ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aggregate Jobs and Employing British Full Time Student

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Aggregate Jobs and Employing British Full Time Student

Post by saeedusman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi,

Will appreciate your comments on the following queries please.

Before, our scenario is that we were granted Ent. Visa 200K route (team) in May 2013 hence extension in May 2016 so we fall under old rules especially creation of jobs. I am aware that according to new guideline, need to have two FULL time COMPLETE jobs, although in the old policy it was that we can combine more than TWO jobs (One worker 20 hours and Second worker 10 hours, so altogethor ONE job created) to make the required HOURS for ONE full time job.

Since we have recently started the business (2015) after new policy has been launched, so just want to know if:

1) We can still benifit from the old policy? I mean now we are almost entering in the last year, so can we hire 4 settled persons and everyone working 15 hours/week so altogethor 15x4=60 hours/week which is equal to 2 FULL time jobs?

2) Also, can we employ British National Full time university student to work FULL time (30 hours), just want to know if there is any restriction for a full time student to work full time?

3) Is there any possibility to hire apprentice or youngers of age 18-21? Because the minimum pay is low in this age range. Will it be still counted as one employment if we hire an 18 years old or younger british national?

Appreciate your replies and comments. Thanks

siavashes
Iran

Re: Aggregate Jobs and Employing British Full Time Student

Post by siavashes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:45 am

saeedusman wrote:Hi,

Before, our scenario is that we were granted Ent. Visa 200K route (team) in May 2013 hence extension in May 2016 so we fall under old rules especially creation of jobs. I am aware that according to new guideline, need to have two FULL time COMPLETE jobs, although in the old policy it was that we can combine more than TWO jobs (One worker 20 hours and Second worker 10 hours, so altogethor ONE job created) to make the required HOURS for ONE full time job.

Since we have recently started the business (2015) after new policy has been launched, so just want to know if:

1) We can still benifit from the old policy? I mean now we are almost entering in the last year, so can we hire 4 settled persons and everyone working 15 hours/week so altogethor 15x4=60 hours/week which is equal to 2 FULL time jobs?

2) Also, can we employ British National Full time university student to work FULL time (30 hours), just want to know if there is any restriction for a full time student to work full time?

3) Is there any possibility to hire apprentice or youngers of age 18-21? Because the minimum pay is low in this age range. Will it be still counted as one employment if we hire an 18 years old or younger british national?

hi

as PBS applicant, You actually attached to the policy when your visa issued, regardless of when u start trading .(this is confirmed answer from home office)
1) 100./. yes
2) of course yes , ( if they hv student loan , they can not work more than certain hours , however they will be in trouble not u)
3)yes u can hire them and u can claim their hours .

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Re: Aggregate Jobs and Employing British Full Time Student

Post by saeedusman » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:13 pm

siavashes wrote:
saeedusman wrote:Hi,

hi

as PBS applicant, You actually attached to the policy when your visa issued, regardless of when u start trading .(this is confirmed answer from home office)
1) 100./. yes
2) of course yes , ( if they hv student loan , they can not work more than certain hours , however they will be in trouble not u)
3)yes u can hire them and u can claim their hours .
Thanks for your time and comments.

I believe you must had read it somewhere or confirmed from some expert, will I need to keep any evidence of these things as a proof or any reference from policy? Especially for Aggregation of jobs hours and employing 18-21 years. Will be very helpful if there is any refence in the policy or somewhere else.

Will appreciate more comments from the other members especially those who have got extensions or ILR via Entr. Visa.

Regards