I am very depressed.

My Immigration History is as follows:

Entered in the UK 21st Dec 2004

Was student Till August 2010

PSW : September 2010 - Sept 2012

Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur in September 2012 got refusal in March 2013. Appeal with in a week time.

Had a Court hearing in September 2013. Judge allowed the appeal refunded the court fee and request the H.O to make a new decision.

Got my Visa in December 2013.

(((((Now my question is:
In December 2009 I did applied for student visa extension, In Feb 2010 the college got de- listed and H.O sent my application back in March 2010 not because of the college was de-listed. The cheque I submitted with the application wasn't signed so they asked me to use another payment method and send the application. I applied again with in 28 days with a different college and got the visa in June 2010.)))))))

Did this situation break my continuous period of 10 years? ???????????

Does anyone have or had a similar situation of the application returned as invalid in past but still got the ILR.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

hello dear,where you got refused and you had been given an appeal right,you did appeal timely and you won appeal and in a result you have been granted a visa,if you applied for your visa before the expiry of your previous visa means an in time application then i could guarantee your continuity is not broken because you were covered under 3c.as for as your student extension concerned,again if you applied an in time application and when it was returned back as invalid and was asked to resubmit it within 28 days and you did,then again as for as the immigration rules part 7,276(b)(V) you have not broken your continuity.there r lots of approvals who had the same invalid issue and they had been granted with approval and afcourse there are few as well who had the issue and they were refused so it clearly indicates the HO capability of deciding applications,hope for the best what happens,happens anyway.[/quote]

Jazak Allah for the Prompt response SHAHFURQAN very kind of you.

Feeling Bit relieved now. But still there is a grey area there. I was reading somewhere probably on guidance notes that if your application returned as invalid you become over stayer if your current leave to remain has already been expired . But if your application gets refused and you get a right of appeal you are covered by section 3d, 3c. This doesn't break your continuity which you also mentioned.

The over staying periods counts from your previous visa expiry date till your new leave to remain visa date. There is no 28 days in time application periods for invalid applications.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Please provide me any link if possible which have information regarding this particular issue.

I would also request other members to share their knowledge and experience regarding this issue.

Congratulations to MADDY and all the other member who have recently received their approvals.

Thank you very much in Advance.[/quote]

Dear,if you spot on the consolidate immigration rules part 7 (276)(1v)(V), there is mentioned the terminology "as well" which is really tricky to understand and its mentioned clear that the time spent in between applications made within 28 days.this means that it does not break the continuity but let me get clear that its really pathetic that some of applicants still get refused while lots got approvals.as for as i understand,if you on the first place make an in time application,then even if it gets rejected as invalid,and you re apply within 28 days,according to the immigration rules the continuity is not broken.[/quote]

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Thank you brother for providing me the information.

Good Luck to you as well.

Dec17 wrote:hello dear,where you got refused and you had been given an appeal right,you did appeal timely and you won appeal and in a result you have been granted a visa,if you applied for your visa before the expiry of your previous visa means an in time application then i could guarantee your continuity is not broken because you were covered under 3c.as for as your student extension concerned,again if you applied an in time application and when it was returned back as invalid and was asked to resubmit it within 28 days and you did,then again as for as the immigration rules part 7,276(b)(V) you have not broken your continuity.there r lots of approvals who had the same invalid issue and they had been granted with approval and afcourse there are few as well who had the issue and they were refused so it clearly indicates the HO capability of deciding applications,hope for the best what happens,happens anyway.

Jazak Allah for the Prompt response SHAHFURQAN very kind of you.

Feeling Bit relieved now. But still there is a grey area there. I was reading somewhere probably on guidance notes that if your application returned as invalid you become over stayer if your current leave to remain has already been expired . But if your application gets refused and you get a right of appeal you are covered by section 3d, 3c. This doesn't break your continuity which you also mentioned.

