ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shreen

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Shreen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:49 pm

Majy05 wrote:
Laiba1234 wrote:Hey guys I was refused earlier this month due to financial grounds the ECO calculated everything wrong and so my solicitor is putting in a appeal. What's the earliest anyone's has heard from the home office as they're given 14 weeks to give a decision?

My wife visa was overturned within 14 weeks and now shes here with me.

Hey do they not have a time scale of reviewing it within 6 mnths? Is the timescale 14 weeks?

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:25 am

Shreen wrote:
Majy05 wrote:
Laiba1234 wrote:Hey guys I was refused earlier this month due to financial grounds the ECO calculated everything wrong and so my solicitor is putting in a appeal. What's the earliest anyone's has heard from the home office as they're given 14 weeks to give a decision?

Hey do they not have a time scale of reviewing it within 6 mnths? Is the timescale 14 weeks?
Its 19 weeks sister.

roger354

Post by roger354 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:04 am

Why are people spamming the same message over and over again? If you need urgent help go to a solicitor or something
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:49 am

roger354 wrote:Why are people spamming the same message over and over again? If you need urgent help go to a solicitor or something
Oh ok so is this hinted at me?
Ryt well I only thought this was a site for help I guess not so you know wat bye sick of it
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

December13
Newly Registered

Post by December13 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:50 am

Any November applicants had a response?

December13
Newly Registered

Post by December13 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am

Hubbys friend came a few days back. At airport they only asked the type of visa he came on, wifes name and to show his TB certificate. Helpful to have ur papers on hand :D

Fari990
Pakistan

Post by Fari990 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:04 am

After you hand your application into Gerry’s, they keep the copy file and the original is sent of the British Embassy. Some time this can take up to a week to get there as they have to be a certain number of applications because they are transported in a high security van.

Once they get to the British embassy, they are sorted out in date order an placed in locked storage until such time it is allocated to one of the Pakistani staff to make checks and inquiries in Pakistan about the applicant background.

All documents provided in Pakistan are checked and rechecked for their authentic and originality. Inquires and checks are made with various Pakistani government depts., schools, employers, Police and some time field visits to the applicants town or village are required if they is any doubt.

Most people know that things don’t move fast in Pakistan (if at all sometimes) these checks can take a good few weeks (even longer s there is the slightest doubt in application).

Once these checks are made and notes added to files, they are passed onto another person in another team, who then carries out checks on the Sponsor and the docs they have provided.

This person carries out the checks on the sponsors employers with HMRC, with the employers themselves, Police records, checks with Dept of Work and Pensions and the local Council on the individual themselves.

Once this is done, it is passed onto a third team whose job is to check the authenticity of the documents and works out whether the applicant meets the financial requirements depending on which category they apply.

Once this is one, it is passed onto the Entry Clearance Officer who will take intro consideration all the notes made by his other colleagues and then make the final decision to either grant or refuse the visa.

Once he has done this it is passed onto a team who will make arrangements to return the documents back to Gerry’s. In most but not all cases they inform the applicant or the sponsor the decision has been made and the docs will be returned to Gerry’s from where they can be collected.

Gerry’s will the either phone, write or send an email to applicant/their sponsor to come in and collect their docs. Remember Gerry’s don’t know whether the visa has been granted or refused as it comes in a sealed envelope.

Only when the applicant opens the envelope, they find out their fate.

Some of you ask why some take so long whilst other get sorted out within a few months. The answer is that no TWO applications are the same.

Each application takes different times when these checks are being made. This could be a result of no response from the people from whom the inquiries are being made with, or that as a result of one inquiry, it leads to other questions being asked from others. This drags out the matter even further.

Having worked in Government organizations myself in the UK for a good 20 years, believe me things do not happen quickly

Certain application are well written and presented in the correct format and with all the docs provided and cross referenced. This make s the job easier and quicker for those looking at the files. All the documents are provided and look genuine and just a quick glance by an experienced officer, knows that everything about the application is right.

There are certain applications that they get , which just do not look right from the very first glance. Documents are not worded correctly ( eg Employment letter is a classic example). Bank statements and wage slips do not match up, the amount of earnings that is required, does not add up, application made under wrong category etc.

Remember one thing and that is The Entry Clearance Officer ASSUMES that all applicants are liars…..the onus is on YOU to prove them wrong.

They have a very small amount of flexibility to be generous and overlook certain things, but more than one or two small errors, they will not let you off.

From experience and reading the refusals of people who post here, it looks like if you are self employed or work for a family or for an Asian employer, your application is likely to be scrutinized more than if you work for a well known company or public services.

https://www.facebook.com/Immigrationboa ... omPakistan[/quo

----------------

Salaam all

I have an issue in which i need guidance, my tb test has the wrong uk address on it, it has my in laws address on in the uk! But they live in a different town to my husband and all documents are addressed to my husband address. My husband has told me to get it changed. But my father asked visa agent they said just write it on the sponsors letter. My husband is saying get it changed and is quite angry but my father is relying in the stupid visa agent. I dont want this issue to raise unnecessary suspicion with eco! Can i get the tb uk address changed here in mirpur ? Can i do a new one if i cant get the address changed or are u only allowed to one tb test every 6 months according to my father. I cant do much myself being a female going around mirpur doing stuff all my brothers are in the uk. Please give me some help please. Jazakallah.
Married:24/08/2014
Category A
Submitted online application:13/02/2015
Documents submitted in Mirpur on:26/02/2015
Received BHC Islamabad:27/02/2015
Processed Email:17/03/2015
Call from Gerrys:18/03/2015
Visa collected:19/03/2015
Stamp date:17/03/15

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Majy05 wrote:

How many weeks were you given a decision? Did you get a decision before the 14 weeks or was it the 14 week?
What was the reason for refusal if you don't mind me asking?
Also how long id it take for your visa to be stamped after the decision was given?
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Majy05 wrote:

@majy05 Congratz
Can you please guide that 14 weeks since you submitted appel??
Or 14 weeks since you got notice of pending appeal??
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Majy05 wrote:

@majy05 congratz
Can you please tell 14 weeks from the day you submitted your appeal??
Or 14 weeks from the day you got notice of pending appeal letter?
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Fari990 wrote:After you hand your application into Gerry’s, they keep the copy file and the original is sent of the British Embassy. Some time this can take up to a week to get there as they have to be a certain number of applications because they are transported in a high security van.

Once they get to the British embassy, they are sorted out in date order an placed in locked storage until such time it is allocated to one of the Pakistani staff to make checks and inquiries in Pakistan about the applicant background.

All documents provided in Pakistan are checked and rechecked for their authentic and originality. Inquires and checks are made with various Pakistani government depts., schools, employers, Police and some time field visits to the applicants town or village are required if they is any doubt.

Most people know that things don’t move fast in Pakistan (if at all sometimes) these checks can take a good few weeks (even longer s there is the slightest doubt in application).

Once these checks are made and notes added to files, they are passed onto another person in another team, who then carries out checks on the Sponsor and the docs they have provided.

This person carries out the checks on the sponsors employers with HMRC, with the employers themselves, Police records, checks with Dept of Work and Pensions and the local Council on the individual themselves.

Once this is done, it is passed onto a third team whose job is to check the authenticity of the documents and works out whether the applicant meets the financial requirements depending on which category they apply.

Once this is one, it is passed onto the Entry Clearance Officer who will take intro consideration all the notes made by his other colleagues and then make the final decision to either grant or refuse the visa.

Once he has done this it is passed onto a team who will make arrangements to return the documents back to Gerry’s. In most but not all cases they inform the applicant or the sponsor the decision has been made and the docs will be returned to Gerry’s from where they can be collected.

Gerry’s will the either phone, write or send an email to applicant/their sponsor to come in and collect their docs. Remember Gerry’s don’t know whether the visa has been granted or refused as it comes in a sealed envelope.

Only when the applicant opens the envelope, they find out their fate.

Some of you ask why some take so long whilst other get sorted out within a few months. The answer is that no TWO applications are the same.

Each application takes different times when these checks are being made. This could be a result of no response from the people from whom the inquiries are being made with, or that as a result of one inquiry, it leads to other questions being asked from others. This drags out the matter even further.

Having worked in Government organizations myself in the UK for a good 20 years, believe me things do not happen quickly

Certain application are well written and presented in the correct format and with all the docs provided and cross referenced. This make s the job easier and quicker for those looking at the files. All the documents are provided and look genuine and just a quick glance by an experienced officer, knows that everything about the application is right.

There are certain applications that they get , which just do not look right from the very first glance. Documents are not worded correctly ( eg Employment letter is a classic example). Bank statements and wage slips do not match up, the amount of earnings that is required, does not add up, application made under wrong category etc.

Remember one thing and that is The Entry Clearance Officer ASSUMES that all applicants are liars…..the onus is on YOU to prove them wrong.

They have a very small amount of flexibility to be generous and overlook certain things, but more than one or two small errors, they will not let you off.

