ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-cash earnings on payslip?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pied.piper
Newly Registered

Non-cash earnings on payslip?

Post by pied.piper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:25 pm

My company awards taxable vouchers based on performance (kind of like performance linked bonus). These vouchers are mentioned on the payslip and the tax is deducted just like salary. Can I include these vouchers in my calculation of earnings? The reason I am asking this question is because the "proof of this earning" is only on the payslips; it's not on the bank statements as these are online vouchers usable at Amazon, Argos, etc.

Anyone?

mr_mar

Re: Non-cash earnings on payslip?

Post by mr_mar » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:26 am

pied.piper wrote:My company awards taxable vouchers based on performance (kind of like performance linked bonus). These vouchers are mentioned on the payslip and the tax is deducted just like salary. Can I include these vouchers in my calculation of earnings? The reason I am asking this question is because the "proof of this earning" is only on the payslips; it's not on the bank statements as these are online vouchers usable at Amazon, Argos, etc.

Anyone?

If it is taxable how come it is not in the payslips unless it is a company gift which is taxable to them then it is not considered to be earnings.
If it is you who is paying for it (by deducting from your salary) then it should be in the payslips hidden under a general category.

pied.piper
Newly Registered

Post by pied.piper » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 am

It's on the payslip but not part of the cash transferred to my bank (because these were vouchers; tax paid by the company), and hence, it's not reflected on the bank statement. That's why it worries me -- they ask two sources of earnings proof!

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:26 am

pied.piper wrote:It's on the payslip but not part of the cash transferred to my bank (because these were vouchers; tax paid by the company), and hence, it's not reflected on the bank statement. That's why it worries me -- they ask two sources of earnings proof!
Can you obtain broker statements / valuation from recognized custodian (who keeps it for you - transactions by date and total position held in your name). That may serve your purpose. Is this mentioned on your employment contract?

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:19 pm

pied.piper wrote:It's on the payslip but not part of the cash transferred to my bank (because these were vouchers; tax paid by the company), and hence, it's not reflected on the bank statement. That's why it worries me -- they ask two sources of earnings proof!
Then I don't understand the problem.
In the bank statement there is your NET salary after tax and all the cuts by your company for different reasons.
In the payslip it explains your GROSS salary plus all these cuts like the vouchers + the earning tax + your NET Salary which should be the same as what is in your bank statement.

The person handling your case will add up all the GROSS month salaries from your payslips to get the 12 months total and check the points you claimed.

pied.piper
Newly Registered

Post by pied.piper » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Thanks mr_mar! I can see your point and I guess I am worried without any valid reason. Your are right that the gross salary should be used for points calculation and the net salary is used for matching with bank statements.