The over staying periods counts from your previous visa expiry date till your new leave to remain visa date. There is no 28 days in time application periods for invalid applications.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Please provide me any link if possible which have information regarding this particular issue.

I would also request other members to share their knowledge and experience regarding this issue.

Congratulations to MADDY and all the other member who have recently received their approvals.

Thank you very much in Advance.[/quote]

Dear,if you spot on the consolidate immigration rules part 7 (276)(1v)(V), there is mentioned the terminology "as well" which is really tricky to understand and its mentioned clear that the time spent in between applications made within 28 days.this means that it does not break the continuity but let me get clear that its really pathetic that some of applicants still get refused while lots got approvals.as for as i understand,if you on the first place make an in time application,then even if it gets rejected as invalid,and you re apply within 28 days,according to the immigration rules the continuity is not broken.[/quote]
Hi, I consult the senior solicitor who deals with most of the settlement case , he confirms me that If you made in time application and it's reject as invalid and home office ask you put the application with in the 28 dys time and if you did that that's fine continues stay won't break but any reson again that application reject as invalid again doesn't matter with in how many days you put the application it's counted as out time application so it's clear once it's reject is fine .if you have a look at the recent refusal most of the cases reject twise even my previous SET (LR) refused for the same reson .i am just charing the information I got from solicitor and I am convinced his information. Let's see how come the out come this time arround .[/quote]

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Alhamdo Lillah ,Many congratulations brother.

You really deserve it . This is also due to the prays from other forum members who you helped and still helping.

Please also keep me in you prayers.

Would you mind sharing your immigration history.

Your case was straight forward or you had any doubts?

Any gaps or invalid applications?

Thank you in advance.

Enjoy you life.

shahfurqan wrote:Praise be to Allah,Lord of all the worlds,Earth and Skies and whatever in between.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

with the extreme mercy of my lord and with the Sincere prayers of my well wishers including all of my 10 years long residence Forum colleagues,I am happily announcing that I have received my Indefinite Leave to Remain.on the spread sheet am under the user name saba.my timeline is as follow.

Application Sent: 29 September 2014
Acknowledgement: 07 October 2014
Bio Invitation: 17 October 2014
Enrollment: 18 October 2014
Approval: 27 January 2015
BRP: 28 January 2015

I wish best of luck to everyone waiting for their approval.May the Most High make your wait stress less and easy and grant you with approvals and may full fill your fair dreams.Please do not forget in your prayers and prayers should not be limited to approvals only as we all need everyday and every time.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Alhamdo Lillah ,Many congratulations brother.

You really deserve it . This is also due to the prays from other forum members who you helped and still helping.

Thank you in advance.

Enjoy you life.

shahfurqan wrote:Praise be to Allah,Lord of all the worlds,Earth and Skies and whatever in between.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

with the extreme mercy of my lord and with the Sincere prayers of my well wishers including all of my 10 years long residence Forum colleagues,I am happily announcing that I have received my Indefinite Leave to Remain.on the spread sheet am under the user name saba.my timeline is as follow.

I wish best of luck to everyone waiting for their approval.May the Most High make your wait stress less and easy and grant you with approvals and may full fill your fair dreams.Please do not forget in your prayers and prayers should not be limited to approvals only as we all need everyday and every time.
Thanks dear,i also had one out of time application.i did apply in time,got returned for being using old version form,but applied within 28 days.

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:39 pm

Hi McQueen can you confirm . Your status on google drive is true . Plzz we are just waiting .

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:42 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Alhamdo Lillah ,Many congratulations brother.

Thank you in advance.

Enjoy you life.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

Thanks dear,i also had one out of time application.i did apply in time,got returned for being using old version form,but applied within 28 days.
Hi shahfurqan we are very happy to see your approval and see you help other user still . With thanks

titan1986
Newly Registered

Post by titan1986 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:35 pm

I must say... this is a dehumanizing experience. I don't think I might ever totally forgive UKBA for what they are putting us through. 6 months without a passport and in my case, I cannot work or travel until they make a decision. Worst part is that no one is speaking up for us and the terrible experience they are putting us through. We are as voiceless as the jews in Nazi Germany...

