ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE: Tier 2 General Visa Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Peter111
Newly Registered

RE: Tier 2 General Visa Query

Post by Peter111 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:00 am

Dear Forum Moderators,

I entered the UK in Feb 2012 under a Tier 2 General visa. I had to leave my employment in July 2013 as I had return to my home country(non EU) due to personal reasons. When I disclosed my intention to my then employer , HR advised that I was responsible for paying back some of the allowances that they granted to me when I moved to the UK in 2012. I was not convinced but as it was complex issue, I sought legal advice and the final outcome was that I was not responsible for any payback. This proved a bit embarrassing for the HR managers and my line manager, so I left under “tense” circumstances. I am now planning to return to the UK with my new/current employer and probably under a Tier 2 general visa. It’s probably just feelings of insecurity but I am concerned re what may have been advised by the previous employer ( HR manager) to the UKBA re my reason for leaving employment. The letter that I received from the UKBA simply states that “ your employer has advised us that you are no longer employed effective date xxx….”. But my question is – Is there any room for abuse in what employers disclose to the UKBA. The reason being is that this will not be seen by anyone other than the UKBA & the HR team that advises them. Also depending on what they may have advised the UKBA, does the UKBA look at any of this when they make their decision or the straightforward case that you actually possess the engineering skills that are in demand within the UK and approve the application based on merit,etc?

Thank you
Peter