ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

137 Pages EEA application form, what for exactly

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: 129 Pages EEA application for, what for

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:22 pm

All members assumptions about new form are correct up to certain degree but point to be noted that asking such too much information may reduce interviews but which page is relevant and how to properly fill it may lead to fill the pockets of solicitors. And applicants never believe on bad quality solicitors.
And one more point about divorce petition is that it may be harmful for ROR applicants where those applicants in divorce are respondent because sometimes due to the divorce reason. I will advice that if possible that future ror applicants try to become respondent in divorce if possible and before starting divorce try to mutually agreed with EU partner about the reason of divorces.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:25 pm

There's a new form for Permanent Residence too.
Just have gone through it and noticed one thing - if you retained your right of residence you don't need to send the proof of residence for your ex-wife or ex-husband.
"you do not have to submit evidence of your sponsor’s status again but we reserve the right to ask you for more information if
necessary." - page 103 - Section E.

And then the next page again: "If you already have a registration certificate or residence card on the basis of a retained right of residence, you do not need to submit evidence of residence before the relevant date. However, you must show you have lived in the UK since you were last issued with a registration certificate or residence card and have completed 5 years’ continuous legal residence in the UK (see section 5).".

But I'm not sure about proof of exercising treaty rights.

Do you think it only relates to residence proof but nor exercising treaty rights of EEA-national?

I'm a bit puzzled now as I need to apply for PR end of this month.

Albert Einstein

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:24 pm

They have also asked about previous marriage and requires divorce papers for a relationship that ended ages ago and has nothing to do with this EEA4 application. Why do they need to know all the old information for? I assumed as long as you and EU national fulfilled the 5 year treaty rights in the UK, you should automatically get the PR?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 pm

dont worry members HO never refuse your application if you do not fill the form or if you fill this form wrongly.best thing is to write a covering letter and explain your story and dont care about this forms.

Czdude
Newly Registered

Post by Czdude » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:12 am

For the divorce document to be submitted, if one was divorced outside of the UK but within the EEA and provides an apostilled copy of the divorce decree (which is nothing more than a letter effectively saying "Your petition for divorce is granted as of date X" is that sufficient or does that have to be validated in the UK first?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:34 pm

The will need to know when the application for divorce was lodged, and whether or not you were both in the UK.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Czdude
Newly Registered

Post by Czdude » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:32 pm

That info should be there, don't exactly consult that document much.

The Czech form is 5 pages, though pages 4-5 are information notes and places for signatures and page 3 is if you have children.
http://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/appli ... forms.aspx

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Re: 129 Pages EEA application form, what for exactly

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Vinny, i did thought you might reach it before me.

For a long time now the UK has been deliberately trampling on EU rules and regulations.

Many of CJEU Judgement have simply not been implemented.

Glad that Colin's view concur with mine.

Czdude
Newly Registered

Post by Czdude » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:57 am

Is it possible to escalate this form to EU Solvit already? Not terribly happy about the prospects of filling out this form.

Just a further thought - if one has previously received a family residence card in another EU country, shouldn't that be proof enough to be issued a new one in another EU country upon moving? While it is clearly not exactly the same since you (via your spouse) have to prove your reason for residence in EU country X, a like analogy would be that of driving licenses. If an EU license holder moves countries in the EU, they are entitled to exchange their license without recourse. Shouldn't a similar process of reciprocity apply?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:19 am

The UKVI does not easily recognize the residence documents issued by other EAA countries, claiming that these are subject to abuse.

Ironically, the UKVI is an abuser of the Directive themselves.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

tebee

Post by tebee » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:45 am

vinny wrote:The UKVI does not easily recognize the residence documents issued by other EAA countries, claiming that these are subject to abuse.

But does not the McCarthy Judgement mean they now have to accept them? Or is that just limited to allowing short stays?

But if they try to interpret it that narrowly, this will lead to the logical inconsistency that they accept it for certain things, but not for others - and I suspect a further court case later .
“I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare: and I dare a little more as I grow older.

Czdude
Newly Registered

Post by Czdude » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:45 am

I have to agree - the McCarthy case opens up a whole Pandora's Box of things UKBA doesn't want to deal with (or doesn't recognize it will have to deal with), but is going to have to. To claim that UK vetting of a residence case trumps a fellow EU member's previous vetting strikes me as counter to the concept of a union itself. But then, after the upcoming May election, maybe the UK feels it can do what it pleases.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:29 am

abam wrote:Hello good people, I really need your help. My two step children arrived in UK last week on EEA FP. Now we want to apply for their RC as soon as possible. My question is do we have to print all the 129 pages and fill? Also do I have to provide all the supporting documents I provided during the Family Permit Application including my Passport? And do I have to include anything from my husband(Their Father) who is already on RC?
Any help will be much appreciated.

abam
Newly Registered

Post by abam » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Hello good people, I really need your help. My two step children arrived in UK last week on EEA FP. Now we want to apply for their RC as soon as possible. My question is do we have to print all the 129 pages and fill? Also do I have to provide all the supporting documents I provided during the Family Permit Application including my Passport? And do I have to include anything from my husband(Their Father) who is already on RC?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Obie
Ireland

Re: 137 Pages EEA application form, what for exactly

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Just thought I update this post to reflect the fact that the application has been increased to 137.

Utter ridiculous.

People need to obtain Biometric, an equivalence which does not appear to apply to British Citizens.

It looks like the UK is pushing EU law to its limit, or perhaps beyond it.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:06 pm

This was indeed necessary for my sanity sake.

UKVI has finally accepted in their policy guidance that a person cannot be refused for refusing to fill in the appropriate form.

see the end of page 7 and start of page 8.

I have always thought that those forms were not EU law compliant, just a shame that UKVI realised on the 07-04-2014.

I will however not personally advise people to not use them, as a europhile caseworker may be tempted to refuse it, and make life heard for them.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Nice one Obie.
I find the form difficult to fill in in a certain circumstance. I think Surinder Singh is for worker, self-employed or student and does not cover self-sufficient, try filling in the form as self-sufficient and coming back to UK releying on O.B. Cant fill in the SS section because it dont really apply. it just dont fit anywhere in the form. 137 pages wasted.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

kenc

Post by kenc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:32 am

357mag wrote:Nice one Obie.
I find the form difficult to fill in in a certain circumstance. I think Surinder Singh is for worker, self-employed or student and does not cover self-sufficient, try filling in the form as self-sufficient and coming back to UK releying on O.B. Cant fill in the SS section because it dont really apply. it just dont fit anywhere in the form. 137 pages wasted.
I find myself in a similar position with the new PR Form. It was my intention to simply apply by letter but I read somewhere on this board that old versions of the EEA4 are acceptable as long as they are accompanied by the new fee.

I recall a version of the EEA 4 that had no specific mention of SS details but simply asked if you had entered on a Family Visit Visa, similar to the EEA2 of 5 or 6 years ago.

I wonder if any member reading this has a link to where an older version of the EEA4 might be downloaded from.

I would be grateful for any guidance.

Thanks

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 am

kenc wrote:
I find myself in a similar position with the new PR Form. It was my intention to simply apply by letter but I read somewhere on this board that old versions of the EEA4 are acceptable as long as they are accompanied by the new fee.

I recall a version of the EEA 4 that had no specific mention of SS details but simply asked if you had entered on a Family Visit Visa, similar to the EEA2 of 5 or 6 years ago.

I wonder if any member reading this has a link to where an older version of the EEA4 might be downloaded from.

Thanks
A great source for old forms is the UK Government Web Archive. You can access older versions of the websites and retrieve old forms by navigating through it:

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... ce.gov.uk/

(All archived versions of the old UKBA website)

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... ww.gov.uk/

(All archived version of the current gov.uk website)

You can find forms such as this, from 2012:

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... /eea41.pdf

kenc

Post by kenc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:36 am

Hubba wrote:
kenc wrote:

Thanks
A great source for old forms is the UK Government Web Archive. You can access older versions of the websites and retrieve old forms by navigating through it:

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... ce.gov.uk/

(All archived versions of the old UKBA website)

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... ww.gov.uk/

(All archived version of the current gov.uk website)

You can find forms such as this, from 2012:

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... /eea41.pdf
Thanks Hubba.
That information was invaluable. A great deal to trawl through but I almost got an instantaneous hit. I'll get there.

Many many thanks

sagareva
BANNED

anyone got a EEA(PR) 01/15 version in PDF??

Post by sagareva » Fri May 22, 2015 10:28 am

Hi, anyone got a EEA(PR) 01/15 version in PDF??
I need that file... all links have been obviously replaced with the 04/15 version now, and somehow i haven't saved it... thanks!!!
I know it seems biometrics is the only different section but still I need the file of the 01/15 version. If you have it, please PM!!! thanks

PS Yes I know i started a separate thread, sorry - will delete if get the form )
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 22, 2015 10:49 am

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri May 22, 2015 12:29 pm

vinny wrote:Here.

thanks! i could not find it believe it or not.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:22 pm

I have, just for comparison, looked up the equivalent form for making such an application in the Netherlands; it is only 11 pages, which includes some pages that just explain the rules and the procedure, and some that are optional depending on circumstances.

In the Netherlands you can not apply by post, only in person. However, this means that you get the Certificate of Application immediately (it is a sticker in your passport) and you will never be without passport as well. Of course, you need to bring and show your valid passport when lodging the application. The office where you do that will make a copy of the passport, apply the CoA sticker and give you your passport back.

And "immediately" means here what most people think it means; not the HO interpretation "within two months or so"!

I'm very glad that I don't need to worry about UK applications until 2021 when my wife's PRC is due for renewal