Anyway, life goes on...

mzi103

Post by mzi103 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:08 pm

i am not sure if other ILR application took same time as based on 10 years long residence.

one of my friend received his ILR in less than 3 months.he was on 2 years spouse visa and before july 2012 rule applied.

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi,

I have downloaded the SAR form but can't find the option to Tick "All Data Held By UKBA"

Not to sure if it is the right application form.

Please advise.

Thanks
shahfurqan wrote:Hi All Forum Member,

Any one who intend to apply for set lr in near future must make sure to request your Subject Access Request which takes between maximum 40 to 50 days by clicking the option "All data held by UKBA" Particularly those fellows who really think they had few troubles in their past ten years in their extensions.Once you receive your SAR,you will be able to fight back and especially you will prepare your application more efficiently and you would know that you really need to apply some solicitor if the SAR shows some complexity but for the straight forward cases,never go for solicitors.

shab87
Newly Registered

Post by shab87 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:50 am

hi, this forum is wonderful, i was here 3 years ago when i applied my eea2 now i am applying for ILR
5 years (student)+2years(psw)+3 years (EEA2) ( still i have 2 years eea2 visa till 2017)
how important is to show to HOME OFFICE that my wife is exercising eu treaty.
as my wife is self employed for last 3 years.
as self emplyoed what documents i have to provide to home office from HMRC

1) as we supposed to pay some tax for 2012 to 2013 which stil we havnt paid
2) we are pyaing NI regularly
3) 2013 to 2014 we dont have any tax
4) 2014 to 2015 we cant do self assesment as still they year is not completed 2015aprail i mean

if u can help me with what exect doumens from HMRC I have to send to home office to avoid refusal for not submitting any doucuments.

Muhammad1976
Newly Registered

Post by Muhammad1976 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:45 am

Thank mate for your guidance they send payment paper back as I forgot to tick on fee, but I sent it back to them.

johnwoodens
Newly Registered

Post by johnwoodens » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:45 am

Dear All

I have a question regarding my application date.

My current visa is valid until 28 August. However I will fill the 10 year period on 23 September.

So my visa expires around 27 days (if I am not wrong!) before I am eligible to apply for ILR. My friend has told me that there is a 28 days rule, but I am not sure about this.

Can you please advise if I am eligible to apply for ILR or should I seek a way to fill this gap by applying to another visa first? Also If I am eligible, when should I post my application to be in time?

Many Thanks.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:52 am

johnwoodens wrote:Dear All

My current visa is valid until 28 August. However I will fill the 10 year period on 23 September.

So my visa expires around 27 days (if I am not wrong!) before I am eligible to apply for ILR. My friend has told me that there is a 28 days rule, but I am not sure about this.

Can you please advise if I am eligible to apply for ILR or should I seek a way to fill this gap by applying to another visa first? Also If I am eligible, when should I post my application to be in time?

Many Thanks.
Hi mate , yes you can apply 28 days before you reach the 10 years mile stone .cheers

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:00 am

Dec17 wrote:

Many Thanks.
Hi mate , yes you can apply 28 days before you reach the 10 years mile stone .cheers
The safe way is apply for extension and vary the application to set LR. You can apply 28 days in advance but you must have a valid visa to cover that 28 days period. The case worker can use his discretion but you never know.

Great77

Post by Great77 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:52 am

Many Thanks.
Hi John,

Be advised that you can apply 28 days before you complete your 10 years. As you have declared that your visa expired 28th of August and your 10 years will complete in 23rd September, that make it 26 days. So you can apply. Supposed you have a pending application or appeal, that is when you have to wait to complete 10 years to avoid complication. But in your case it is simply straight forward.
Great