ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In country tier 2 application - no biometric letter yet

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

In country tier 2 application - no biometric letter yet

Post by silverchloride » Tue May 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Dear all,

I applied on the 18th of April for a tier 2 change of employer application, got the acknowledgement letter on the 25th of April but haven't received the biometric letter so far. Should I be worried? I have been away recently so I'm not sure if the letter was misplaced somewhere? Is there a way to find out if they dispatched that letter? Anyone who has been in a similar situation recently?

Any help / advice / guidance will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

scro2014
Newly Registered

Re: In country tier 2 application - no biometric letter yet

Post by scro2014 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:54 pm

hey,

I applied for same thing around same time, i got my acknowledgement and bio on the 22nd of april and resent that off on 25th, still waiting for approval (fingers crossed). Have your funds been taken out?

Maybe give it another week, or is there a contact on acknowledgement letter, can't remember if there is or not

best of luck

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue May 13, 2014 6:58 pm

scro2014 wrote:hey,

I applied for same thing around same time, i got my acknowledgement and bio on the 22nd of april and resent that off on 25th, still waiting for approval (fingers crossed). Have your funds been taken out?

Maybe give it another week, or is there a contact on acknowledgement letter, can't remember if there is or not

best of luck
Hey thanks very much for getting back to me. Did both of the letters come together? Yes the funds have been taken - and the acknowledgement letter was dated 25.04.14 - It says you shouldn't contact us, etc and that the next thing will be the biometric letter. I know looking at the timelines, most people get both these letters (acknowledgement and biometric) together so i'm very concerned now. The problem is that I was away when the acknowledgement was sent (I opened it on the 7th of May when I returned)... I am worried if the letter has been misplaced during my absence.

Can the local post-office help locate this? Or is there another way out? The acknowledgement letter said don't contact us, so I'm not sure where i can find this information from..

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Tue May 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi,
I posted my Tier 2 5 years application on May 7th. They have deducted the fund on May 9th yet up to now I have not yet received neither acknowledgment letter nor biometric. Is this normal? Did you apply yourself or via solicitor? Let's keep in touch.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue May 13, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks buddy, what is the 5 year application? Since i know the maximum limit is three years (twice). I applied myself, getting really worried now since most people receive the acknowledgement and biometric letter either together or within a couple of days of each other... There's no way to find out whether the letter has been lost or misplaced or whether they've not dispatched it at all...

newenie
Newly Registered

Post by newenie » Wed May 14, 2014 6:45 pm

I posted mine around the same time, and received both acknowledge letter and biometric invitation letter together last week. Both letters were dated 30/04/2014.

My immigration adviser advised 3-4 weeks for acknowledge letter and 4-5 weeks for biometric.

I am not sure if a letter with you case reference will help. You could try just in case it lost in post, they are at least informed.

Wish you the best.

vbanda
Newly Registered

Post by vbanda » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:25 pm

HI, i have applied tier2 visa on 26th jan 2015, and i haven't received any acknowledgment or biometric yet, what might be the issue. Before that my tier4 visa extension was under process and college was revoked, so i have received 60 days letter on 2nd dec 2014, so i have submitted tier2 application to switch my visa. I am very tensed and i have sent the postal orders for the visa fee, i have checked with royal mail, the application was delivered with signature.