ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Older lives cases unit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Deewani
Canada

Re: Older lives cases unit

Post by Deewani » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Tamarazm:

Can you please tell if you have received any reply after submitting the photos?
Thanks

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi everyone
i havent recived any reply from olcu.i sent photos a month ago.still waiting.any one else know how long does it take.what will hapen after this.
How long did u guys sent photos and which olcu department is handling ur case.
Happy new year

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:30 am

Hi everyone.still no reply.anybody else got any respond after sending photos.any family friends who got response?
My solicitor says to wait,its been 2 months i have sent photos.
Sorry deewani i cannot read msg from inbox it says i m not authorised.
Plz update any response so we all know what boat we r in.
Thanks

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi everyone
I recived a letter today from HO asking to attend an interview at pakistan high commission london,consular section.in april with my family.
Any body knows what is this about.we went to liverpool in december for interview and it was the renewal of pasport.some biodata forms.because the passport,which they have is going to expire.
Still no answer from olcu after sending photos.i guess thats something pending with HO.

albguy
Newly Registered

Post by albguy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:20 pm

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS A FEW DAYS AGO VIA RECORDED DELIVERY. I TOO GOT THAT LETTER BACK IN NOVEMBER AND DID SEND THOSE PICS WITH A FAMILY CERTIFICATE AND PERSONAL CERTIFICATE WHICH I GOT BACK ON WEDNESDAY TOGETHER WITH A RECEIPT SAYING ( I AM RETURNING YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED- KIND REGARDS). THAT'S ALL. I HOPE IT'S A GOOD THING

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi albguy
What documents did u recived u.e passport .and what is family certificate that u sent?was ur letter also from OLCU 13 active review liverpool.any biometrics letter?which department the letter came from qith return documents?i hope its good and u get ur status soon.
Kind regards

albguy
Newly Registered

Post by albguy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:00 am

It came with a letter saying- Uk Visas and Immigration- OLCU 6- Manchester
some documents that i sent to them back in November ( birth certificate to verify my identity) together with the pics.
The letter says - I AM RETURNING YOUR RECENTLY SUBMITTED ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. PLEASE FIND ENCLOSED- KIND REGARDS
That is all. I am really hoping for the best. Been here since 1998

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:13 pm

aiza78601 wrote:i know too many people under legacy who got questionnaire and photo requested,but no one of them was called to liverpool.i suspect u have nothing pending with them
Hi Aiza,
I would also like to ask you if Legacy case still existed as at last year 2014?. The reason being that:

I was sent a letter by the ukba capita on 14th october 2014 (case management team) that they are in the process of reviewing my case and will be grateful if i could complete the attached form to provide them with an update to my current circumstances as the information will assist in assessing my case. i was given 14days to complete and return d form. Which i did and sent to dem... They also replied to my email i sent and said: Dear Mr Onibiyo, Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications.

I called the home office last 2 weeks ago to know what is going on with my case, the UKBA rep that attended to my call asked me how many years i have been in the UK for. This i found very unusual and skeptical because usually they do not ask such question. I have been in the UK for 7years 4 and a half months.
My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case from the above? also from the above last 3 paragraphs does it mean my case is been regarded as that of an historical case???

NOTE: I came in as a student in 14th october 2007 to study law(1year foundation and 3 years LLB law undergraduate) at london metropolitan University and in 2011 my extension under tier 4 was refused due to failing to meet the maintenance requirement(cos i submitted a scanned copy of my sponsor bank statement and it was one month old) which they are still using against me and i just got only one semester more to complete my degree.

My attendance in class is satisfactory

I appealed and the refusal was upheld by judge on the same issue not taking into account new evidence.

I Seek legal advice and was wrongly advised and put in discretionary leave application. dat was also refused in july 2013.

i was detained for some couple of hours same year and was released. started to report without failure till present.

i was also detained in june 2014 despite i had JR pending decision which was refused. applied for oral hearing that too was refused but was given right to appeal.

i have spent a total of 7years and 4months in the UK (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record but with disability.

no partner but child(born in dec 30 2014..just underwent a DNA test 3weeks ago as requested by social services to know if i'm the father of my baby in care as the mum put her in care without my consent) but i have cousins and uncles in the UK who are all well established British citizens who had written to the UKBA on my behalf as well despite my new solicitor representation

Finally i will appreciate if my question( My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case?) is been answered taking into account my immigration history i stated.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Larry

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:33 pm

Albguy these documents like birth citificates are normaly returned after processing.when my children were born i sent their birthcirtifactes which they returned with the same letter as urs.important is if they send u all sporting documents u sent with aplication.i.e passport.letters.other docs.

albguy
Newly Registered

Post by albguy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Walker67 wrote:Albguy these documents like birth citificates are normaly returned after processing.when my children were born i sent their birthcirtifactes which they returned with the same letter as urs.important is if they send u all sporting documents u sent with aplication.i.e passport.letters.other docs.
yes they did. Whatever i sent in November together with the pics i got them back. Do u think this is a good thing or is it how they deal in general, granted or not?

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:07 am

Can someone please kindly answer my question from my last post.it will be of great help to me..

I woulth like to ask you if Legacy case still existed as at last year 2014?. The reason being that:

I was sent a letter by the ukba capita on 14th october 2014 (case management team) that they are in the process of reviewing my case and will be grateful if i could complete the attached form to provide them with an update to my current circumstances as the information will assist in assessing my case. i was given 14days to complete and return d form. Which i did and sent to them... They also replied to my email i sent and said: Dear Mr Onibiyo, Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications.

I called the home office last 2 weeks ago to know what is going on with my case, the UKBA rep that attended to my call asked me how many years i have been in the UK for. This i found very unusual and skeptical because usually they do not ask such question. I have been in the UK for 7years 4 and a half months.
My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case from the above? also from the above last 3 paragraphs does it mean my case is been regarded as that of an historical case???

NOTE: I came in as a student in 14th october 2007 to study law(1year foundation and 3 years LLB law undergraduate) at london metropolitan University and in 2011 my extension under tier 4 was refused due to failing to meet the maintenance requirement(cos i submitted a scanned copy of my sponsor bank statement and it was one month old) which they are still using against me and i just got only one semester more to complete my degree.

My attendance in class is satisfactory

I appealed and the refusal was upheld by judge on the same issue not taking into account new evidence.

I Seek legal advice and was wrongly advised and put in discretionary leave application. dat was also refused in july 2013.

i was detained for some couple of hours same year and was released. started to report without failure till present.

i was also detained in june 2014 despite i had JR pending decision which was refused. applied for oral hearing that too was refused but was given right to appeal.

i have spent a total of 7years and 4months in the UK (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record but with disability.

no partner but child(born in dec 30 2014..just underwent a DNA test 3weeks ago as requested by social services to know if i'm the father of my baby in care as the mum put her in care without my consent) but i have cousins and uncles in the UK who are all well established British citizens who had written to the UKBA on my behalf as well despite my new solicitor representation

Finally i will appreciate if my question( My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case?) is been answered taking into account my immigration history i stated.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Larry

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:13 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ave-the-uk

Here is a link for further information on Capita.you will find out why they sent u the form.

I have the same situation as urs.i also have spent about the same time as urs 8years.
I think the olcu is also considering some NAM cases.my case started 2011.
I have family 2 children 3.5 and 1 years old both
born here in uk.
We got were only asked for photos.no questionare.
The home office contact number gives only that information update which they have only sent you.but the case files are still being processed by some department.when they need some action from us they update on their system.

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:30 pm

We too got the letter just to submit photos and were told they will review our case from OLCU 13 liverpool...my child born here n wil b 8 after 3 months... its been more thn 6 months...we havent received no reply after sending the photos....still waiting for dat day wen we hear some positive reply.

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:12 pm

@Deewani and Walker67,
Thanks for your reply, However i do not know if this is been considered under legacy case as the letter and questionnaire form did not say so..Nothing was also stated about the OLCU liverpool cosndering the questionnaire and no photo was requested from me. So here is the problem...i

Trying to find the solution to this mystery puzzle UKBA is playin...Anyways what are you guys intake on it?..do u think its under legacy or not and if so which teams are gonna be dealing with it. Also do you think they will later on request for my passport photograph?..

I need you guys or anyone who has gone through it before with results to throw more light into this. It will be very much appreciated..

Thanks in advance.
Larry

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:51 pm

My case is not from legacy but is being dealt by the same department who deals with legacy.
Home office never shows any indication what they are going ro do even if answer is positive still you cannot guess what is goin to happen next.
Olcu is dealing with live old cases.dont know which years cases are concluded in this department.
If there is any homeoffice department name on leter that can help a bit other wise Capita is gathering information from illeagl people to arrage something for them.its either grant status or deportation.depends on the answers of questionare and how they consider those answers.

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:30 pm

Walker67 wrote:My case is not from legacy but is being dealt by the same department who deals with legacy.
Home office never shows any indication what they are going ro do even if answer is positive still you cannot guess what is goin to happen next.
Olcu is dealing with live old cases.dont know which years cases are concluded in this department.
If there is any homeoffice department name on leter that can help a bit other wise Capita is gathering information from illeagl people to arrage something for them.its either grant status or deportation.depends on the answers of questionare and how they consider those answers.
@walker67, technically I'm nt illegal since I came in with a student visa..renewal was refused den appeal nd jr too turned down....Thanks for the reply. just to let you know, from my earlier (December 2014)conversation with capita, this wa their response to my email 'Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications'.

So from the above what can you deduce from their response?... Also early in February wen I rang the home office up. They said if i ave additional new doc to submit I can send it to 'UKVI, RCC WORK-slow, po box 3468 Sheffield...u ave any idea of what the RCC stands for?. Furthermore I was told that there's no any timescale for d case to b decided,in other words ones life will be left in limbo indefintely(you neither here or there)... I just had a baby girl in December undortunately her mum put her into social services care without my consent so I had to go for DNA test as requested by the social services in Luton(which I've done but awaiting d result) to prove its mine..but if its mine, how can it help my case? taking into factor that she's in the hands of social services.

Anyreply with good advice from person who had gone thru such will be greatly appreciated..

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:00 pm

RCC removalS core casework .

Basically this deals with applicant where there are some barriers in removals...they try to get updated info abt d applicant...and once dere is no more legal barriers eg no application pending...dey den remove the person from Uk... I am not 100% sure...bt it looks like they want to remove you,... And if you are on ur own...it will be best to engage a good solicitor since ur in last stages f ur case....(UKVI OLCU Manchester too deals with removals only i guess)..

OLCU not only deals with legacy cases..but also live asylum cohort cases and non asylum cases...derefore if OLCU is dealing wd ur cases, doesnot mean ur being considered under legacy.

If ur childs mom is british ir EU national...den surely dis strengthens ur case...however judges are being very strict in these type of cases too.... Refusing majority of the cases.

.good luck

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Deewani wrote:RCC removalS core casework .

Basically this deals with applicant where there are some barriers in removals...they try to get updated info abt d applicant...and once dere is no more legal barriers eg no application pending...dey den remove the person from Uk... I am not 100% sure...bt it looks like they want to remove you,... And if you are on ur own...it will be best to engage a good solicitor since ur in last stages f ur case....(UKVI OLCU Manchester too deals with removals only i guess)..

OLCU not only deals with legacy cases..but also live asylum cohort cases and non asylum cases...derefore if OLCU is dealing wd ur cases, doesnot mean ur being considered under legacy.

If ur childs mom is british ir EU national...den surely dis strengthens ur case...however judges are being very strict in these type of cases too.... Refusing majority of the cases.

.good luck
Thanks for your reply..yes I do have a solicitor and yes my baby mum is a british...btwn I came here on student visa...I have one semester more to graduate from my LLB course and all fees paid, good attendance in uni as confirmed from uni letter and also got severe medical problem also my mp is involved in my case which letters was sent to home office nd given to me to support my application questionnaire and I got many relatives here including my religious affiliation issued letters for me(Salvation Army)..

