ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

if my 5 year cap is over can i go back home and get tier 4 a

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bigboy86

if my 5 year cap is over can i go back home and get tier 4 a

Post by Bigboy86 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi guys
I need some guidance plz
Any help will be appriciated
Any link to the relevent topic or guidance note will aslo be apriciated

My question is

If my 5 years cap on tier 4 is over and indont have any options to switch my tier 4 to another catagory, can i go back to my home country and get tier 4 again or is there any time limit for which i have to wait before applying for tier 4 again.

Many thanks in advance
Regards

riz1986

Re: if my 5 year cap is over can i go back home and get tier

Post by riz1986 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:49 pm

it depends what course u want to study .If PhD then there is no cap or the courses excluded from cap such as (Medicine,Law,music,etc)

Once you reach da cap that's it.no more Tier 4 in country or overseas.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:40 pm

there are a lot of confusions for the CAP. Please read the guidance for the proper information.

tier 4, 5 years cap is on undergraduate study.

go to this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf
read 55-61 very carefully and if you understand what you read, your questions will be answered automatically.

good luck. :)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:12 pm

The cap applies whether you are inside or outside the uk. It doesn't reset when you leave.

GMacNab
Newly Registered

Post by GMacNab » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:02 am

Page 56 of the linked documents states:

Applications made on or after 6 April 2012
For applications made on or after 6 April 2012, paragraph 245ZX(ha) of the Immigration Rules restricts Tier 4 (General) students to a maximum of five years study at degree level or above. Any period studying at degree level or above in the student route in place before 31 March 2009 also counts toward the maximum five years permitted at this level. Degree level courses are defined as those at:

National Qualification Framework (NQF) level 6
Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) level 6
Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 9

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:37 pm

GMacNab wrote:Page 56 of the linked documents states:

Applications made on or after 6 April 2012
For applications made on or after 6 April 2012, paragraph 245ZX(ha) of the Immigration Rules restricts Tier 4 (General) students to a maximum of five years study at degree level or above. Any period studying at degree level or above in the student route in place before 31 March 2009 also counts toward the maximum five years permitted at this level. Degree level courses are defined as those at:

National Qualification Framework (NQF) level 6
Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) level 6
Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 9
Dear GMacNab,
You were smart enough to read the first few lines only and understand it correctly. However, not smart enough to read further on the same page where it says:

Exceptions
Applicants who apply to study, or continue to study a course listed below are not subject to the five year limit.

so please read further where it says more about the cap. and I am sure you will understand it because it is written in a simple and clear language. :) :)

GMacNab
Newly Registered

Post by GMacNab » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:32 am

aaliya1986 wrote:Dear GMacNab,
You were smart enough to read the first few lines only and understand it correctly. However, not smart enough to read further on the same page where it says:

Exceptions
Applicants who apply to study, or continue to study a course listed below are not subject to the five year limit.

so please read further where it says more about the cap. and I am sure you will understand it because it is written in a simple and clear language. :) :)
That only applies to the exceptions. As riz1986 rightly says, it depends what course the OP wants to study. No mention has been made of the subject studied.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:11 pm

GMacNab wrote:
aaliya1986 wrote:Dear GMacNab,

Exceptions

That only applies to the exceptions. As riz1986 rightly says, it depends what course the OP wants to study. No mention has been made of the subject studied.
I do not want to get into an argument, because my concepts are very clear about cap which are exactly what the policy says.
read the full table of the exception and try to understand it. maybe you will have a better idea :)