ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant visa ending by UKBA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shin25

PBS dependant visa ending by UKBA

Post by shin25 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:07 pm

Hello Gurus,

Could you please confirm if the PBS dependant visas is also going to be taken off on April 8th with Tier 1 Extension? My wife is on Tier 1 Dependant and her visa is going to expire on May 2017 still 7 months short of her completing 5 yrs for ILR eligibility (She got her dependant visa on Nov 2012 i.e. when 5 yrs rule was in force). I am currently a British citizen. Can someone please clarify is it just the Tier 1 extension that is going to end or is it PBS dependant as well? Please could some one respond urgently?

Regards,
Shrini

Go12
Member of Standing

Re: PBS dependant visa ending by UKBA

Post by Go12 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Relax,
Tier 1 dependents can extend after April 5th 2015.
Main applicants will not be able to apply after April 5th 2015

shin25

Post by shin25 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:17 am

Go12 wrote:Relax,
Tier 1 dependents can extend after April 5th 2015.
Main applicants will not be able to apply after April 5th 2015
Thanks a lot for replying, any links which suggest that it's only for main applicants?

Regards
Shin

params0073

Post by params0073 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Searching the forum will help and also this :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 70833.html

shin25

Post by shin25 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:40 am

params0073 wrote:Searching the forum will help and also this :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 70833.html
Thanks very much Param for your response.
going through the linik you sent on the ImmigrationBoard, it does get more confusing with Obie(Moderator) suggesting that PBS dependant will also have to apply for extension before April6 and Amber(Moderator) suggesting that PBS dependant this rule does not affect PBS dependant
Which is the correct one as both seem to be moderator for this site?
Thanks very much for taking time to respond.

Regards,
Shin

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:28 pm

I haven't seen any announcements that Tier 1 (General) dependants applications may be scrapped. Considering that non-PBS work permit dependants applications are still possible, years after the Non-PBS work permits applications were terminated, I see no reasons why PBS dependants should be any different.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:03 pm

vinny wrote:I haven't seen any announcements that Tier 1 (General) dependants applications may be scrapped. Considering that non-PBS work permits dependants applications are still possible, years after the Non-PBS work permits applications were terminated, I see no reasons why PBS dependants should be any different.
Cheers thanks Vinnie, will probably assume that it won't affect pbs dependent visa

Regards
Shin

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi Shrini,

Don't we have a provision to apply for citizenship as a partner of British Citizen after staying and being togather for 2 years in UK ?

Do we still need to wait for 5 years then apply for ILR and then apply for Citizenship ?

Thanks,
Srikanth;

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:41 pm

srivisaN wrote:Do we still need to wait for 5 years then apply for ILR and then apply for Citizenship ?
ILR or equivalent is required prior to naturalisation 3(c).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks, is there any specific amount of time the partner need to wait to apply for citizenship after getting the ILR.

Regards,
Srikanth.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:10 pm

The spouse/civil partner of a British citizen may apply immediately after ILR, if having resided in the UK for at least 3 years, and satisfying all the other requirements, etc.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the details, one final question.

Is there any rule for 5 years continuous period for the dependent, like they cannot stay out of UK for more than 180 days in an year etc.,

Or is it a simple accumulation of all the period they spent in UK should be equal to 5 years ?

Also, I just got a successful application of PBS Dependent visa extension. But they have given it only upto 3 years but not the period (3 years and 1 month) she need to complete 5 years for ILR. I have tried asking the caseworker today but they said they cannot give more than 3 years :(

Thanks,
Srikanth.