ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trying to live in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

squids
Newly Registered

Trying to live in the UK

Post by squids » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:41 am

I'm searching for ways to get to live in the uk and start my life there but finding a way to get a visa is becoming quite challenging. Could i find a sponsor in the uk and go for a tier 5 visa? I have no skills to go for the other visas and i cant transfer my job to one there and cant afford to go for a student visa. is a sponsorship through a tier 5 visa my only hope? any information would be greatly appreciated

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Trying to live in the UK

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:57 am

squids wrote:I'm searching for ways to get to live in the uk and start my life there but finding a way to get a visa is becoming quite challenging. Could i find a sponsor in the uk and go for a tier 5 visa? I have no skills to go for the other visas and i cant transfer my job to one there and cant afford to go for a student visa. is a sponsorship through a tier 5 visa my only hope? any information would be greatly appreciated
You don't need a sponsor for Tier 5 but are you from a participating country?

Any possibility of an EU citizenship, i.e. Italian parent, something like that?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

squids
Newly Registered

Post by squids » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:39 pm

No im live in and was born in the usa :/. i cant afford to go on a student visa or i would just do that. Can i get a sponsor from the uk to hire me and get a 2 year visa that way?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:46 pm

squids wrote:No im live in and was born in the usa :/. i cant afford to go on a student visa or i would just do that. Can i get a sponsor from the uk to hire me and get a 2 year visa that way?
As I said you don't need a sponsor for Tier 5, but as you're from the USA the Tier 5 visa is not open to you so that door is firmly closed I'm afraid.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:28 pm

you can get sponsorship for Tier 5, just not the Youth Mobility part of the category.

see the relevant categories on the UKVI website https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:57 pm

For what purpose do you want to come to the UK? I understand you want to start a life here but what is your reasoning?

Do you have a job at the minute where the skills can be transferable? Do you have an existing family?