ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yrs Private life route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: 10 yrs Private life route

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Well for starters, the provision under which you are seeking to apply, does not apply to your parent, not to even go into the rest, which is much more complicating.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:05 pm

You should seek legal advise as the direction you are going through is unlikely to succeed, and will lead to them facing difficulty in entering UK in future when it back fires.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Aslans wrote:so under 25 age, and 20 years here, is the route for private life route 10 years.?

What happened after sign in after PAP?
What happened after sign in after PAP?[/quote]

Hello
JR was submitted in October as HO did not respond to PAP. Solicitor informed me last month that my case has been passed to the Judge who will make the decision based on papers which mean I don't have to go to a hearing.

I still go to report, today I was so nervous going in to report because I didn't know if a decision had been made. While I was there one of the I/O ask if I would consider going back home - to which I said no, the I/O also asked if I was working and if I had a NI card which I need to bring in when I next report. He said they need it to update their system when I asked why.

Just wondering if this is a good thing, are they considering granting me leave to remain. As anyone been asked these question during reporting?

Keep up the good work and best wishes for everyone waiting for a decision.

I would love to hear from you

Thanks.

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:02 am

So things luk gud mom_ato?

wats the update ?

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Aslans wrote:So things luk gud mom_ato?

wats the update ?
Update;
HO did not respond to PAP, so JR was submitted and now JR beenrefused. I have an Oral heating at the en of this month. I am so nervous/anxious don't know which way it will go. Basically the reason for refuse is that I overstayed an I did not sent the documentary evidence when ask in the Additional information doc that was sent o me. It was my previous solicitor who advised me not to.

I have the opportunity for it to be reconsided, not sure what to expect as I mnyion before in previous post. Doc hat I have covered 13 years of what would be submitted for private life.

What do you think my chances are at the Hearing?
Any idea of how I can prepare for the hearing?
At the heating, should I explain that I followed instructions for my previous solicitor who informed me not to send the evidence?

I am still fighting to secure leave to remain.

Would welcome feedback

Thanks

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:48 am

Mom_ato wrote:

wats the update ?
Update;
HO did not respond to PAP, so JR was submitted and now JR beenrefused. I have an Oral heating at the en of this month. I am so nervous/anxious don't know which way it will go. Basically the reason for refuse is that I overstayed an I did not sent the documentary evidence when ask in the Additional information doc that was sent o me. It was my previous solicitor who advised me not to.

I have the opportunity for it to be reconsided, not sure what to expect as I mnyion before in previous post. Doc hat I have covered 13 years of what would be submitted for private life.

What do you think my chances are at the Hearing?
Any idea of how I can prepare for the hearing?

At the heating, should I explain that I followed instructions for my previous solicitor who informed me not to send the evidence?

I am still fighting to secure leave to remain.

Would welcome feedback

Thanks
Oh sad, can u tell me when was ur paper JR refused? and how long before u get the hearing date?

If u previous solicitor advised u not to file documentary evidence, do u have proof? if u have that will go as a plus towards ur claim in the oral hearing.

I suggest wear normal clothes....and find a local court, and apply to sit in as a guest. You just have to sit in as a guest to know what happens in the court proceedings, it will help u alot in ur case.

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:20 am

See info below
Last edited by Mom_ato on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:31 am

Aslans wrote:
Mom_ato wrote:

wats the update ?
Oh sad, can u tell me when was ur paper JR refused? and how long before u get the hearing date?

If u previous solicitor advised u not to file documentary evidence, do u have proof? if u have that will go as a plus towards ur claim in the oral hearing.

I suggest wear normal clothes....and find a local court, and apply to sit in as a guest. You just have to sit in as a guest to know what happens in the court proceedings, it will help u alot in ur case.
Thanks
Hi Aslans
JR was refused on the 9th June
received hearing date on the 18th June
hearing date for July

I am glad you suggested to go to a hearing, yes that will give me an idea about procedings. Will definately do.

How do I apply to sit in on a hearing? Please advise.

I diid send my previous solicitor email regarding the evidence but she phone me instead of replying to email.

Do you think I should print and take the sent email with me to the hearing? Even though I don't have a reply?

Thanks for the advice/suggestion

Any other will be greatly welcome.

