ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Bill now law. Sad day for immigrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Immigration Bill now law. Sad day for immigrant

Post by Obie » Thu May 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Sadly, the Immigration Bill received royal accent yesterday, and is now law. Sad day for migrants.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/immi ... ecomes-law

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ation-bill
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:

Re: Immigration Bill now law. Sad day for immigrant

Post by Amber » Thu May 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Purely politically motivated to increase vote counts.

Ms May also has the right now to strip citizenship far more easily.

It's the Private Landlords having to check immigration status that is perhaps, most concerning.

Yet further increase in homelessness will be expected.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Rightly said Amber!
Already she has defined tight deadlines before Tier-1(General) can get extension and ILR subsequently, like she did for tier-2(ICT) and PSW earlier
I won't be surprised by encouragement she is getting unopposed for these continual changes, she might go for more drastic step and just stop citizenship or just anything.
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Very unfortunate development.

paknet
Pakistan

New Immigration Rules,Appeal Right and Tier 4 Visa

Post by paknet » Sat May 17, 2014 4:01 pm

According to new immigration rules,right of appeal can be granted on the basis of only three grounds
a decision to refuse a claim of asylum or humanitarian protection; a decision to refuse a human rights claim; or a decision to revoke asylum or humanitarian protection.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/immi ... ecomes-law
If any one apply for tier 4 ,tier 2 or any visa and the visa is being rejected by immigration officer then he will not be given right to appeal against the decision so will he need to leave the country then?Or he can apply a fresh application again?

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

What is happening to appeal right?

Post by tanvir1985th » Sun May 18, 2014 11:21 am

As many of you know that the new rule of curbing appeal right has been passed as law in the parliament. please gurus shed your understanding on the following concerns:
1) what if an administrative review does not overturn the original decision of the HO? will it trigger an appeal right then?
2) What will be the remedy after administrative review if there is no appeal right? will it be JR?
3) what about the applications already submitted but still not decided? will they have appeal right if refused?

Shondra Sharma

Immigration bills become a law

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun May 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Does home office revoke overstayer driving licence on the basis of their data automatically? or when immigration officer catch overstayer and then they revoke the licence? When this law effect? does it effect after the queens speech on 4th june?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Private Landlords having to check immigration status ... this is normal in many countries . Never had problem before when i was living in Saudi Arabia but i know landlord will abuse it like they used to in Saudi arabia ( extra charge for illegal immigrants and threats of violence )
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Keffy
Newly Registered

Post by Keffy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:53 pm

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ENQUIRY:

I made application with my family under FLR(O) to UKBA on 2nd Nov 2012, were refused leave on 25th March 2014. Appealed and the date for appeal was 10th June, 2014 but on 4th June 2014 we got a letter of withdrawal from HO.

We got a letter from HO through our lawyer that we have submitted further evidence....that the immigration decision is being been withdrawn so that they can reconsider the new evidence. That a new decision will be made and notified to us in due course.

Please does any one know what next to do and also the time frame with which this will take. Will UKBA require additional evidence and is this the standard withdrawal letter from the UKBA?

Thank you in advance

Apparition

Post by Apparition » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Immigrants are considered the scum of the Earth by the UK, that should be very clear from the experiences on this forum.

My question is instead of subjecting yourself to this hell, why not create a new identity from scratch? Don't bemoan the difficulty of it, can't be more difficult than what many on here have been subjected to. Will only get worse with time.

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi every one
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

I received today a from Home office 3 doc. an IS.151A, IS.75 and IS.76 I become very nervous as the cover letter state that I am liable for removal. This really freak me out. IS.76 ask for additional information if I have any and evidence to support this. My solicitor say to only sign and return it but I am feel I should add some information to it to strengthen my reason for wanting to stay here in the UK. On the other hand by reason would be just verbal without any evidence to back it up. Does anyone have experience with this?
  • Has anyone received these document/form? if so;

Did you include additional information and what type of information (every case is different but just generally speaking)

what was the outcome?
My case is a reconsideration on Article 8 Human Rights Private life

Also as I am liable to be removed and detention, would they just turn up at my door without any notice? who I be return to my country of origin without my belonging? I been here now for 14 yrs.

Thanks in advance for you suggestion/advice received.
mom_ato

kensamson
Newly Registered

Post by kensamson » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:12 pm

hello
pls do you have any kids that born uk?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Mom_ato

Post by Mom_ato » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:01 pm

kensamson wrote:hello
pls do you have any kids that born uk?
No I do not have any kids

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Full immigration Appeal ended, Immigration Act 2014 come into full force.

omaral
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by omaral » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Very unfortunate, thanks for sharing

johnomo
Newly Registered

Post by johnomo » Mon May 18, 2015 10:06 am

i came to uk in2008,i overstay my visa, i met an asylum seeker who have two children before i met her,after we meet we have two more kid.her first kid was 6year when she was refuse asylum.she sent freshclaim on january 2015 and in the fresh claim she including me as her patner,her first daughter was now 8yrs,she also apply for me to be with them in nass accommodation with them.all this children was born in uk.

my question is ----is there any prosper of this application as we havent hear from Home office since.i will be waiting urgently for your reply many thanks
johnomo
Newly Registered

pls help