ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT:college revoked last week...help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ALIALI1234
Newly Registered

URGENT:college revoked last week...help

Post by ALIALI1234 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi all

i am writing this post on behalf of a dear friend who is in trouble now, if there is any information needed regarding her case please let me know and i will find out.

she is student at a london college and studying level 7 tourism and Hospitality which is equel to master degree I guess.
she started her course middle of October, and just last week (first week of Novembver)she was informed that the college licence has been REVOKED! and she only has visa until end of 30th of November.

she is trying to find any other college to enrol for the same course, but they say it is too late and she needs to wait until January for new courses to start, obviously she ca not do that. she does not have enough time to claim back tution fee either.

what are the options available for her at this point? as it is not her fault and she was informed just last week when she can not find any other place to study. she is hoping that there is a solution like some sort of visa extension for this circumstances. also i forgot to mention that she has not reicived any 60 DAYS NOTICE from home office to leave the country yet.

any help or advice is much appreciated in advance as she is really stressed out.

regards

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: URGENT:college revoked last week...help

Post by bruteforce » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:40 am

First of all, she will not receive a 60 days letter as her existing leave is less than 6 months. Secondly, the chances of getting the fees back are very slim so that would be a waste of time & more money IMO. The only sensible & logical option she is left with is to leave the country NOW and then reapply from home country. There shouldn't be any problem in getting the visa again. Leaving the country is not an easy option but that is the only option available under the circumstances.

danis123
Newly Registered

Post by danis123 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:29 pm

hi all, danish here..any advice would be greatly appreciated,,,,

1) came to uk on student visa and got post study work visa which expired on 13/june/2014
2) applied for a tier 4 student visa on 12/june /2014... home office returned my application as 1 did not do bio-metric on time .. received then application from home on 22/august/14 and sent a new application on 24/august /14 with same documents.. done bio-metric later..
3) on 29/january/15 received a letter from home office saying, my college's licence is revoked and i can apply for a new college with in 60 days..

i am finding it difficult to find a course and university to join in this short period...but i am adamant that in september 2015 i would get a place to study in a well reputed uk university and also i really want to study that course..

Q) ANY WAY I CAN EXTEND MY STAY LEGALLY UNTIL AUGUST 2015 SO I CAN APPLY IN UNIVERSITY FOR SEPTEMBER INTAKE?
Q2) MY COURSE START ON 28/SEPTEMBER /15 , HOW MANY MONTHS BEFORE I CANGET THE CAS LETTER AND APPLY FOR VISA?

MANY THANKS!!!!!!

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:35 pm

danis123 wrote:hi all, danish here..any advice would be greatly appreciated,,,,

1) came to uk on student visa and got post study work visa which expired on 13/june/2014
2) applied for a tier 4 student visa on 12/june /2014... home office returned my application as 1 did not do bio-metric on time .. received then application from home on 22/august/14 and sent a new application on 24/august /14 with same documents.. done bio-metric later..
3) on 29/january/15 received a letter from home office saying, my college's licence is revoked and i can apply for a new college with in 60 days..

i am finding it difficult to find a course and university to join in this short period...but i am adamant that in september 2015 i would get a place to study in a well reputed uk university and also i really want to study that course..

Q) ANY WAY I CAN EXTEND MY STAY LEGALLY UNTIL AUGUST 2015 SO I CAN APPLY IN UNIVERSITY FOR SEPTEMBER INTAKE?
Q2) MY COURSE START ON 28/SEPTEMBER /15 , HOW MANY MONTHS BEFORE I CANGET THE CAS LETTER AND APPLY FOR VISA?

MANY THANKS!!!!!!
if you REALLY want to study then the best option currently is to leave the country and apply from your home country around August. That way you have more realistic chances to get visa, if you try staying here by any means shall jeopardize any future chances of living in the UK unless of course you get admission within the 60 days given.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:29 pm

dear Ali,

there are many misconceptions about the 60 days time. according to what I have read at the UKVI the 60 day period start from the day college gets their license revoked. for example if the college license is revoked on 1st January, the 60 days will start from 1st January.

moreover It is the duty of the college to inform the students that the license has been revoked and the students now have 60 days to find another sponsor, and it is also the duty of the sponsor to provide all the necessary documents required by the student to transfer to a new tier 4 sponsor.

the home office sending out letters is also a part of the process but there are many occasions for example the student changing their addresses therefore even if the home office sends them the letter they do not get it. furthermore these days home office has started to send e-mails to the students with the letter attached.

coming back to your friend, the best practise in her case is to have a word with the new sponsor and see if they are willing to give her admission if she goes back and applies. it is very hard for her to acquire admission while she is here. the colleges and universities are very reluctant to give admission to students with a curtailment letter. best is to take the cas from here or atleast get the unconditional offer from here, go back, pay the fee, get the cas, and apply for the visa.

through this the chances of getting a visa is much higher.

good luck.

Jonmattias
Newly Registered

Post by Jonmattias » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 am

don't worry about the 60 days letter.

if i will tell u my story, you will laugh.

every individual has different cases so just simply apply in other uni.