ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Permit Card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

siliconegel

Biometric Residence Permit Card

Post by siliconegel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi. I do not have a biometric resident card and will be soon applying for extension of discretionary leave to remain on form FLR (O). At the moment, I only have a sticker in my passport for discretionary leave to remain. Do I have to apply for biometric residence permit and when do I have to apply? Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric Residence Permit Card

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Do I have to apply for biometric residence permit
No you don'. The current sticker in your passport is your visa. When you renew and if successful, you will most likely get a BRP rather than another sticker in your passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Do I have to apply for biometric residence permit
No you don'. The current sticker in your passport is your visa. When you renew and if successful, you will most likely get a BRP rather than another sticker in your passport.
Thanks Char. I am confused that form flr(o) says " as part of the application, you are required to enrol for biometric information. What does this mean?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:06 am

It is part of the application process and they will write to you to do your biometrics at a Post Office (fee involved of about £19 I think). The letter they send to you will have a barcode on which the PO will scan as it will contain your details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 pm

CR001 wrote:It is part of the application process and they will write to you to do your biometrics at a Post Office (fee involved of about £19 I think). The letter they send to you will have a barcode on which the PO will scan as it will contain your details.
Thanks Char. I assume they will write to me after submitting the FLR (O) form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Yes they will and then you take that letter to the Post Office to enrol your biometrics.

Good luck.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:08 am

CR001 wrote:Yes they will and then you take that letter to the Post Office to enrol your biometrics.

Good luck.
Once again. Many thanks Char,

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:57 pm

siliconegel wrote:
CR001 wrote:Yes they will and then you take that letter to the Post Office to enrol your biometrics.

Good luck.
Once again. Many thanks Char,
What is success rate of getting an extension for Discretionary Leave ? Thanks