ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PPS Number

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benfares

PPS Number

Post by benfares » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi ,
I asked before about how to get the PPS number , i got some help from you guys ( thank you so much ) i called yesterday the irish social welfare in dublin they said that i have to prove the adress where i am stying ( i am stying with a relativ).
so i showed them the bills with a letter saying that im stying with my relativ .

The problem is that woman in social welfare goes to me and my wife that we cant apply for the PPS number still we show that we have an offer for Job . She goes the law changed and now people CAN WORK IN IRELAND WITHOUT PPS NUMBER !!!!!

Is it True ? I really need your advice

Thank you.

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: PPS Number

Post by banana07 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:21 pm

I bet they did not ask you for GNIB status!! - someone answered you in the last thread saying they will ask for gnib which is not true in reality unless you looked so dodgy to them..

you dont really have to have a job to apply for pps.. you know why? simply because you can obtain a pps number by simply apply for pps for being self-employed (or planning to)! then you tell them to update your stauts from self employed to workless in a week or month time.. easy beazy
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:42 pm

You will be able to start work without a PPS number, but you will be paying the maximum tax rate on all your income (emergency tax) - that is 50% if your income paid in tax from the first euro. So if people can avoid doing that, they will.

What she said sounds strange, I think you should be able to get the PPS number.

benfares

Post by benfares » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Thank you so much for your help.

I have another questions plz

How do i apply for GNIB carb ?
If i get this card will i have right to work ?

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:03 pm

olavogasp
Newly Registered

Post by olavogasp » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:49 pm

benfares, did you manage to get your PPSN without a job offer?
Has anyone ever had it? By claiming they're are self-employed?