ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE ON TRAVELING TO NORWAY

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cometoireland
Kenya

ADVICE ON TRAVELING TO NORWAY

Post by Cometoireland » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:38 am

I trust that you are well. This forum has been a great help and I am happy to report that I am now settled and working in Ireland after my arrival in October 2014. My husband and I are planning to travel to Norway for a brief visit on Friday, 27th Feb 2015 to Sunday, 1st March 2015. My husband is an Irish national and I am a Kenyan national and we both reside and work in Ireland. From our understanding, we do not require a schengen (sp) visa to allow me to travel to Norway since we will be traveling together.

Kindly advise on what additional information, if any do we need to facilitate the travel. (I do not want any problems with immigration.) We are in possession of the following documents:

1. Husband's valid Irish Passport
2. My valid Kenyan passport with valid re-entry visa into Ireland
3. My valid Residence Card (GNIB Card)
4. Our certified Marriage Certificate.

Kind Regards

Beachboy

Re: ADVICE ON TRAVELING TO NORWAY

Post by Beachboy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi,

You will need a valid schengen visa in order to travel, since you're married to an Irish national and living in Ireland , therefore your spouse in not using His EU rights ( need to live in a different EU country from his nationality)

Check this for more details: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr ... dex_en.htm

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Also, keeping in mind that Norway is not an EU member state, I am not sure they have do facilitate entry of family members of EU citizens as per directive 2004/38/EC (ie grant a visa easily and free of charge for the spouse of an EU citizen). I would double check with their embassy.

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Thanks Beachboy and Jeupsy. I have written an email to the Norwegian Embassy in Ireland who have referred me to the Danish Embassy.

I will post their reply here once I receive it.

Regards,

Cynthia

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Let me know the outcome also please.
All the best

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi All,

So I wrote to the Norwegian embassy in Dublin and they referred me to the Danish embassy who handle all visa applications for Denmark, Sweden, Iceland and Norway.

Here is our correspondence below:

Good Morning,

ME: I trust that you are well. My husband and I are planning to travel to Norway for a brief visit on Friday, 27th Feb 2015 to Sunday, 1st March 2015. My husband is an Irish national and I am a Kenyan national and we both reside and work in Ireland. From our understanding, we do not require a schengen visa to allow me to travel to Norway since we will be traveling together.

Kindly advise on what additional information, if any do we need to facilitate the travel. We are in possession of the following documents:

1. Husband's valid Irish Passport
2. My valid Kenyan passport with valid re-entry visa into Ireland
3. My valid Residence Card (GNIB Card)
4. Our certified Marriage Certificate.

Kind Regards,

NOR. EMB: Dear Mrs X,

The Norwegian Embassy has not issued any vises since 2008. A global visa co-operation exists between the Nordic countries. Here in Dublin this means that it is the Danish Embassy who issues visas on behalf of us, Sweden and Iceland, in addtion to their own visas. So we suggest that you contact the Danish Embassy to get visa information for Norway.

Contact information for the Danish Embassy Visa Section:

Web: http://irland.um.dk/en/travel-and-residence/visa/

E-mail: dubambvisa@um.dk

Best regards,

FROM DANISH EMB: Kenyan nationals require a visa to visit the Schengen states. If your hold a GNIB Card with stamp 4 then you require a visa even if you are traveling with your spouse.

Information on visa requirements and documentation is available on the Embassy’s website: www.irland.um.dk. If you are traveling with your spouse you should being to your visa application appointment the printed VSS application letter, your passport, your GNIB Card, 2 photographs, your spouse’s passport, your original marriage certificate and proof that you are traveling together. If you are traveling together there is no cost for the visa.

The Embassy guarantees a decision on visa applications within 15 days although normally the process is shorter.

Regards,

Post by 110 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 pm

Thanks for sharing

cheers

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Thanks for reporting back.

So they do follow some of the free movement rules (visa free of charge and with no further documentation than marriage cert, passports, and proof of travelling together).

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:07 pm

jeupsy wrote:Thanks for reporting back.

So they do follow some of the free movement rules (visa free of charge and with no further documentation than marriage cert, passports, and proof of travelling together).
True...luckily the process is not nearly as tedious as my spouse visa application was and I suspect I may be lucky enough to get the visa approved in time for my trip. I was concerned about me traveling without a visa but my husband thought it would be OK as he is EU Citizen. I think from now on I would prefer the hassle free option of having the visa before hand.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sure your case is straight forward and you will be granted visa without any difficulty.

Any idea, if someone has Stamp4EUFAM and holds a residence permit of Schengen country as well. Do they need visa to visit Norway? :?: