ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 - 6 weeks & waiting for ack

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roddy1984

Re: EU1 - 6 weeks & waiting for ack

Post by roddy1984 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:58 am

Hi everyone.... Finally after exact five weeks ofsubmitting my EU3 application, got acknowledged & my original documents back today....
EU 3 Application submitted : 06/01/2015
Acknowledged & original documents back: 10/2/15

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 am

My advice to all is that you should expect it to take approximately 6 weeks for the acknowledgement letter and original documents to be returned. You will most likely receive temporary permission also. If there are public holidays in betwee, it could take 7 weeks but it could be quicker, just be prepared to wait. If you are travelling and require passports retunred, i suggest a cover letter with the application and then emailing them until you get a reply.
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

canha
Newly Registered

Post by canha » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 am

brunocavalcanti wrote: Anyway, I applied on 27/11/2014 and got the letter on 22/01/2015. Be prepared to wait!
I applied for EU1 on 23/12/14. E-mailed them a few weeks ago, said they received it on the 29th of December and that it would take 7 to 8 weeks for an answer. Today marks the 8th week.

I'm getting real nervous bc my wife has to go back home urgently (as soon as we get the passports back) as her mother is ill.

Does anyone know if I can request the passport be sent back, even if it hasn't been processed yet due to unforeseen consequences? I don't want to rush them (as the fate of her being able to live with me lie in their hands), but I also really *really* need the passports back.

Edit: Can't believe that some people applied in JANUARY and already got a response. Just my luck :(

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 am

canha wrote:
brunocavalcanti wrote: Anyway, I applied on 27/11/2014 and got the letter on 22/01/2015. Be prepared to wait!
I applied for EU1 on 23/12/14. E-mailed them a few weeks ago, said they received it on the 29th of December and that it would take 7 to 8 weeks for an answer. Today marks the 8th week.

I'm getting real nervous bc my wife has to go back home urgently (as soon as we get the passports back) as her mother is ill.

Does anyone know if I can request the passport be sent back, even if it hasn't been processed yet due to unforeseen consequences? I don't want to rush them (as the fate of her being able to live with me lie in their hands), but I also really *really* need the passports back.

Edit: Can't believe that some people applied in JANUARY and already got a response. Just my luck :(
You should have received a reply by now. You should email them and you will most likely get a repsonse within 24 hours. You can of course get your passports back, they are your property and it will not effect the outcome of the application. If the application is not yet processed, it may mean that you will not get a temporary permission for the duration of the application. Either way, an email stating your situation should be sent to eutreatyrights@justice.ie

canha
Newly Registered

Post by canha » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Finally got my passport back today (25/02) after 9 weeks waiting. Was requested to send more documents.

They (INIS) said my wife can get a temporary permission to reside in the State while we wait for a definite answer if I just head down to the GNIB with our passports and marriage certificate. But I have a question someone might be able to answer: how long does it take to get the temporary permission to reside? Do they give her the permission to reside on the same day, or will they need her passport for a few days?

Also, by what I've seen, she won't need a multi-entry visa as she is Brazilian. Is this right?

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:33 pm

canha wrote:Finally got my passport back today (25/02) after 9 weeks waiting. Was requested to send more documents.

They (INIS) said my wife can get a temporary permission to reside in the State while we wait for a definite answer if I just head down to the GNIB with our passports and marriage certificate. But I have a question someone might be able to answer: how long does it take to get the temporary permission to reside? Do they give her the permission to reside on the same day, or will they need her passport for a few days?

Also, by what I've seen, she won't need a multi-entry visa as she is Brazilian. Is this right?
Hi Canha, glad to hear that you got your documents back!

She will get the permission when you go to the immigration with her. She gets it straight away. They won't need your documents anymore, only if they request it. Otherwise no. Also, she doesn't need a re-entry visa. I am Brazilian as well, and we do not need any visa to travel within Europe. :wink:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:52 pm

I am watching you and will delete you if you continue this practices.

This forum is not for that purpose .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Obie wrote:
Leinsterimmig wrote:I will give good advice when I can
I am watching you and will delete you if you continue this practices.

