ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency Travel To Pakistan...!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ak36

Emergency Travel To Pakistan...!!

Post by ak36 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Dear readers,

It sounds very strange when you login to a web board asking for guidance in emergency knowing that any emergency does not let you even think about what to do next. However, I am facing a situation which has so far got the better of me and despite getting advice from many friends, I still don't know what I am going to be doing when the actual situation hits.

My wife is expecting our second baby on 20th March. I have taken up a position with an international company to work for them in the Middle East and my new job is scheduled to start from 15th April (the latest start date they could give me on my request). I need to send my family to Pakistan before I move to the Middle East. However, the documentation for the new baby is doing me a big headache. My family and I have British passports but if I apply for my child's British passport, I wouldn't have time to apply for NICOP (National Identity Card for Oversees Pakistanis) which is now an appointment system and the earliest appoint I can get for my baby is 21st April.

I am not familiar with emergency travel documents to Pakistan but would greatly appreciate if anyone can provide guidance to deal with this situation without losing my job oversees. Also, would I be able to get my baby's first British passport within 2-3 weeks?

Many thanks,
ak36

deathgaze1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Emergency Travel To Pakistan...!!

Post by deathgaze1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:19 pm

Have you considered getting a Pakistan visa for your baby instead of NICOP? You can get it same day if you apply before 11AM in the Stratford Visa Application Centre.

You can apply for the NICOP once in Pakistan.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks and so kind of you deathgaze1.

What if I do not have British passport for the baby due to the shortage of time. HMPO used to issue new child passports within 2 weeks but as far as I know, they now take more than 4 weeks to issue any type of British passports.

deathgaze1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by deathgaze1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Have a look at the Passport processing timelines on the forums.

They should serve as a good guideline. The first time passports still seem to be arriving in 2 to 3 weeks.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Very useful stuff deathgaze1.

Thanks very much for the guidance.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:45 pm

I don't want to add stress onto your situation but have you considered any alternate plan in case things get delayed?

The baby may arrive late
Passport application takes longer to be approved (there are two bank holidays in april)
other unforeseen events