ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

natalisain

Bank statements for ILR

Post by natalisain » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:13 am

Dear All

I have a query regarding the bank statements to be submitted with the ILR (Set O) application. I do not receive the bank statements as I have opted for paperless option. If I take the printed statements from the bank and get attested, will it be accepted by the Home Office?

Has any had done this before?

Thanks in advance
Natalie

shadow_dragon
Newly Registered

Re: Bank statements for ILR

Post by shadow_dragon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:54 am

This question has been asked a number of times in the forum.

To your specific question, that should be fine; however you would struggle to get a bank attesting something printed from the WEB. You would have more luck if you ask for the statements from your bank and again this depends on your bank. Search the forum you will find many members talking about banks not attesting.

Good luck.

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you for the reply. I will check with my bank.

On another note, is the letter from employer reagrding the absences a compulsory one? Even though there is no more than 180 absences in a year.

shadow_dragon
Newly Registered

Post by shadow_dragon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Employer letter on away days will become necessary if you travelled for work, If you are had a lot of personal travel then I would recommend having the employer letter stating your joining date, your grade/role, no.of paid holidays as per policy and to state that you have not been on unpaid leave.

Again this all depends on your case.

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Many Thanks for your reply.

I travelled for the same project I was working on in London but I was being paid Indian salary. Is that an issue?

shadow_dragon
Newly Registered

Post by shadow_dragon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Can you give your break down of away days, date of entry and the duration you were paid outside of UK?

Have you searched the forum for this question? else I would recommend someone of the moderators to help here.

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:07 am

I came in March 2010

Was away that year for 20 days for annual leave

I went to India in July 2012 and came back on 6th Oct 2012 and was paid Indian salary during this time.

stupidimmigrant

Post by stupidimmigrant » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:31 am

bank statements are ideally should not be an issue but banks are making it more and more complicated if you ask me.

On the safer side, if you have some time until you make an application, call the bank call center and ask them to send you paper statements via post, lloyds charge £5 and can send you statements worth last 12 months in one go. These bank statements will not need stamping.

If the latest statement from the above statements have a date of more than month before the application date, then you will need to print and stamp that statement from your local bank branch. If the person does not agree to stamp or says they don't do it generally, try going to bank at different time, when other person might be able to stamp it. or try a branch which is close to university, because they stamp statements for international students all the time ad are used to it.

Also, about you were paid in Indian salary. Did you get UK salary during that time or you were just on indian salary? If you were on both then I do not think you have to worry about that, if you were just on indian salary, do you have P60 for that year to cover that you were earning in the UK as well? but to be sure consult an experienced person about this.

Also, the advice about days being absent from work given by other member is perfect.

Hope this helps.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:01 am

I travel a lot for work and got my ILR (Croydon, in person) last year February. Max I have stayed out of the UK is about 10 days a go but have been away on vacation for about a month - I did not include any letter from employer - instead, I had provided a breakdown of all the absence in table format. Let me know if you would like me to share with you the cover note and table - All the best
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi Rakeysh.patel

many thanks for your reply. Quite a relief for me. Can you please share the Cover note and table as you mentioned?

Thanks again
natalie