This forum is not for that purpose .
I meant that I will give good advice on the forum when I can which I have been doing. Your comment is not in relation to this thread, you should have pm'd me

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:48 pm

I had to edit your post as you are advertising .

You are advised that advertising is not permitted on the forum.

I quoted your post to inform you that it is you I am referring to.

My main concern is the advertising. It is not allowed on the forum.

You have a right to withhold advise , but you do not have the right to advertise on the forum.

Hope you are clear now.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:55 pm

Any one want to share their experinece in GNIB office when they went for stamp 4 (6 months). what documents do they ask for ?

MeredithN
Newly Registered

Post by MeredithN » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Subu29 wrote:Any one want to share their experinece in GNIB office when they went for stamp 4 (6 months). what documents do they ask for ?
Hi Subu you won't get the stamp in GNIB office. They told me that all has to go through immigration office in Dublin. We had to apply Stamp 4EUFAM and still waiting for the acknowleagement letter to get the temporary stamp. The GNIB officer just took my husband's photo and told him to bring the letter from Immigraton office in Dublin, then she will give him the temporary GNIB card.

Documents we sent were:

My husband password original
My ID original
Original marriage certificate with certified english translation
2 passport size photos of both myself anf my husband
Landlords contract
Landlords letter
Confirmation from ESB for billing
Bank statement in both our names
Letters from PRTB( we waited for them the longest, then I rang them several times and they faxed them to me!)
My p60
2 recent payslips
my contract of employment
cover letter asking for sending the acknowleagement letter

Although Im an EU citizen living and working fulltime in Ireland for the last 10 years I sent them all they requested. I know they a shouldn't request all of it. But they requested ridiculous things when we applied for entry visas.

Still waiting for the letter from the immigration office. If not in the post box today I will send them email.

Good luck

canha
Newly Registered

Post by canha » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 am

After you get the letter offering the 6 months stamp, you have to head down to the GNIB with that letter, both passports (eea and non-eea nationals) and proof of marriage (marriage certificate).
You just have to go to counter 15 (the last counter - I could have mucked up the number), show the letter and get your ticket. Next, it's time to wait. And wait you will. Took us about 2 hours until our number was called, so make yourself comfortable.
When they call you, give in your passport, fill in a short form (which just contains your name and address an they only use it to type into the computer). They will take the non-eeas prints and a picture (if I'm not mistaken).
Once again, you'll have to wait another hour or two until they actually stamp your passport and give it back. Congrats, you got a 6 month extension and hopefully will get a final answer soon!

khanz

Post by khanz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:19 pm

canha wrote:After you get the letter offering the 6 months stamp, you have to head down to the GNIB with that letter, both passports (eea and non-eea nationals) and proof of marriage (marriage certificate).
You just have to go to counter 15 (the last counter - I could have mucked up the number), show the letter and get your ticket. Next, it's time to wait. And wait you will. Took us about 2 hours until our number was called, so make yourself comfortable.
When they call you, give in your passport, fill in a short form (which just contains your name and address an they only use it to type into the computer). They will take the non-eeas prints and a picture (if I'm not mistaken).
Once again, you'll have to wait another hour or two until they actually stamp your passport and give it back. Congrats, you got a 6 month extension and hopefully will get a final answer soon!
Can you please brief about the next stage after getting six months stamp? How long it takes to get the next stamp?

canha
Newly Registered

Post by canha » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:29 pm

khanz wrote:Can you please brief about the next stage after getting six months stamp? How long it takes to get the next stamp?
Wait six months, get stamp.

lol, but seriously, can't help you there. We just got the 6 month stamp two weeks ago and are still waiting for an answer which should be given by June this year. But I imagine it'd be the same thing: get letter, go to GNIB, wait a few hours, present passport + letter, wait a few hours, get passport back stamped, head off to the pub to celebrate. Assuming they give you the stamp, of course.

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to update you on our EU1 application timeline.

Application received at EUTR: Tuesday 10th March 2015
Temporary stamp letter + Originals received back: Monday 16th March 2015.

The letter is dated Wednesday 11th March so they processed it super quick. They have asked for evidence to be sent in within 15 days. However, what they are asking for was already sent to them along with the initial paperwork. So probably they may have a standard reply or something.