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:26 pm

I think its better for u to make a new application based on ur Child which i presume is british too... As ur previous application were refused and JR refused aswell...however..if u are given appeal rights...surely u can mention abt ur child being british and get a contact order etc...or u can just wait and see what they reply to ur MP.....7 years or so...having british friends does not give one the right to live here...as dey can just say ur immediate family members areback home etc....once again...i think ur child is the only strong point that will count in ur favour

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Deewani wrote:I think its better for u to make a new application based on ur Child which i presume is british too... As ur previous application were refused and JR refused aswell...however..if u are given appeal rights...surely u can mention abt ur child being british and get a contact order etc...or u can just wait and see what they reply to ur MP.....7 years or so...having british friends does not give one the right to live here...as dey can just say ur immediate family members areback home etc....once again...i think ur child is the only strong point that will count in ur favour
@Deewani thanks for the advice..really appreciate it..?.i think I got a parcel I missed which I think is from the home office which it has to be signed for..but il update u to pro if it is nd their response...hopefully is good news

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:52 am

Also my family members are not back home..They'r majorly based in the United States but they do travel btw The US and our country of birth...

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Walker67 wrote:My case is not from legacy but is being dealt by the same department who deals with legacy.
Hi walker67,
Sorry for late reply. From the department stated on the letter it just says: 'Case Management Team, capita Business services, P.O Box 3468 Sheffield S3 8WA'. However i sent them an email and the reply was:

''Thank you for your email dated 3 December 2014.Your case is currently being reviewed by Capita and the current circumstances form is sent out to every person that we deal with: This allows us to obtain the most up-to-date information about you. Your case is then passed on to the Home Office who will make a decision on your immigration status, although I cannot give you a timescale for this. You can contact the Home Office on 03001232241 and they will be able to assist you with your enquiry''.

Walker67

Post by Walker67 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi every one.
a situation has arose and dont know what to do.mysolicitor recived a letter last week from olcu that they have refused my submissions.i also recived a letter 2 months ago from department 3 .liverpool that i have to go to high comission to attend an interview.i asked this depatrment to give me tickets to travel to london for interview.i sent this request by fax.next day i phoned them to ask what happend if they recived fax.they said they did recived fax but they cannot issue tickets for this travel i have to spend my own money.(which costs me about 800 pounds return tickets for my family. By train)i said i am fully nass suported and dont have a penny for this journey.
They say this interview is to prepare ur travel documents as u have nothing outstanding left with homeoffice.
I called my solicitor and explained.he wrote a letter and faxed them.later evening he called me and said they wil issue me tickets.now what i do.solixitor says go but dont sign any travel documents.
Advice please

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:14 pm

I know a family...who was reporting after every 2 weeks...she too was asked to go to PHC for travel documents...she didnt go....and then she was asked to report for 1 month every day. I would advice you to appeal against that decision if dey have given you right of appeal or consult your solicitor for other legal options etc....but from my experience.... No matter what we say or try....the PHC staff are bound to comply with dese things....u can request them etc and this only adds a little bit of time...i wish you good luck and pray that dese elections bring some positive news for all of us......once again... Take advice from ur solicitor

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Walker67 wrote:Hi every one.
a situation has arose and dont know what to do.mysolicitor recived a letter last week from olcu that they have refused my submissions.i also recived a letter 2 months ago from department 3 .liverpool that i have to go to high comission to attend an interview.i asked this depatrment to give me tickets to travel to london for interview.i sent this request by fax.next day i phoned them to ask what happend if they recived fax.they said they did recived fax but they cannot issue tickets for this travel i have to spend my own money.(which costs me about 800 pounds return tickets for my family. By train)i said i am fully nass suported and dont have a penny for this journey.
They say this interview is to prepare ur travel documents as u have nothing outstanding left with homeoffice.
I called my solicitor and explained.he wrote a letter and faxed them.later evening he called me and said they wil issue me tickets.now what i do.solixitor says go but dont sign any travel documents.
Advice please

@walker67
On what grounds did they refuse ur application?..if you think the refusal is not on merit I think u should appeal of they give u rights to appeal...but if not I advice you to do as deewani advised but never sign any documents until your solicitor has gone thru such documents..also follow what ur solicitor advices you To do afterwards...you can also go to see your MP in ur borough to for help..esp if he's a labour MP...