God bless

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Mom_ato wrote:
Aslans wrote:
Mom_ato wrote:

Thanks
Hi Aslans
JR was refused on the 9th June
received hearing date on the 18th June
hearing date for July

I am glad you suggested to go to a hearing, yes that will give me an idea about procedings. Will definately do.

How do I apply to sit in on a hearing? Please advise.

I diid send my previous solicitor email regarding the evidence but she phone me instead of replying to email.

Do you think I should print and take the sent email with me to the hearing? Even though I don't have a reply?

Thanks for the advice/suggestion

Any other will be greatly welcome.

God bless
Hi,

Find out from internet or local council or neighbors about the nearest court...the town you currently live. Contact nearest court and ask them to sit in as a guest, hopefully they will give u a date, and simply attend one.

Well you need to have evidence...although she could just say she spoke on the phone and were told not to send by you. Anyway take along the email, it is how u prove to the judge that ur ex-solicitor was negligent, which requires evidence basically.

Be vigilant with all ur solicitors, they are one money sucking individuals in UK, think critically about the steps you take.

Do not be scared of anything, its how life is, UK is not the only place, its infact getting bad to worse in uK under this Conservative Government...the economy is not approving and they are all taking their frustration on poor immigrants with toughest laws. Refusing Visa applications, increasing fees, immigration controls etc etc.

Anyway Prepare well for your Hearing !!

Relax and have fun...you did ur best, let God take the rest to your rightful glory.

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:39 pm

Aslans wrote: Contact nearest court and ask them to sit in as a guest, hopefully they will give u a date, and simply attend one.

Be vigilant with all ur solicitors, they are one money sucking individuals in UK, think critically about the steps you take.

Anyway Prepare well for your Hearing !!
Another setback for me again.
I had Hearing in Upper Tribunal and my case was dismissed, Judge suggested that I submit an application to HO to include my British Partner, as this was not declared in my previous application. (Mentioned but not evident) My private life on its own is not strong enough.

I have appointment with solicitor on Monday but in the meanwhile I want to look at the relevant applications.

The solicitor fees are so expensive, I am wondering if I can make the application myself.

Any idea which application I should use? I have been looking at FLR (FP)

I have to report in a few days so I want to get application in ASAP.

Advice/suggestion please - anyone

BTW great advise to sit in on a JR hearing - I went to one of the permission hearings. If you have a hearing coming up go and listen, see how cases are dealt with and what to expect in terms of setting too.

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:26 pm

Mom_ato wrote:
ANYONE OUT THERE!
My partner is becoming reluctant in co-operating with my application now. I was relying on him to see me through this.

Can anyone advise me on this: I have been helping my friend out with her daughter for 9 mts now. I was told by an acquaintance that I could add the child to application but its not clear as to what category I can do this. The child is 2yr old.

Anyone aware of this?

Please advice as to what category. I really need your help.

Thanks

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Mom_ato wrote:
Mom_ato wrote:
ANYONE OUT THERE!
My partner is becoming reluctant in co-operating with my application now. I was relying on him to see me through this.

Can anyone advise me on this: I have been helping my friend out with her daughter for 9 mts now. I was told by an acquaintance that I could add the child to application but its not clear as to what category I can do this. The child is 2yr old.

Anyone aware of this?

Please advice as to what category. I really need your help.

Thanks

Yeah sorry was busy.

So whats the update now ?

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:22 am

Aslans wrote:
Yeah sorry was busy.
I sent off the application based on partner and got acknowledgement that my case falls under Human Rights which is complex therefore will take longer to make a decision. Received letter to do Biometric last week, which I did. Now waiting, praying that a positive decision will be made soon. I am so drained right now.

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:27 am

Mom_ato wrote:
Aslans wrote:
Yeah sorry was busy.
I sent off the application based on partner and got acknowledgement that my case falls under Human Rights which is complex therefore will take longer to make a decision. Received letter to do Biometric last week, which I did. Now waiting, praying that a positive decision will be made soon. I am so drained right now.

Aww! I know u have been fighting for sometime. u still goin for reporting any issues?

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:14 am

Aslans wrote:
Mom_ato wrote:
Aslans wrote:
Yeah sorry was busy.

Aww! I know u have been fighting for sometime. u still goin for reporting any issues?
I am still reporting, was worried when JR was dismissed, but nothing happened when I went to report few days afterward. No issues so far.

Can I make a request to report 6 monthly instead of monthly? Do I have to meet certain criteria? If so what are they?
Thanks

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 pm

Mom_ato wrote:
I am still reporting, was worried when JR was dismissed, but nothing happened when I went to report few days afterward. No issues so far.

Can I make a request to report 6 monthly instead of monthly? Do I have to meet certain criteria? If so what are they?
Thanks
yes you can ask to report for 6 monthly, provided you have a new application, but nowadays HO may allow you max 1 month reporting rather than doing fortnightly.

May I ask what application or further representations have u submitted?

Infofreak

Post by Infofreak » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:03 pm

Mom_ato wrote:
Aslans wrote:so under 25 age, and 20 years here, is the route for private life route 10 years.?

Mom_ato wrote:Hello
JR was submitted in October as HO did not respond to PAP. Solicitor informed me last month that my case has been passed to the Judge who will make the decision based on papers which mean I don't have to go to a hearing.

I still go to report, today I was so nervous going in to report because I didn't know if a decision had been made. While I was there one of the I/O ask if I would consider going back home - to which I said no, the I/O also asked if I was working and if I had a NI card which I need to bring in when I next report. He said they need it to update their system when I asked why.

Just wondering if this is a good thing, are they considering granting me leave to remain. As anyone been asked these question during reporting?

Thanks.
Hi Mom_ato,

I am in the similar situation as to urs. Can you please tell me what happened when u went for reporting after your refusal letter came through.

I was given my refusal letter in my last reporting day. I have to go to the reporting center again this week and I am really scared just to the thought that I can be detained!!

Thank you!

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:07 am

Infofreak wrote:
Mom_ato wrote:

Mom_ato wrote:Hello

Thanks.
Hi Mom_ato,

I am in the similar situation as to urs. Can you please tell me what happened when u went for reporting after your refusal letter came through.

I was given my refusal letter in my last reporting day. I have to go to the reporting center again this week and I am really scared just to the thought that I can be detained!!

Thank you!
Hi Infofreak
From my understanding it's best to have an application pending at HO, if not you may be detain and remove. (this is my understanding) the last time I was refused, I had to report the following week, however my solicitor informed me that the system would not be updated by the time I go to report. (I was very nervous at the time).

Did you submit a new application? Can you appeal the refusal? I suggest you submit an application before you go to report and take proof of postage and signature of recipient if possible. (Providing your postage is sign for).Get a solicitor ASAP if you dont have one already, s/he will be able to bail you if you are detained, I pray that doesn't happend.

I sill go to report, my new application is pending.

Good luck and God Bless.

Infofreak

Post by Infofreak » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:01 am

Hi Mom_ato,

Thank you![/quote]

Hi Infofreak
From my understanding it's best to have an application pending at HO, if not you may be detain and remove. (this is my understanding) the last time I was refused, I had to report the following week, however my solicitor informed me that the system would not be updated by the time I go to report. (I was very nervous at the time).

Did you submit a new application? Can you appeal the refusal? I suggest you submit an application before you go to report and take proof of postage and signature of recipient if possible. (Providing your postage is sign for).Get a solicitor ASAP if you dont have one already, s/he will be able to bail you if you are detained, I pray that doesn't happend.

Good luck and God Bless.[/quote]

Thank You Mom_ato,

I have posted the PAP to the caseworker address, removal team and the HO JR team. have not heard anything from them yet. I did not have an in country appeal right but out of country appeal right for which my solicitor has lodged an appeal that i should have an in country appeal right. But the fees for this appeal has not been deducted too as the application was sent on 22/12/15.

Do you think this should be enough from them not detaining me?? I am very worried. :oops:

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Infofreak wrote:Hi Mom_ato,

Thank you!
Hi Infofreak

Good luck and God Bless.[/quote]

Thank You Mom_ato,

I have posted the PAP to the caseworker address, removal team and the HO JR team. have not heard anything from them yet. I did not have an in country appeal right but out of country appeal right for which my solicitor has lodged an appeal that i should have an in country appeal right. But the fees for this appeal has not been deducted too as the application was sent on 22/12/15.

Do you think this should be enough from them not detaining me?? I am very worried. :oops:
[/quote]

Infofreak, you will be ok, when you go to report take with you any proof you have that you submitted PAP. (The departments are not in syn it seams). You will be ok reporting. Don't worry.

Keep us posted.

Infofreak

Post by Infofreak » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Infofreak, you will be ok, when you go to report take with you any proof you have that you submitted PAP. (The departments are not in syn it seams). You will be ok reporting. Don't worry.

Keep us posted.
Thank you Mom_ato. Will keep u posted. hope everything goes well and i get to leave after the normal attendance. :?

Infofreak

Post by Infofreak » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Infofreak wrote:

Keep us posted.
Thank you Mom_ato. Will keep u posted. hope everything goes well and i get to leave after the normal attendance. :?
Update: received a letter from the HO responding for PAP and asking 14 days more to go through the documents. Hoping a positive response this time!!

Went to the reporting centre and thank goodness nothing happen and i was in and out in no time!!

@Mom_ato could you please tell me how much did your JR Cost for paper and oral? Its comming to a very costly end and getting unaffordable!! :cry:

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Infofreak wrote:
Infofreak wrote:

Keep us posted.
Update: received a letter from the HO responding for PAP and asking 14 days more to go through the documents. Hoping a positive response this time!!

Went to the reporting centre and thank goodness nothing happen and i was in and out in no time!!

@Mom_ato could you please tell me how much did your JR Cost for paper and oral? Its comming to a very costly end and getting unaffordable!! :cry:
Infofreak
Such a relief - HO responded to PAP, now that's a good start. Pray that HO reconsider their original decission then you won't have to go for JR which cost from £3000 dpending of the firm. Plus addition if case goes to court. Court fee + barrister fee to attend court + cost to draft argument statement. Oh yes the process is very costly. I believe it's beneficial is most ways to have representation.

You can use an independent barrister, which I'm told cost less but you would need to prepare some of the paper work yourself. (If you decide to go that route research the barrister).

Keep praying that it will be a positive outcome.

Let us know if HO respond to PAP on time.

Good luck.

Infofreak

Post by Infofreak » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 am

Update: Got the PAP reply from the home office according to them

"under our revised guidelines regarding section 3C leave to remain, it is true that a period of 28 days is granted after the expiry of section 3C leave in which the claimant is provided with time to either leave the UK or seek to regularize their stay here. However, that does not mean that any application for further leave to remain submitted during that 28 day period is regarded as in-time and that any refusal of that application therefore affords the applicant an in-country right of appeal.

Under section 3C of the 1971 Act your leave to remIN EXPIRED ON 30/03/15 WHEN YOUR APPEAL RIGHTS became exhausted and article 8 application of 13/4/1 was therefore correctly treated as out of time, the refusal of which did not afford you a right of appeal from within the UK."

This is really frustrating. I have read and read about the rules regarding the 28 days grace period and 3C leave and also have discussed it with various solicitors and never heard of a certain criteria only where you are allowed to apply for a fresh application!!
I always thought if applied in time all the time you are given that 28 days for fresh application.Please correct me if i am wrong.

Gurus please help!!!

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Infofreak wrote:
Update: Got the PAP reply from the home office according to them

"under our revised guidelines regarding section 3C leave to remain, it is true that a period of 28 days is granted after the expiry of section 3C leave in which the claimant is provided with time to either leave the UK or seek to regularize their stay here. However, that does not mean that any application for further leave to remain submitted during that 28 day period is regarded as in-time and that any refusal of that application therefore affords the applicant an in-country right of appeal.

Under section 3C of the 1971 Act your leave to remIN EXPIRED ON 30/03/15 WHEN YOUR APPEAL RIGHTS became exhausted and article 8 application of 13/4/1 was therefore correctly treated as out of time, the refusal of which did not afford you a right of appeal from within the UK."

This is really frustrating. I have read and read about the rules regarding the 28 days grace period and 3C leave and also have discussed it with various solicitors and never heard of a certain criteria only where you are allowed to apply for a fresh application!!
I always thought if applied in time all the time you are given that 28 days for fresh application.Please correct me if i am wrong.

Gurus please help!!!
Hello again
I was hoping you would have had some good news to share with us.
The gurus here are very knowledgeable so they maybe able to advise you better than I could. You will have to take it to JR :( so sorry about that, because JR proceeding can be very costly).

Keep the faith and hope for the best.

All the best.