ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (200k route) seeking advice.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ow33
Mood:

Tier 1 (200k route) seeking advice.

Post by ow33 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi,
last year i wanted to apply for the tier 1 visa.. but due to some reasons i had to delay the process. Im gonna do it in a months time for sure.

i have few questions i have not seen anyone ask or answered.. would really appreciate if anyone can shed some light to them.

Visa Route: 200K - currently have tier 4 student. I've learnt that you need to go back to apply for this visa.
1. when you get the visa, you are required to spend 50% of your visa time in UK? or not?
2. i have a partner with me on this.. does he need to spend that much time as well? what happens if one of them fail to achieve this criteria?
3. does your qualification background have an impact on the decision of the case worker in terms of background of qualification is different then the proposed business plan?
4. 200K is already in a UK bank account. Account in on one partner's name but the second partner have access to the account as well. Does this qualify? or is it have to be some separate shared account? or is there any document required with the application for declaration.
5. Does having money in the UK bank account give you any benefit? or is it the same as having money somewhere else?

i hope someone will answer these questions.
thanks.

toghraee
Iran

Re: Tier 1 (200k route) seeking advice.

Post by toghraee » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi ow

I recently applied for 200k from outside of UK, still have fresh information :

1- you need to spend most of the time in UK, there is some criteria that you cannot be out of UK for 90 days within 3 years (not 100% sure).

2- not sure
3- YES 100%. make sure you provide documents showing that your background and qualifications are aligned with the business you are going to start.

4- if you are applying as entrepreneur team, the team (you and partner) must have access to the 200k, either each have 100k in their account or have a joint account. remember you need to provide a letter from the bank stating that both of you (names) have access to the account.

ow33
Mood:

Post by ow33 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:15 pm

hey... did you get the visa? ^^

nazim
BANNED

Post by nazim » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Ow,

I am professional, Investment Adviser TIER 1 Entrepreneur/Investor.

Only one advice for free, do not be naive and try to start up a business which seems doable but in fact really difficult to get profit from, as every business need to be studied, assessed etc. You might throw your money out the window, and after a 3 years time you can not extend your stay.

Getting the visa is not the toughest task but once the visa stamped on your passport everything changes, you will have to run your business, please think twice and bear in mind that your target is to get your money back with profit and settle in UK.

Regards,
Your brother Nazim.

applicant999999
Newly Registered

Post by applicant999999 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:16 pm

toghraee wrote:Hi ow

1- you need to spend most of the time in UK, there is some criteria that you cannot be out of UK for 90 days within 3 years (not 100% sure).

2- not sure
3- YES 100%. make sure you provide documents showing that your background and qualifications are aligned with the business you are going to start.

4- if you are applying as entrepreneur team, the team (you and partner) must have access to the 200k, either each have 100k in their account or have a joint account. remember you need to provide a letter from the bank stating that both of you (names) have access to the account.

In your answer to the question 4, said that a letter from bank stating both of the team members can access the money. but if me and my partner put 100k in each account, do you still need that bank letter??

toghraee
Iran

Post by toghraee » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi

since I got my visa I became lazy to writing in the forum :)

regarding the Bank letter, if you have a Joint account, you need to provide a ltter from the bank stating that both have access to the money.

if each of you have 100k in their own account, just a bank letter stating that you have access (the account owner only).

Regards

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:15 am

applicant999999 wrote:

2- not sure

In your answer to the question 4, said that a letter from bank stating both of the team members can access the money. but if me and my partner put 100k in each account, do you still need that bank letter??
Hi,

I have applied with a team member recently in India and awaiting result. If you are maintaining 2 bank accounts, both of your names should be on the bank account, in other words both the accounts should be joint accounts. If the bank statement shows only one name (which happened in our case), you need to take a letter from the bank saying that the other person is also a joint account holder.

If you maintain 2 separate single name accounts, how are you going to prove that the other person has access to the money in your account? The guidance specifically says both team members must have equal access to the entire money. If you still want to maintain 2 separate single name accounts, you may provide affidavits that your money is available to the team member AND also bank letter (something like a third party declaration) saying that the money is available to both. But, this is very roundabout and will attract possible refusal.

Be careful, and open joint accounts ONLY! If you need further help with this please contact me at krishna9780@hotmail.com, I will guide you how to do it while keeping your money safe.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

raj.0078
Newly Registered

Post by raj.0078 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:52 pm

I think joint account would serve purpose but in India it's difficult to open a joint account with someone who is not related..Any ideas on how to approach this

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:08 am

2- not sure

All the answers are wrong. You need to be in uk for 6 months out of every 12 months. Yoir spouse does not need to fulfill this criteria. Your educational background does not play very important role rather more important is your immigratuon history. And separate accounts wont work. It needs to joint account only