ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case reinstated by Consulate but still cant schedule intervi

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

john09
Newly Registered

Case reinstated by Consulate but still cant schedule intervi

Post by john09 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Hello Everyone,

My IV case was reinstated after i wasnt able to attend the first interview due to sickness, now i was emailed by Montreal that i can go and schedule the interview myself, the problem is that they gave me a link that points to NIV section and not IV section, i tried them both all the way to the end and each one gives me different errors. i am not sure if their site is wrong or what, PLEASE HELP ME

The errors:

The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment. If you have not received an appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), you can check the status of your IV case at http://travel.state....igrate/nvc.html.

Note: the problem is that the first interview was scheduled by NVC but i couldnt go to it due to sickness, but the system now doesnt have any info about me although the MTL consulate did email me the below information!!!

This is what they emailed me:

This office has completed the review of the below-referenced immigrant visa case. You are now ready for an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal, where all interviews for immigration to the US from Canada are processed. This letter provides information on the next steps you must take to continue with your immigrant visa case.

Schedule your visa interview appointment

Please visit http://canada.usvisa-info.com to obtain information online or via telephone concerning scheduling an interview appointment for you and those family members included in the petition. If you have not previously registered your information and selected a Loomis courier location on this website, please do so now.

You must have the Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number, and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select an appointment time for you and your family.