ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

supadupa

Re: Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long

Post by supadupa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:01 pm

a quick update,
my Mp got back to me with a copy of the email he received from the H/O.
here it is:
From the information available to me Mr ******** applied for further Leave to Remain on 26 November 2012. From making enquiries with the casework team I have been advised that they aim to review the case within the next 12 months.

As Mr *********’s application was made before his previous leave to enter or remain in the UK expired, the conditions of leave previously awarded to him will continue to apply until such time as a decision is made on his current application.

so as you can see there is really nothing new there and i just have to wait longer.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Another update:
today i received a parcel from the H/O with my personal photos that i sent to support my application and a letter saying that they have photocopied the photos and added them to my file.

i think this is a good sign as they maybe will start processing the application soon if not already started.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Any news guys , hope we will all hear good news the coming month maybe january.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Still waiting.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:44 pm

there is no option to take home office to court ? im waiting all year for just extending my discretionary leave to remain
and problem to get proper job because of this crap if I don't received my document by February I will end up of financial difficulty because I have car loan and rent and to many thing to pay

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Odat do you think it might help if i decide to get a lawyer maybe they might know more rights than we do and maybe H/O is just taking a piss on us because they know we don't know anything.

its not reasonable to wait for 2 years just for an extension of visa.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:49 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi Odat do you think it might help if i decide to get a lawyer maybe they might know more rights than we do and maybe H/O is just taking a piss on us because they know we don't know anything.

its not reasonable to wait for 2 years just for an extension of visa.
I don't thing lawyer can do anything and because we don't have the Decision yet we can't go JR

ALL WE CAN DO JUST WAIT

Farid_Rizwan
Newly Registered

Post by Farid_Rizwan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi , i have granted DLR in legacy ,Went 2 times in home country ,Leave expire in jan 2015 , My question is which form do i have to use for extension , Some people says FLR O and some says DL . If any expert on this forum can help me on this , As i am new on this forum . Also will it affect on my extension as i have been 2 times in my home country ?
Thanks

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am

To answer your question about if it will affect your application i myself thinks YES it will affect because you are not allowed to go back to your home country until you are given indefinite leave to remain.

that is if you claimed asylum first and then you got refused then given DL under human rights or something.

hope this helps

Farid_Rizwan
Newly Registered

Legacy cases DLR Extension

Post by Farid_Rizwan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi , Also some one can tell me which form do i have to use for DLR Extension ?

odat
Jordan

Re: Legacy cases DLR Extension

Post by odat » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Farid_Rizwan wrote:Hi , Also some one can tell me which form do i have to use for DLR Extension ?
there is tow form
one fore people who refuse asylum but granted DLR you can use form dl its free fee
download here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uk-form-dl

or the other one who have been granted DLR without asylum fee is £601
form flr o
download here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:18 am

Update:
i phoned the H/O today to enquire about my application process and i was told that it will be processed in the 1st quarter of 2015.
i feel a little bit relieved now that i know its only another 3 months.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:42 pm

supadupa

what number did you call brother

also what form did you use
MKHARI

Farid_Rizwan
Newly Registered

Post by Farid_Rizwan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:02 am

Hi , went to my solicitor last week . He used the DL form for extension . When I asked flr o is quick and fast . He said untill last month we use flr o form for all legacy cases . But now home office changed the guidance and told us to use DL form. Any one can tell me how long it will take to extend dlr using DL form.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Farid_Rizwan wrote:Hi , went to my solicitor last week . He used the DL form for extension . When I asked flr o is quick and fast . He said untill last month we use flr o form for all legacy cases . But now home office changed the guidance and told us to use DL form. Any one can tell me how long it will take to extend dlr using DL form.
well there is not time line for dl form I submit my in January 2014 and im still waiting

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:11 am

Hi All

Happy new year , any news guys i have not heard anything but i am wishing that soon i will receive my papers.

i have a good feeling for 2015 , wish we all get a reply soon.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:16 pm

I wrote to the UKVI on the 9th of January 2015 regarding my outstanding application. Within three days there was a terse response. "Thank you for your letter concerning your immigration matters. While we understand your concern for a swift decision, this has not been possible due the sheer volume of cases OLCU has to deal with. Unfortunately we are unable to give any timescales for when a decision will be made on your outstanding application for further leave. We request you do not send further information to this office again, unless we request further information from you or you change address. However, if your circumstances do change or to change any of your details you can contact OLCU on 01512134288."

I had also contacted my local MP who wrote to me. The letter read "A member of my staff spoke today with an official at UKVI on your behalf. The official explained that UKVI wrote to you to confirm they cannot expedite your case. Each application is dealt in the order it is submitted to them. Your case is currently awaiting to be allocated a caseworker within the Old Live Casework Unit. Applications for settlement have no timescale for completion, so the official was unable to indicate when a determination is likely to be made."

There is the official position for all outstanding applications. I am frustrated. I have been waiting for a year now and the UKVI appears to have no accountability in terms of how fast they process applications.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:46 pm

New and final Update on this:

on the 23rd of February i received a letter from H/O requesting photos as a proof of ongoing relationship with my child and partner + council tax letters, bills, and any other proofs to my address etc...
these were all gathered and posted back on the 25th.
Saturday the 28th i received a parcel with all the documents back + my passport and a letter to say that my application has been successful and i have been granted another 3 years discretionary leave to remain.
and another letter to go to the post office and get my biometrics done again.
just waiting for the card now.

thanks to you all for the support and good luck to everyone still waiting.

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:41 pm

supadupa wrote:New and final Update on this:

on the 23rd of February i received a letter from H/O requesting photos as a proof of ongoing relationship with my child and partner + council tax letters, bills, and any other proofs to my address etc...
Saturday the 28th i received a parcel with all the documents back + my passport and a letter to say that my application has been successful and i have been granted another 3 years discretionary leave to remain.

Congratulations Supadupa. My case is different to yours but I would appreciate how long it took you to get an extension for discretionary leave to remain visas. I assume form FLR(O) is correct form for myself. Thanks.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:56 pm

siliconegel wrote:

Congratulations Supadupa. My case is different to yours but I would appreciate how long it took you to get an extension for discretionary leave to remain visas. I assume form FLR(O) is correct form for myself. Thanks.
Hi,

i don't know if FLR O is the correct form for you but it took them from November 2012 to February 2015 to process my case.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Congratulations I have got the same and in same day is you but I haven't got my passport back

siliconegel

Post by siliconegel » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi Supadupa, you deserve it as you waited for a long time to win your case. Generally,i feel DLR extensions should not take that long. May be your case was complicated.

My application is straight forward. I think FLR (O) could be the right application form for me as I am single having a private life in the UK.

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 pm

So supadupa you are due for indefinite leave to remain next year? So they basically wasted ur 2 years chicky aren't they. I submitted my application for extension last year September 2014 and did all the biometrics in September. Today i received a letter asking me to provide further evidence of my relationship with my wife, latest utility bills as proof of my recent address. I posted all that so am hoping they will process my application as soon as possible. Congratulations on ur successful application

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:57 am

Hi All

It seems like they are starting with people with families and for single people does it me we are at the end of the line.

I am now stressing out i have never heard from H/O and its been a 1 yr 3 months waiting now.

Hope i will get good news soon.

Congrats everyone who received their stay.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:36 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi All

It seems like they are starting with people with families and for single people does it me we are at the end of the line.

I am now stressing out i have never heard from H/O and its been a 1 yr 3 months waiting now.

Hope i will get good news soon.

Congrats everyone who received their stay.
I thought you said you have family ?
are you single ?