ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benfares

GNIB Card

Post by benfares » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:56 pm

Hello ,

We came 2 weeks ago to ireland under Ss route .I am Moroccan my wife is British .they gave me 90 days in My visa i got so many jobs in dublin but the problem is i cant work i need stamp 4.
My question is

How do i apply for GNIB carb ?
If i get this card will i have right to work ?
Plz i need youf advice

Thank you

jeupsy

Re: GNIB Card

Post by jeupsy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:38 am

Here is the application form: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

See section 4 for the list of required documents (mainly: proof of accommodation in Ireland, marriage certificate, and proof that your spouse is working)

The processing time is 6 months, but after one to 2 months and if you have attached all the required document, they will issue you with a temporary GNIB card with Stamp 4 (meaning it will allow you to work).

After 6 months they will send their final decisions, and if positive you will get a GNIB card valid for 5 years.

cestmoi
Newly Registered

Post by cestmoi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:48 am

Hello,

I am an American wishing to live and work in Ireland.

I was told to apply for the GNIB card (w/ stamp 4), however, when I went to the http://www.inis.gov.ie site; none of the GNIB forms applied to me. They are either all for an applicant who is a family member of a EEA citizen or for renewing/expanding an existing GNIB card.

How do I apply for a GNIB card as an individual who wishes to move to and live in Ireland?

What is the difference between a Visa Stamp 4 and a GNIB Stamp 4?

Also, applying for a work permit seems to be a bit of a conundrum/catch 22: I can't apply for a work permit without having a job offer first. I can't apply for a job without having a work permit first. Can anyone help me break through this loop?

Thank you very much.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:40 am

Stamp 4 is a permanent residence card and you can't get it straight ahead. If you get a green card (employment permit) for 2 years than on the 3rd year you will qualify for the stamp 4.

There is no difference between Visa Stamp 4 and a GNIB Stamp 4. Its the same thing.

If you want to come to Ireland than try to get green card (employment permit) or if you get married to an Irish or EU citizen than you will qualify for stamp 4. There is no other easy way.

For the Green card you should have the required skills which are listed on the below link:

http://www.djei.ie/labour/workpermits/c ... illsep.htm

Any question do let me know...