ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving to ireland on eu family member residence card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jasmin kool

moving to ireland on eu family member residence card

Post by jasmin kool » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Hi I am non eu family member of britishh citizen and holding a card called family member of eu citizen residence card issued in portugal I am planing to move in ireland and I know my entery is visa free because I have got card of eu family member I just want to know that am I need to apply for eu family member of residence card (stamp4 eufam) in ireland or I just need to register in garda and they will issue me certificate with a stamp 4eufam and what are the requirements for that.thanks every reply will be appreciate

jasmin kool

Re: moving to ireland on eu family member residence card

Post by jasmin kool » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi can anyone answer of my post plz because it is urgent amber do u know anything let ne know plz I will be thankfull to u :)

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:16 am

Hi I can see in this forum u members helps every 1 but why not me please I am really in big stress I am job less here and don't know the language I want to move to Ireland with my british wife I had read from the posts on the forum that I can travel to ireland with my wife on family member of eu citizen residence card I want to know the next procdure what I have to do next once I land in ireland.am I need to apply for stamp 4 eufam with new application and what are requirements.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:55 am

Hi can anyone tell me am I need to apply new family member of eu citizen residance card in Ireland if I have got already issued in portugal or I just only have to register with my wife .

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:30 pm

You need to make a written application on Form EU1 when you arrive in Ireland. If successful you will be granted a 5 year residence card. The EU family member must be "exercising treaty rights" in Ireland - working, studying or residing with sufficient resources. Link to form: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf
The process takes 6 months but once you have submitted the form with all the documents you will be issued with a temporary passport stamp and card. HTH.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi thanks alot for reply.can you tel m if I can't find job imidatly after arriving in ireland so can I apply by showing bank sufficient funds like bank statements and how much minimum statment wil be ok for that .and what are the circumstances to refuse the application. Sorry for too many questions and thanks one again for your reply

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:40 am

It's the British citizen that must be working etc., not you. Sufficient resources is not defined. €50K plus may be okay, I really don't know.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:40 am

It's the British citizen that must be working etc., not you. Sufficient resources is not defined. €50K plus may be okay, I really don't know.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:30 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:It's the British citizen that must be working etc., not you. Sufficient resources is not defined. €50K plus may be okay, I really don't know.
there is no set minimum limit of resources 50k or above is not mention any where . as far as you are not burden on state and you can maintain yourself without social security and for a small family 15k to 20k will be enough just guessing as there is not set minimum in directives .

eu citizen can be self employed or even student but in case of student only direct family member like spouse is covered easy way is once in Ireland if eu citizen get employment it will make a lot easier .

or just registered self as self employed etc
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:46 pm

thanks alot for your reply :).i have got eu family residance card on the base of treaty rights and i have got all the documants which can require in surinder sing rout .we dont want to live in portugal because here no good jobs and we dont know language its too hard there no good pay as well .i cant decide which option to chose stamp 4 eu fam in ireland or surinder sing route in uk.and can i do surinder singh route in ireland .sorry for too many question but i really need ur guys help to take good decion.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:06 am

That's a personal decision for you, which country you wish to live in!

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:43 pm

I had book tickets for Ireland.:) thanks for ur help n will let you know next .might b I will need more information after going irelan than will ask you thanks.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:32 pm

hi i am in ireland now.on the airport immigration officer said why u come to ireland my waif said we come to sattle here .he argu y u want to settle there bla bla ........ but at the end he said oright i am going to rigster u and make a stamp on my pasport on which mantion GNIB registration .he said with in 2 months time u have to go to INIS brings pasports n relevant documants with u and they will grant u stay longer because u already have got eu family member card issued by 3rd country.next day i go to the INIS office there the person said you have to fill eu1 form i had download eu 1 form . my wife is intrested in studing .i want to know if she studing will i still can rigster if yes than how much statment she have to show.
waiting for rply
thanks

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:31 am

Have you looked at the FAQs on the INIS website? I think you would find this useful. You will both need private health insurance and be self sufficient (not on social welfare) . Please don't rely wholly on advice from this board! Get legal advice or research properly by reference to the Regulations themselves and the Dept of Justice website.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 pm

to exercise eu treaty right eu citizen can be employed, self employed ,self sufficient ,or student .
so if your wife is student you are still covered under directives .

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:21 pm

thanks for your reply toofan .so if she is studing so how much money in bank statment she have to show .

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:31 pm

don't forget about comprehensive health insurance if you're a student...

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:02 pm

yeh health insurance and college inrolment and cource detail.but how much minimum money will be oright for showing we can support ourselfs and not burdon on government.can you give me your email address please if you can

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 pm

thanks for your reply ImmigrationLawyer.i think i have to counsult with solistor aswell

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:06 am

what else you want to know ?

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:13 pm

are we (me and my wife)are entitle for free health service like we were in uk

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:15 pm

she is looking for job and hope she will get soon.i have one more question are we both are entitle for free medical in ireland we were in uk.

jasmin kool

Post by jasmin kool » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi guys just to inform u all i got 5 years residence card I had submitted application on 5th of june and i got letter on 10th of july for 5 years stamp 4 eufam.Thanks to all.

littlev
Newly Registered

Post by littlev » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi,

I am in the same situation like you.

May I know:

What document you included?
What amount you showed on your bank statement? (joint account or her account only?)
Which health insurance did you use?

My wife has not yet started her school so please help since I need to prepare the "resident with sufficient resource" path as well

Thanks a lot!

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:47 am

littlev wrote:Hi,

I am in the same situation like you.

May I know:

What document you included?
What amount you showed on your bank statement? (joint account or her account only?)
Which health insurance did you use?

My wife has not yet started her school so please help since I need to prepare the "resident with sufficient resource" path as well

Thanks a lot!
Firstly, when are you going to apply and when does your wife start school? This is very important as once your wife starts school, you are eligible based on the EU citizen exercisng their rights in the State by studying.

Q1 and Q2 The documents regarding sufficient resources is a grey area but if the EU citizen can show ongoing income to their account, then this could be sufficient resources or if there is a large amount of money in an account for the EU citizen, such as 40k, then this may be sufficient. It is not a set amount required. Jount account is better as it shows that the non-EU citize has access to the funds

Q3 It has to be private health insurance and not the lowest cheapest option.

If you have any more questions, you can email me at my email address below or pm me here
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum