ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upcoming Tribunal Hearing - Kindly Advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itiz

Upcoming Tribunal Hearing - Kindly Advise

Post by itiz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello guys
I have a first tier tribunal hearing coming up in 2nd week in april.

I just want to ask for advise on what to take/expect at the hearing. ( I have a barrister, but dont want to solely rely on him )

My arguments are thus

1. The HO are responsible for my present predicament ( why I appear on the wrong side of the law )
2. The HO interference with my marriage is what led to the irreversible breakdown of my marriage and denial of initial access to my daughter

OVERVIEW

- I have been coming into the UK since I was 2, through to my teens and early 20s
- I have a daughter who was born in the UK and will be 7 in November, of whom I have a court order and in regular contact
- I have an MSc in computer science and financial management in the UK and over 15 years experience as a skilled Microsoft programmer
- My estranged wife has lived in the UK for 10 years this august and as both her MSc and PHD in the UK ( I do not know her status, as there is not trust as a result of the HO interference in 2010 )

Background

1. I came into the UK in 2007 to join my estrange wife, who had completed her MSc ( divorced in 2012 )
2. In 2008 we both applied for a work permit, which was held by the HO until 2010, without any written notices
*** As a result of no 2 above, we were unable to work for 2 years ****
3. 2010 a company shortlisted me for a job of £30k and chased the HO ( this was one of many shortlists of which the HO constantly ignored )
4. A HO case worker called my estranged wife ( who was a new sit at home mum ) and advised her in our best interest,

- either we produce a bank statement showing £533
- She withdraws my application, and he puts hers through

He assured her the latter would not be a problem, as when I get back home from job hunting, I could call him and he would put mine through later.

5. This was the beginning of my woes, as we never heard from him again, and my passport was returned without any notices
6. I re-applied for FLR(O), which was rejected

- I was told, I had been illegal in the country since 2008, and my 2008 - 2010 application was overlooked.
- I was asked to leave the country within 28 days

7. I escalated it to the ombudsman, who asked me to complete a complaints process with the HO.
8. The HO, changed their story many times, from calling me illegal, to blaming my estranged wife and not blaming me for the withdrawal of my 2008 application in 2010
9. Finally the HO changed their stance and gave me a right of appeal. Hence why I am in courts

I have submitted email and documented evidence to the ombusman to prove the HO were responsible for the unauthorized withdrawal of my application of which the HO ignored and 3 times refused to reply.

The HO argument was that, I should have left the country in 2008, when my last leave expired, when they ignored the joint application I had with my estranged wife and they returned my passport in 2010 ( 2 years later )

Kindly advise

many thanks
itiz