ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish paspot for non Irish parents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Legal_ailien
Newly Registered

Irish paspot for non Irish parents

Post by Legal_ailien » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi, I am Lithuanian national, my son was born in NI and had right to Irish pasport as I have lived long enough in iseland of Ireland before his birth. I was told that there is way for non Irish parent to get Irish pasport some way thru the child if he has Irish pasport. Looked every where cant find any thing and person who told me is not available. Have any one heared any thing about it? Would really aprishiate any info. Sorry for spelling.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Irish paspot for non Irish parents

Post by chaoclive » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:25 am

No; you don't have any right to get an Irish passport if you continue to live in NI. The fact that your son has Irish citizenship by virtue of birth in NI doesn't mean that you can get one, unfortunately.

If you were to live in the Republic of Ireland for 5 years you would be able apply for an Irish passport in your own right.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish paspot for non Irish parents

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 am

I agree with chaoclive,

If you live in the Republic of Ireland for 5 years you would be able apply for an Irish passport in your own right and you have to prove your residence in the form of utility bills, P60's, bank statements etc.