ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayer with my British wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

outlandish86
Newly Registered

overstayer with my British wife

Post by outlandish86 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi

I have overstayed my Student Visa, and my wife is British and she is on her third month pregnancy, we are in the same age, we been living together a year, nowadays she cant work, she is just getting benefits and i have to afford too many things, espicially as our baby is on the way, and by the way we dont have marriage certificate we just live togther, i want to regularize my situation, please any one could help how to apply??

Thanks alot

Deewani
Canada

Re: overstayer with my British wife

Post by Deewani » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:49 pm

A recent case similiar to your situation....

https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 40527-2013

Obviously, every judge has different opinion...but its worth going through this for you to get an idea

Casa

Re: overstayer with my British wife

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:36 pm

This case is different as you're not legally married under Uk law. Neither do you quality as unmarried partners. Your case would be stronger once the baby is born.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.