ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-Eu sibling to unite with Rep Ireland sibling

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goodman_cj
Newly Registered

Non-Eu sibling to unite with Rep Ireland sibling

Post by goodman_cj » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Dear SIr/Madam,

I am currently residing in UK with Tier2 PBS visa, currently my 1st year on it.
Been Post study work visa prior to that.
I have a sister who went through naturalisation and is citizen of Republic of Ireland.
I was living in the same house hold and living with my sister outside EU around 10 years ago.
I have been reading and still not very clear about the EU rules about uniting with family
with extended family in Republic of Ireland.
I know there is a rule about EU treaty rights for their non-EU family members.
I notice there are residence card for extended family, and Family Reunification.
My questions are:

-Do I qualify for any of those?
-Is this process for settlement or citizenship or other visa type?
-if yes on any of the rules, what process should I do to proceed?

I appreciate any comment or advice that can assist in my case.
Thanks in advance.
-CJ

jeupsy

Re: Non-Eu sibling to unite with Rep Ireland sibling

Post by jeupsy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 pm

If your sister is Irish and living in Ireland, she is most likely not exercising EU treaty rights (except a few exceptional an EU citizen exercising treaty rights is an EU citizen who is living outside of their country of origin).

If you sister was to move to the UK, she would them be exercising EU Treaty Rights in the UK.

Having said that, even if it was the case, in order to qualify as an extended family member you would have to qualify that you are dependant on here. Based on the information you gave it probably wouldn't work.

Sorry, but I don't think she can sponsor you to move to Ireland based in EU rules.

You might also want to look into irish national laws, but at first sight I also think it will be tricky.