ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 change of employer - Effect on dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paru250687
Newly Registered

T2 change of employer - Effect on dependant

Post by paru250687 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:27 am

Hello everyone,

I scanned through all the posts and am still unable :cry: to find answers for these :

1)I am on a Tier 2 General and am currently in the process of changing employer.Next week am applying by the premium service.
My wife is already in the UK on the Tier 2 Dependant Visa. Will she have to apply again for another Tier 2 VISA?

2)If yes, will she have to apply at the same time as me or can she applysay after a couple of weeks after i get my BRP.

3)Can someone please shed light on what documents does she need to apply with ?

4) Do we have to prove again that our relationship is subsisting? Like skype chats,marriage certificate,photos? Has anyone applied on a dependant visa from UK? Can you please help !! :roll:

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: T2 change of employer - Effect on dependant

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 am

No need for dependent visa to be applied for.
BUT it does mean when the dependent visa expires you will have to meet financial requirements as you can't rely on the maintenance box tick on your COS at that point.
The option to apply for dependent visa in line with your new visa is there if you want but it is not a compulsory requirement.

paru250687
Newly Registered

Post by paru250687 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:56 am

Frontier Mole wrote:No need for dependent visa to be applied for.
BUT it does mean when the dependent visa expires you will have to meet financial requirements as you can't rely on the maintenance box tick on your COS at that point.
The option to apply for dependent visa in line with your new visa is there if you want but it is not a compulsory requirement.
Are you sure that the dependant doesn't have to reapply? Could you confirm with any link of a website where you have seen this?

This has made me more confused now as I called up the UKBA helpline and they said that if I change my sponsor, my dependants visa will become invalid.Many posts on this website also agree with that.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:28 am

This has been a long argued point. There is no where in the guidance that states a change of employment requires a renewed dependent visa. Neither is there a paragraph that states there is a continuing leave for the dependent under the current visa.
Because of the lack of clarity because the guidance is silent on theeither matter there is all sorts of interpretation.
The legal pointis this : a dependent visa is granted on link between the tier 2 holder and the family member. It is solely dependent on the tier 2 holder maintaining that status. It is not conditional on the tier 2 sponsor and hence sponsor change does not require dependent visa change.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:15 pm

paru250687 wrote:Hello everyone,

I scanned through all the posts and am still unable :cry: to find answers for these :

1)I am on a Tier 2 General and am currently in the process of changing employer.Next week am applying by the premium service.
My wife is already in the UK on the Tier 2 Dependant Visa. Will she have to apply again for another Tier 2 VISA?

she needn't apply now, she can apply any time before her visa expires. If the two of you don't apply at the same time she'll have to show maintenance funds when she applies (unless your new employer will certify maintenance for her.

2)If yes, will she have to apply at the same time as me or can she apply say after a couple of weeks after i get my BRP.

3)Can someone please shed light on what documents does she need to apply with ?

4) Do we have to prove again that our relationship is subsisting? Like skype chats,marriage certificate,photos? Has anyone applied on a dependant visa from UK? Can you please help !! :roll:

paru250687
Newly Registered

Post by paru250687 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks Manci,

Would she need to apply with the same docs as she did first time? That was a long list of evidences like watsapp,skype chat, emails, photos and entire relationship history !