ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

upcoming court date and barrister's fees advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itiz

upcoming court date and barrister's fees advise

Post by itiz » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello,
I have a court date set in april.

I got a chambers to put me in touch with a barrister who I think he's fees are over priced, however I have paid the initial fee and he said he will charge in addition £1,300 for the court appearance.

I have not paid the later.

My case with the HO is simple:

1. I am a skillled Microsoft programmer with an dual MSc in computing and finance in the UK and my estranged wife 10 years in the UK, has both her MSc and PHD in the UK ( She wont tell me of her status )
2. We have a daughter going on 7 this november.
3. my estranged wife and I applied for a workpermit in 2008, which was delayed without reason till 2010 and then a case worker called and advised my wife ( divorced in 2012 ) to withdraw mine and he will put her's through and when I get back home from job hunting he will put mine through. ( The latter never materialized, hence my predicament )

4. I was offered a job of £30k and the company chased the HO, when no 3 happened. ( This was one of many job offers )

In 2013 the HO asked me to leave the country in 28 days without a right of appeal, but after escalating to the Ombudsman, they changed their allegations, from calling me an illegal entrant, to blaming my wife and now blaming me.

NOTE - My estranged wife and I have moved on, cordial. And I see my daughter regularly, 2/3 times a month and have a court order with that regards

Kindly advise on getting another barrister vs keeping mine

thanks
itiz

Obie
Ireland

Re: upcoming court date and barrister's fees advise

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:50 pm

If an initial fee has been paid, then it makes little sense Sacking barrister unless you are not happy with his service.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors