ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR VISA ON HOLD BECAUSE OF TOEIC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alisulehri
Newly Registered

ILR VISA ON HOLD BECAUSE OF TOEIC

Post by Alisulehri » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Hello
I got my spouse visa in 2012 I used toeic English language course at that time my application accepted
Now I applied for ILR may 2014
THEY accepted my application butt did not give me ILR
They said toeic was involved in fraud which is under investigation I used toeic certificate in 2012 when I applied for spouse visa. Now after 2 years they stopped my application when I am applying for ILR. Now I have do e life in uk test and an other English course
They return back my wife passport which is British butt they did not give any of my documents
Can anybudy tell what going b happen next
They said my application for ILR IS ACCEPTED BUTT NEED MORE INVESTIGATION ON TOEIC WHICH I USED IN 2012
Thanks

montysingh

Re: ILR VISA ON HOLD BECAUSE OF TOEIC

Post by montysingh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:54 am

Hello Alisulehri

In the past few years there has been a number of cases in the news where people used fake ToEIC or B1 english tests and hence the investigation. I think the centre or the actual issuing body regarding your TOEIC is under investigation and hence the delay.

If i was in your situation, I would prepare myself for resitting the TOEIC or a similar qualifying tests as they will not accept your old qualification of TOEIC.

So, just wait for their decision and in the meantime prepare for another test in case you have to redo it again

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:40 am

If you already have done Life in the UK, you won't need to take it again.

From your statement, it sounds like they are accepted the ILR application, but not granted you ILR, pending further investigation into TOEIC.

I would advise you take another Level B1 test ASAP, such as the Cambridge ESOL or the Trinity Grade 5 test, rather than wait on the outcome of your application.

As soon as you have the results, submit this to the Home Office. This removes any element of doubt and should see you granted ILR without any further delay.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

akhtar191
Newly Registered

Post by akhtar191 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:58 am

Hi,

This is the same case happened to me, i applied for ILR in person at Croydon on 1st July 2014, my wife passed english test from EMDUK in Aug or september 2013 and then he start prep for LIUK. We went Croydon and after spending 5 hours there they called us saying they need more checks on my application and they interviewed my wife and gave me a letter saying further checks required and so no response on that day. When i came back home and did a search on internet i found that EMDUK is under investigation and that is why they hold my application. Now mine as well as wife application is on hold and we have no clue whats going to happen next.

Can someone suggest? Is this happen to anybody recently?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:05 pm

akhtar191 wrote:Can someone suggest? Is this happen to anybody recently?
As mentioned above, take another English test. Its the investigation into some of the awarding bodies or test centres that is having the applications put on hold and pending the outcome, it will remain on hold.

All you need is to satisfy the English Requirement and with the current tests being investigated, they are on hold. There is no reason why they shouldn't accept another approved English test.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Latoya
Newly Registered

Post by Latoya » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:04 am

Hello, did they eventually gave you the ILR????

tommy2014
Newly Registered

Post by tommy2014 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:12 pm

ANYBODY CAME ACROSS WITH SAME SITUATION AS MINE :
Dear All,
I have applied for ILR (10 years long residency ) on 25/02/2014 and BMR done on 11/03/2014.Still waiting for decision to be cleared as at 28/10/2014.
I have been in the UK as a overseas student since early 2004.During extension of my student visa in 2012 my application was supported by TOEIC .
I also have used EMDUK -English proficiency certificate (B1) on my ILR application .

I came to know that this TOEIC & EMDUK under investigation by home office since June 2014 onwards .

I called Home office on 20/10/2014 regarding update of my ILR application ,they said my application is in 5% criteria (deals after 6 months).
Is there anybody has had or having any such situation as me ?
Thank you .

Xam

Post by Xam » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:07 am

Did you get ILR yet?
Please let us know.
Was toeic accepted ?

tommy2014
Newly Registered

Post by tommy2014 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:43 pm

As at 05/11/2014
I have not received anything from home office apart from acknowledgement letter .
By TOEIC i have extended my student visa during 2011-12.
Thanks

Xam

Post by Xam » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:01 am

Hello All,

I did From Toeic (ETS) in 2012 and submitted (Speaking part along with a cover letter that i didn't get reading part's result ) to HO and After a while I submitted Reading part as well as Another English Course ( A1) from Trinity College and send to Home office After a week I got my BRP with Approval letter

Now I already applied for ILR with SET(M) form on 2nd October 2014. I submitted old A1(With distinction ) , New B1 ESOL (with distinction )from Trinity College and expired IELTS (Score 6.0) (which i have done in 2009 and expired in 2011).

SET(M) Update after apply:

I got Acknowledgement letter on 8th oct 2014
Bio metric appointment letter dated 17th oct 2014

Someone told me they will hold my application for ETS.. Im a bit worried now .

Note: My spouse visa is under old rule.

I would be very great full if someone reply me who has the same experience .

Thank you ever so much.x
Xam

Xam

ILR with TOEIC

Post by Xam » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:03 am

Hello All,

I did From Toeic (ETS) in 2012 and submitted (Speaking part along with a cover letter that i didn't get reading part's result ) to HO and After a while I submitted Reading part as well as Another English Course ( A1) from Trinity College and send to Home office After a week I got my BRP with Approval letter

Now I already applied for ILR with SET(M) form on 2nd October 2014. I submitted old A1(With distinction ) , New B1 ESOL (with distinction )from Trinity College and expired IELTS (Score 6.0) (which i have done in 2009 and expired in 2011).

SET(M) Update after apply:

I got Acknowledgement letter on 8th oct 2014
Bio metric appointment letter dated 17th oct 2014

Someone told me they will hold my application for ETS.. Im a bit worried now .

Note: My spouse visa is under old rule.

I would be very great full if someone reply me who has the same experience .

Thank you ever so much.x
Xam

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:21 am

If you test detects a proxy taker, then you will be refused on the grounds of deception.

But as you are a spouse of a settled person, you will not be removed as in the case with others.

You will be given a right of appeal if a section 10 (8) decision is taken.

Have you got a child?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Obie wrote:If you test detects a proxy taker, then you will be refused on the grounds of deception.

But as you are a spouse of a settled person, you will not be removed as in the case with others.

Have you got a child?
hi Obie

I think if you have spend substantial amount of time in this country (i.e 10 years) they will consider human rights or something don't you think?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Will all depend on the strength of the family ties.

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Obie wrote:Will all depend on the strength of the family ties.
what about people who don't have family here and spend 10 years will they be considered on human rights?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Possibly not.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Xam

Post by Xam » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:19 am

Obie wrote:If you test detects a proxy taker, then you will be refused on the grounds of deception.

Have you got a child?

Thank you Obie, we haven't got baby yet. If They refused me and I appeal , What may be out come? Shall I get ILR if I win the appeal?

Thank you.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:25 am

I don't know your personal circumstances so can't advice you in a fact sensitive manner.

You may wish to seek legal advice.

I can only advise that , unlike other cases where people are been ransacked and chucked in immigration prison, this may not be the case with a person who have a genuine family life in the UK. They may qualify under Article 8 following appeal.

Godislove
Newly Registered

Post by Godislove » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:42 am

Hi i applied ILR on 20 December 2013. I had a spouse visa.
june 2014 got a letter i should rewrite another English test. Because TOIEC is under investigation before my case could be considered. Wen i was applying for my spouse visa year 2011. I did my speaking & listening test with TOIEC Genuinely. Anyway i went to rewrite my speaking & listening test with Trinity college in July 2014. Sent UKVI my certificate. On October 2014 i asked my local MP to write to UKVI about my case since its already been10 months no reply no ILR. Well they replied to my MP told him i should still wait because TOIEC tests are being investigated.
On 25 November 2014 after a stressful long wait of 11 monthd.I Received my ILR & my biometric card. Thank God.
so i think the TOIEC investigation is over now. So hang in there my people you might receive yours soon.

sameer1986
Newly Registered

Post by sameer1986 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi i will really appreciate if any one can help me i am quite worried .....I submitted my visa application through premium service in Liverpool on 18th August 2014 for extension of tier 2. During my appointment, I was told that my visa application requires further processing and that I will be inform by post.
On 3rd September 2014, I received letter from Home Office advising me that my previous English Language Certificate (TOEIC) is invalid and was instructed to take alternative English Language examination and to submit results before 15th October 2014. I took IELTS examination on 20/09/2014 and scored well above the required Home Office criteria. I submitted my IELTS score certificate on 8th October 2014 as soon as it became available.
Until now my application process has taken more than three months in total and it has been 8 weeks since I have submitted my IELTS certificate. Still i am waiting for my visa ...
I do not know what to do as i am running out of my savings coz i cannot do any job ... i wrote a letter to home office two weeks ago but no reply yet.....
i am not sure is it due to toeic ??? which is delaying previously i got 2 times tier 2 on same toeic....or it is something else...
HO hasnot told me anything they just asked me to resubmit english language competency which i did... need help

Thanks

Xam

Post by Xam » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:10 am

Dear Obie, we are waiting for your response on this case please

Thank you

Reagards
sameer1986 wrote:Hi i will really appreciate if any one can help me i am quite worried .....I submitted my visa application through premium service in Liverpool on 18th August 2014 for extension of tier 2. During my appointment, I was told that my visa application requires further processing and that I will be inform by post.
On 3rd September 2014, I received letter from Home Office advising me that my previous English Language Certificate (TOEIC) is invalid and was instructed to take alternative English Language examination and to submit results before 15th October 2014. I took IELTS examination on 20/09/2014 and scored well above the required Home Office criteria. I submitted my IELTS score certificate on 8th October 2014 as soon as it became available.
Until now my application process has taken more than three months in total and it has been 8 weeks since I have submitted my IELTS certificate. Still i am waiting for my visa ...
I do not know what to do as i am running out of my savings coz i cannot do any job ... i wrote a letter to home office two weeks ago but no reply yet.....
i am not sure is it due to toeic ??? which is delaying previously i got 2 times tier 2 on same toeic....or it is something else...
HO hasnot told me anything they just asked me to resubmit english language competency which i did... need help

Thanks

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi
Actually i have applied for ILR on 10 years long residency route in the first week of june using TOEIC certificate, i sent them PTE english certificate as soon as i came to know about the ETS scam, now the home office has put my application on hold despite sending them a new english certificate which doesn't make sense as i have never used TOEIC before for any type of visa extension, is anybody here who is in the same situation as me and got his ILR or still waiting for the decision.

thanks

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi
Is there Anyone who has applied with Toeic certificate and got response from the home office

thanks

Xam

Post by Xam » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:14 am

hammad14 wrote:Hi
Is there Anyone who has applied with Toeic certificate and got response from the home office

thanks

Im still awaiting :(

Thank you

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 pm

XAM
when have you applied?

thanks