ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 has been withdrawn by sponsor

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

licelle25
Newly Registered

Tier 4 has been withdrawn by sponsor

Post by licelle25 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm on tier 4 student visa, my college has reported me to the ukba on June 8,2014 and have withdrawn their sponsorship to me, i went to college to speak with them they said they will withdraw it, at first i thought they reported me for not attending classes. I thought everything was ok, then i receive a curtailment letter from ukba dated june 28, 2014 and giving me only 60 days (august 30, 2014)
I went back to college and showed them the letter, due to massive number of student they've reported not attending they thought they've reported me on the same ground, only to find out later on they reported me due to changing my sponsor, which they admit was a mistake. They have now then claim they have withdrawn their previous report about me and said its an administrative error, they withdraw the report on July 4.
College told me to disregard the letter from home office as i remain a student in their college and will be on the same visa originally given to me.
I am worried if any of this is true, As i may be considered as an overstayer here.
I just found all of this today (23/07) as well as my college is suspended for 1 month.
Should I ignore the letter from ukba or make a new application?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 has been withdrawn by sponsor

Post by bruteforce » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:22 pm

IMO, you should not disregard the letter from UKBA or UKVI despite whatever your college is saying.

licelle25
Newly Registered

Post by licelle25 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm

bruteforce wrote:IMO, you should not disregard the letter from UKBA or UKVI despite whatever your college is saying.
Thank you for your opinion.
The college showed me the report the made to the home office online. I think that website/system is where colleges usually do their reports regarding their students.
I ask for a photocopy of it, so i have got a copy of it.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Even if you have seen their report, you have received a curtailment letter and it will stand unless you get anything in writing from UKVI which says otherwise.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:01 am

The curtailment letter stands until you receive the reinstatement letter from UKVI.
If the college is suspended then there is every chance UKVI will not reinstate your visa until the final outcome of the suspension. It would be a pointless exercise if they are going to revoke the college.

I am assuming you are still attending college and college is still operating?

The problem your college has is no doubt they were not reporting non attending students and probably had a vist from UKVI and.the college has tried to tidy up their mess after the vist by informing UKVI about the "missing students" after the visit...... I can not see how that will help them as it will be obvious that they only reported the students once they had been found out.

While I sympathize with your predicament you have been swept up in a much bigger problem and there is a high chance the college will be revoked.in any event.

You have a choice ignore the letter and perhaps find you have become an overstayer at a future point or try to contact UKVI to see if the college has in fact retracted the CAS withdrawal. The problem is getting hold of someone in UKVI that will answer the question....

licelle25
Newly Registered

Post by licelle25 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 pm

College is still operating and classes will resume next month.
I phoned UKVI today to confirm if the college have really withdrawn their first report.
The lady whom i spoke to said that i should write to the team who sent me the curtailment letter attaching the curtailment letter and a copy of the withdrawal report from the college.
Which i will be doing tomorrow...

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Well, whatever you plan to do, do it within the time given. i.e 60 days. Keep proof of postage and delivery. You never know it might work, subject to your college getting their licence back which as Frontier mole said is unlikely.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:57 am

licelle25 wrote:I'm on tier 4 student visa, my college has reported me to the ukba on June 8,2014 and have withdrawn their sponsorship to me, i went to college to speak with them they said they will withdraw it, at first i thought they reported me for not attending classes.
Why would you think it was because you did not attend classes? Were you not attending?

awais ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by awais ahmed » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi I am facing a weird problem my college refuse me to register for next semister saying you have been for two years in this college and haven't shown any progression but I have got 1 year left on visa and fee I have paid full to college they have now send me email saying we have notified to ukvi and withdraw your sponsorship on basic of no progression but yet I haven't got any letter or email from ukvi.so I am bit worried what should I do any one help please urgent.

awais ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by awais ahmed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi I am facing a weird problem my college refuse me to register for next semister saying you have been for two years in this college and haven't shown any progression but I have got 1 year left on visa and fee I have paid full to college they have now send me email saying we have notified to ukvi and withdraw your sponsorship on basic of no progression but yet I haven't got any letter or email from ukvi.so I am bit worried what should I do any one help please urgent.