ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fraud- please help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marshal8732

Fraud- please help

Post by marshal8732 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:47 pm

I had my account closed by my bank.

They suspect me of fraud, if they put marker on CIFAS.

Does this affect the immigration?

hammad1224

Re: Fraud- please help

Post by hammad1224 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Could you please explain in a bit more detail what happened and which visa are you on?

siavashes
Iran

Post by siavashes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:59 pm

marshal8732 wrote:I had my account closed by my bank.

They suspect me of fraud, if they put marker on CIFAS.

Does this affect the immigration?

which bank and what kind of fraud ?
thank you :)

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:26 pm

I am currently on Entrepreneur visa.

The bank is Barclays.
They asked me for information in regards to proceeds that came in my account which I gave them. However they weren't satisfy with the answer.

They then decided to close all by accounts giving me 2 months notice to withdraw any funds
I run my own company.

My worry is Cifas marker and immigration.

Momi

Post by Momi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm

How's you credit rating? They might be have some issues with payments you receiving.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:06 pm

Was this due to the large amount of investment funds?

Islamabad123
Newly Registered

Post by Islamabad123 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi same happen with me please contact with me on israr1976pk@gmail.com I will discuss with you all.

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:21 am

My Credit is not the best.
I had some issue as the accounts were frozen but its getting resolved

I believe it may be due to investment as I had large sum in my business account.

siavashes
Iran

Post by siavashes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:33 pm

marshal8732 wrote:I am currently on Entrepreneur visa.

The bank is Barclays.
They asked me for information in regards to proceeds that came in my account which I gave them. However they weren't satisfy with the answer.

They then decided to close all by accounts giving me 2 months notice to withdraw any funds
I run my own company.

My worry is Cifas marker and immigration.
I know exactly whats going on with ur account , dont worry at all , they just terminated their relation with you for whatever reason they have, nothing to worry , they will close your account in 2 month and thats it , no bad sign in credit history, no Ciafs, and I can assure you nothing will happen to effect you .
my advice :
1)make formal complaint to barclays and request to keep your account open . 99./. they wont accept it but you will get £100 compensation :)
2) in meanwhile that your account is open, switch your account to other bank and get £100 cash back and your account will close automatically

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:24 am

Thank you Siavashes for your reply.

I have made a complaint against them. In which they have refused to give any explanation as to why the account was closed and also give any update if Cifas marker has been applied.

They have simply told me to contact Cifas as they will not give me any information .

p2s7721
Newly Registered

Post by p2s7721 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello mate

Sorry to hear about your situation

I work in a financial institution and I am surprised to see the response from the bank.

All banks are regulated with FCA and accordingly if you lodge a complaint they must write a final response letter within 56 days of your complaint date explaining the situation with full investigation. If you remain dissatisfied thn you can approach Financial Ombudsmen Services. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

I assume that you have not got a satisfactory response from your bank so I suggest to ask for a final response letter with full explanation.

Meanwhile sign up on equifax or experian to check your current credit status. according to me equifax is good and quick with CIFAS info.

Regards

marshal8732

Post by marshal8732 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi

I have received final response letter from them which they have not provided any information at all.

Neither gave information about Cifas

I have written to Cifas to obtain the information through SAR.

As from your knowledge do you think it can have any affect on my credit file.

Thank you

siavashes
Iran

Post by siavashes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:57 pm

marshal8732 wrote:Hi

I have received final response letter from them which they have not provided any information at all.

Neither gave information about Cifas

I have written to Cifas to obtain the information through SAR.

As from your knowledge do you think it can have any affect on my credit file.

Thank you
Dear Marshal
as per your terms and condition you signed with barclays , both party can terminate their relationship at any time without giving any reason with or without any notice, this is in your terms and conditions which you agreed when you opened your account , with complaining to FSA you will just waste your time as they did not do anything wrong and just gone through the terms between you and them. they won't report you to CIFAS for 99.99./. but if you still not sure you can obtain copy of credit report which include CIFAS from equifax .