ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent of ILR applicant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jalil

Dependent of ILR applicant

Post by jalil » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier2 and planning to apply for ILR in person via 5yrs continuous route.
My spouse and my under 18 yrs old child both are eligible to apply for ILR at the same time as me and are on Tier2 dependent leave to remain.

Couple of questions for gurus and experts and hopefully get some answers.

1.Can my spouse (PBS dependent) apply for ILR separately and keep her job while waiting for the decision?
2.Can my child apply separately by post if both me and my dependent spouse decided to apply at the same time via PEO.

Many thanks for any advise from experts.

jalil

Re: Dependent of ILR applicant

Post by jalil » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:09 pm

jalil wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier2 and planning to apply for ILR in person via 5yrs continuous route.
My spouse and my under 18 yrs old child both are eligible to apply for ILR at the same time as me and are on Tier2 dependent leave to remain.

Couple of questions for gurus and experts and hopefully get some answers.

1.Can my spouse (PBS dependent) apply for ILR separately and keep her job while waiting for the decision?
2.Can my child apply separately by post if both me and my dependent spouse decided to apply at the same time via PEO.

Many thanks for any advise from experts.

Expert any advise on this?
Very many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent of ILR applicant

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:14 pm

1.Can my spouse (PBS dependent) apply for ILR separately and keep her job while waiting for the decision? Yes she can apply separately, but only after you are granted ILR as the main applicant. She would need to complete form SET(O). She can continue working.
2.Can my child apply separately by post if both me and my dependent spouse decided to apply at the same time via PEO. Child should apply either with yourself, or with your spouse by post or in person
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.