Thought to update the forum for people who are looking to apply soon. The good thing is that they have streamlined the process quite good with the initial response within a week or two. I guess the temporary stamp is subject to sending all docs on the checklist to start with and if they need anything further then they just ask.

I applied via an agent and the response was also sent out to him.

Hope the info is helpful.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi,
That was super fast, my husbands application was recieved on the 3rd of March, I emailed them today and was told I will have my original documents back by early next week.

Fingers crossed it comes with good news.

Congrats and share your experience when you go and get your stamp.

Cheers

MeredithN
Newly Registered

Post by MeredithN » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:49 pm

I don't really get the process then... We sent the entire application on the 24.2 this what we got after emailing on the 11.3

Your application was received in this office on 24/02/2015.

Applications are processed in chronological order. Due to the volume of
applications on hand, it may take 4-5 weeks from the date of receipt before
a response is issued from this office. Once your documents have been
processed, they will be returned to you and any outstanding documents will
be requested.

We still haven't recieved the response. So they will be waiting for exactly 5 weeks to send it I guess. I do believe that the entire system is designed to delay the decision.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:36 pm

roddy1984 wrote:Hi everyone.... Finally after exact five weeks ofsubmitting my EU3 application, got acknowledged & my original documents back today....
EU 3 Application submitted : 06/01/2015
Acknowledged & original documents back: 10/2/15
EU 3 Application Submitted : 06/01/2015
Acknowledged, original documents back & Further Documents Requested : 10/2/15
Further Documents Send : 22/2/15
Further Documents Acknowledgement : 24/4/15
Received PR Approval Letter 4EUFAM (10 Years) : 09/07/2015

hk79
Newly Registered

Post by hk79 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Please I need some current information from anyone that has recently applied for EU family right as a partners not married. I am here
in Ireland with my partner and five month old daughter, I currently do not have any legal statue here, but my partner and daughter are both British citizens. we both live together here and she does work here. has anyone recently applied under this circumstances as mine? and what are the current situation like?

topcerebro
Newly Registered

Post by topcerebro » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 pm

What the INIS is doing is a complete violation of the Directive 2004/38EC specially Articles 7 paragraph 1(b) juncto paragraph 2 of the Directive and Article 10.

Article 10 of the Directive is violated because the Directive requires the State to issue a Certificate stating that the Application is received. They are opening the application of like tree weeks before and are not complying to the Directive in that point.

Second, they violate the rights stated in the Directive like the one to work because it is not reasonable to let family members of a Union citizen (like me) stay without permission to work for such a long time. That is a violation of Article 7 paragraph 1(b) juncto paragraph 2 of the Directive if the conditions to stay and reside are met by the Applicant and the EU national.

I sent the next to the INIS and got as answer that they will deal with my application in course and that I'll get a replay to my address.

EU Treaty Rights Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

Urgency: HIGH (Per post and fax sent (to number 016167740))
Date: 24 July 2015

Relevant Law: Directive 2004/38/EC (Further referred to as "the Directive")

Subject: Request for urgently review of my application and documents for the temporally permission to stay and work in Ireland given that I need to start working on the 4th of August 2015, and we (me and my Spanish wife) believe that we fulfill all the Conditions1 provided in the Directive to do so.

Applicant: xxxxxxxxx
EU Citizen: xxxxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxxx

Bar-code Post Application's Envelop in your department: LI0128466431IE

Dear Minister of Justice, head of the INIS section (EU-Treaty Rights),

Hereby I would like to request you to submit my application to review (making sure that the application which is in your department with the given post bar-code gets on the desk of a EU-Treaty Rights officer), based on the following mentioned facts, circumstances and referred documents.

Facts, circumstances and grounds for request:

Entry in Ireland
--------------------
I, xxxx (Colombian citizen further referred to as "Applicant"), entered Ireland on Sunday 19th July, 2015 with his Spanish wife xxxx using the rights to enter and reside in Ireland provided in the Directive (Article 5 and 6 of the Directive).
Applicant showed his Spanish residence card as prescribed in Article 10 of the Directive and his wife showed her passport and her Spanish National ID to the immigration officers.

Residing in Ireland
-----------------------
Applicant's wife is residing in the country with him in the above mentioned address(Please add this original letter to my application if needed) using the reason prescribed by law in Article 7, paragraph 1(b) of the Directive called "sufficient resources". Applicant is residing joining her as prescribed in Article 7 paragraph 1(b) juncto paragraph 2 (See evidences in the mentioned Application: original passports (Spanish of Applicant's wife and the Colombian), bank statements of both spouses, comprehensive health insurance of both spouses, original international Spanish Marriage certificate and prove of residence address).

Application is in your department
------------------------------------------
On Monday 20 of July, Applicant and his wife sent the application with all the documents by registered post to the relevant department (EU-Treaty rights Unit). And is delivered to Liam (See Prove of Delivery enclosed).

The matter and grounds for request
--------------------------------------------
That given the fact that Applicant is a qualified Family member of an EU-Citizen residing in Ireland with his wife and they fulfill to all the conditions prescribed by law in the Directive, Applicant considers that given the fact that the Application is in your department since the 21 of July, 2015, Applicant should be entitled to stay and work on the 4th of August as his company would like him to start.

Given the above mentioned facts, circumstances and documents, Applicant considers that if he is not able to start working on the 4th of August, while fulfilling all the conditions prescribed by law as mentioned, because of not getting immediately the certificate of application for the residence card as prescribed in Article 10, paragraph 1 of the Directive, this act of the State of Ireland shall be regarded as an unnecessary intervention in the exercise of his right to work and reside in Ireland with a result of a break of the Directive.

Cork, 24 August 2015,
xxxxxxxxx
Last edited by noajthan on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal details

holamanola
Newly Registered

Post by holamanola » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:55 pm

Hey Luiz,
keep us posted on how is it going-
We submitted all the documents on the 24th of July as well. No answer so far.

TomasG
Newly Registered

Post by TomasG » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 am

Hello everyone,
So I sent my application in June and they received it the next day. This Friday the 14th will be my 7th week waiting :shock:
I sent them 3 emails and got back 2 automated responses, the most recent email:
Due to the volume of applications on hand, it may take 8 weeks from the
date of receipt before a response is issued from this office. Once your
documents have been processed, they will be returned to you and any
outstanding documents will be requested.

Best regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EU Treaty Rights Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service
13-14 Burgh Quay

Its ridicolous the amount of time it takes them to send a measly acknowledgement letter. I am expecting them to send me the documents sometime near the 8 week mark. So next week I will most likely receive my back, since I know they wait till the last moments to do some actual work. We also have to send them my wife's tax certificate and recent payslips. We decided to wait for their response before we send them those documents. Should we wait for their response or send them right away?
Last edited by noajthan on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Lukas888
Newly Registered

Post by Lukas888 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:37 pm

TomasG

after how long did you finally get it? The rest of you guys, for how long have you waited?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:59 pm

topcerebro wrote:What the INIS is doing is a complete violation of the Directive 2004/38EC specially Articles 7 paragraph 1(b) juncto paragraph 2 of the Directive and Article 10.

Article 10 of the Directive is violated because the Directive requires the State to issue a Certificate stating that the Application is received. They are opening the application of like tree weeks before and are not complying to the Directive in that point.

Second, they violate the rights stated in the Directive like the one to work because it is not reasonable to let family members of a Union citizen (like me) stay without permission to work for such a long time. That is a violation of Article 7 paragraph 1(b) juncto paragraph 2 of the Directive if the conditions to stay and reside are met by the Applicant and the EU national.

I sent the next to the INIS and got as answer that they will deal with my application in course and that I'll get a replay to my address.

Have you got any reply from them? We have been waiting for 7 weeks so Please share them with us.
Last edited by noajthan on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

lucamba
Newly Registered

Post by lucamba » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:09 am

Hi everybody on this thread. So basically my Wife and I submitted my form and documents to the EU treaty section on the 20th of October and we have not received my documents back or even an acknowledgement letter back. Is this still the norm as they take forever? And i was an asylum seeker before me and my partner got married. Could this be the reason for delay? Waiting is killing us as my partner would like to visit her native country in Africa for Xmas(she is british). Kindly someone should please help me out here. :|