ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Entry In The UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jordan30236
Newly Registered

Refused Entry In The UK

Post by jordan30236 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:27 pm

I have been refused entry in the UK for the first time out of the 3 times I visited. I am a US Citizen and have no family in the UK. I have never overstayed and only stayed in the UK for 39 days on each visit. The reason for my refusul is because 1. did not provide proof of hotel stay or funds. 2. The story I was telling was inconsistent with my brothers story who which was traveling with me. 3.they found a combat knife in my checkwd luggage. It's been a month now and I have a big stamp on my passport.

I already have another flight/hotel booked for next month.

What if I apply for a 2 year tourist visiting visa and get rejected. Should I still take a chance to see if they will land me? I have all documents now, return ticket and have a different reason why I want to visit the UK. For sightseeing and take photography shots in central London.

What if i don't apply for a UK visa should I still go and present myself better this time?

The main reason for my visit last time is to see my girlfriend because she said she was pregnant. But she was never pregnant...she lied. I don't even talk to her anymore. How can I convince the UKBA that I am going for only sightseeing? I have a return ticket, hotel confirmation, bank statement, and funds to support myself this time.

Thanks so much
Jordan from USA..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Refused Entry In The UK

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Ur a marked man now - just apply for a UK visa beforehand now and if all is ok you'll be fine. Otherwise you'll be scrutinised and bounced on entry.

You'll never get a two year visa now, forget that.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jordan30236
Newly Registered

Post by jordan30236 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:26 am

You think I wont get a 2 year visa? They will send me straight back on the plane without a visa if I just go?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:04 pm

jordan30236 wrote:You think I wont get a 2 year visa? They will send me straight back on the plane without a visa if I just go?
You only get those with a 100% clean record of several visits and returns.

In any case, a 2 year visa is still only for six month visits, just it has a 2 year expiry to save reapplying.

jordan30236
Newly Registered

Post by jordan30236 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:55 pm

So you think I will get refused for a visa or get it lowered too a 1 year? If I do get refused should I still go. They never said i was banned from the UK. I never overstayed. It was just that once incident and I said the wrong words.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

jordan30236 wrote:So you think I will get refused for a visa or get it lowered too a 1 year? If I do get refused should I still go. They never said i was banned from the UK. I never overstayed. It was just that once incident and I said the wrong words.
Apply for a standard six month visit visa and go from there, there is no one year visa, would be pointless since you are still limited to six months in every 12 subject to being a genuine visitor anyway.

jordan30236
Newly Registered

Post by jordan30236 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:18 pm

You don't think it would be better to apply for a 2 year? Because even if they deny me a 2 year they will probably lower it to a 1 year or if they deny me a 1 year they will probably lower it to 6 months with no refund but that's better then being rejected and having no visa. If I apply for a 6 month visa what if they deny me that. They can't lower it they will just reject me with no visa. Right?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Have you considered that even if you were to apply for a two year visa, they could still reject you, rather than offer a one year or six-month visa?

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Jordan, based on your history - you will not be given 2 years visa, however if you apply for 6 months that might be successful, and after 6 months you can then apply for two years, applying for 2 years will not be wise as chances of rejections are high as you were not allowed previously.

jordan30236
Newly Registered

Post by jordan30236 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:43 am

It's already to late. I applied before I even made the thread. Now anxiety is high for me. I went to the UK 3 times and never overstayed. I guess its a 50/100 chance of being approved. But I can't imagine the refusal letter stating the reason for my refused a visa is because I was denied entry in UK. I have enough documents and funds. I never overstayed. The worst thing can happen is that they will give me a 1 year or 6 months. I spent $1000 on getting my visa. I missed my appointment so had to pay me and my brother visa again. I already booked plane tickets. I really need this holiday. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks for the answers.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:43 am

jordan30236 wrote:It's already to late. I applied before I even made the thread. Now anxiety is high for me. I went to the UK 3 times and never overstayed. I guess its a 50/100 chance of being approved. But I can't imagine the refusal letter stating the reason for my refused a visa is because I was denied entry in UK. I have enough documents and funds. I never overstayed. The worst thing can happen is that they will give me a 1 year or 6 months. I spent $1000 on getting my visa. I missed my appointment so had to pay me and my brother visa again. I already booked plane tickets. I really need this holiday. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks for the answers.

You might be lucky but I doubt it. Did you mention the refusal in the visa application?

jordan30236
Newly Registered

Post by jordan30236 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:55 am

Yes and wrote a cover letter explaining more in detail and why it won't happened again. Even the ukb officer at Heathrow told me to get a 2 year visa and convince them that I am a genuine visitor.

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:17 am

jordan30236 wrote:I have been refused entry in the UK for the first time out of the 3 times I visited. I am a US Citizen and have no family in the UK. I have never overstayed and only stayed in the UK for 39 days on each visit. The reason for my refusul is because 1. did not provide proof of hotel stay or funds. 2. The story I was telling was inconsistent with my brothers story who which was traveling with me. 3.they found a combat knife in my checkwd luggage. It's been a month now and I have a big stamp on my passport.

I already have another flight/hotel booked for next month.

What if I apply for a 2 year tourist visiting visa and get rejected. Should I still take a chance to see if they will land me? I have all documents now, return ticket and have a different reason why I want to visit the UK. For sightseeing and take photography shots in central London.

What if i don't apply for a UK visa should I still go and present myself better this time?

The main reason for my visit last time is to see my girlfriend because she said she was pregnant. But she was never pregnant...she lied. I don't even talk to her anymore. How can I convince the UKBA that I am going for only sightseeing? I have a return ticket, hotel confirmation, bank statement, and funds to support myself this time.

Thanks so much
Jordan from USA..
Why were you carrying a combat knife?

jordan30236
Newly Registered

Post by jordan30236 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Because I never thought it was going to be a big deal if it was in my checked luggage.i was never going to use it. Never been in a situation where I needed one. I never had a criminal record. I forgot to read the UK book on what I can and cannot bring in the UK.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:29 pm

jordan30236 wrote:Because I never thought it was going to be a big deal if it was in my checked luggage.i was never going to use it. Never been in a situation where I needed one. I never had a criminal record. I forgot to read the UK book on what I can and cannot bring in the UK.
Well thanks for asking for advice after the fact. Sorry we couldn't save you the trouble. But you might get lucky. It happens. Let us know how it turns out.