From experience and reading the refusals of people who post here, it looks like if you are self employed or work for a family or for an Asian employer, your application is likely to be scrutinized more than if you work for a well known company or public services.

https://www.facebook.com/Immigrationboa ... omPakistan[/quo

----------------

Salaam all

I have an issue in which i need guidance, my tb test has the wrong uk address on it, it has my in laws address on in the uk! But they live in a different town to my husband and all documents are addressed to my husband address. My husband has told me to get it changed. But my father asked visa agent they said just write it on the sponsors letter. My husband is saying get it changed and is quite angry but my father is relying in the stupid visa agent. I dont want this issue to raise unnecessary suspicion with eco! Can i get the tb uk address changed here in mirpur ? Can i do a new one if i cant get the address changed or are u only allowed to one tb test every 6 months according to my father. I cant do much myself being a female going around mirpur doing stuff all my brothers are in the uk. Please give me some help please. Jazakallah.
If you book a reappointment at the Mirpur one you can get it changed but will have to pay a fee again.

On my wife's tb test the post code was wrong so we got it changed. There's no point risking it and I think your husband is right as in get it changed for safe of mind.

The agents in Pak are not trust worthy at all! They say what ever they think is right and don't listen to the agents thee :)
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

shankar2015
Newly Registered

Post by shankar2015 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Salam everyone

My wife visa was refused because of this 28 day ruling of statement. Mine was older than 28 days.

Been reading on here but hard to get a clear answer. Can someone explain this rule to me and how I make sure I qualify.

Hope all the best to everyone and there application.

P.s this is a great forum and the information and members are very supportive

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:18 pm

roger354 wrote:Why are people spamming the same message over and over again? If you need urgent help go to a solicitor or something

Looòoòllll true say!!!!!!!! Hehe
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:40 pm

Sugarplum786 wrote:

Lolzzz !!! I couldnt stop laughing !!!

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:59 pm

gucci9 wrote:Heyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaa all
I miss my man like Crazy and Insha'Allah papers should be submitted on the 25th February
Can some one nice please check if anything is missing please get back to me my daus are with yu :)

Well my salary is under 18600 so I'm using rental income for the short fall.

6 months of my wages bank statements
6 months wage slips
12 months bank statements for rental income
Land registry for the house I own
Tenancy agreement
letter from employer
Job contract

sponsor letter
letter from parents saying I can live with them
Land registry to show my parents own property where I am going to stay
passport signed exit and entry of pakistan
house inspection report
Appendix 2 form
Online application

Photos of wedding and after
call logs
nikaa nama
English translation nikaa nama

this is all from my part he will add his tb things and other things like English certificate and photos

Please can you tell me if anything is missing and inform me

please please please someone check please

thanks
xxxx

please can anyone assist with this please

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Sugarplum786 wrote:

Actually this ain't even funny ..
This forum is for help ? -_-

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:03 pm

shankar2015 wrote:Salam everyone

My wife visa was refused because of this 28 day ruling of statement. Mine was older than 28 days.

Been reading on here but hard to get a clear answer. Can someone explain this rule to me and how I make sure I qualify.

Hope all the best to everyone and there application.

P.s this is a great forum and the information and members are very supportive

Yes I would like to know also this is one of the main reason I joined the forum but it was a mistake '__'

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:13 pm

@ gucci9

Grow up please !

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:31 pm

Shreen wrote:
Sugarplum786 wrote:

Lolzzz !!! I couldnt stop laughing !!!
hahhaahha!!! Meee 2 loooooooooll highlight of my day xxxxx

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Shreen wrote:
Majy05 wrote:

The review periods is withing 12 weeks may take longer due to alot of people appealing

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:
Majy05 wrote:

How many weeks were you given a decision? Did you get a decision before the 14 weeks or was it the 14 week?
Also how long id it take for your visa to be stamped after the decision was given?
I appealed in late sept, got a letter in decemeber that refusal decision has been overturned and home office withdrawing appeal,got a call let to submit passport on 7th jan, submitted passpart on the 8th, got passport back on the 22nd jan, wife came on the 29th, the reason of refusal was on my bank statement it had my old address on so they refused it

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:
Majy05 wrote:

I appealed in late sept, got a letter in decemeber that refusal decision has been overturned and home office withdrawing appeal,got a call let to submit passport on 7th jan, submitted passpart on the 8th, got passport back on the 22nd jan, wife came on the 29th, the reason of refusal was on my bank statement it had my old address on so they refused it

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Shreen wrote:@ gucci9

Grow up please !
Listen grow a pair and if you want to get a message across to someone do tag me in aswell and we'll see who's laughing!

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:26 pm

gucci9 wrote:

Grow up please !
Listen grow a pair and if you want to get a message across to someone do tag me in aswell and we'll see who's laughing!

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Shreen wrote:
gucci9 wrote:

Grow up please !

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah
we already have a pair hhahhahhahahahah