ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling with valid RC

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mota
Newly Registered

Traveling with valid RC

Post by mota » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi guys, hope u can help me pls,

I recently got my PR in my new non Eu passport, and still got my RC (EEA2) in my old passport which is valid till mid 2016 and home office didn't cancel it, I was wondering, since I can't travel to France or any Schengen country with my PR, can I show my RC in my old passport to passport controller or airline officer instead? ( I'll travel with my swiss national wife)

mota
Newly Registered

Re: Traveling with valid RC

Post by mota » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Any help??

liksah

Post by liksah » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Should be fine. You have a right of entry based upon your marriage. The issue is always how to convince airline authorities of this since they do not believe in the directives and just refer to the timaticweb database.

So for airline officer - old passport with RC should work.
Passport control - Well, you could still show your old documentation but if asked about permanent residency should reply truthfully. In that case, have some proof of marriage on hand and you should still be granted entry.

To keep things simple, why not apply for a Schengen visa in advance if you have the time? This would be the most correct thing to do.

mota
Newly Registered

Post by mota » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Thank you Liksah,
My only worry is Airline staff because my EEA2 resident card is in my old passport i'll travel with easy jet so i'm hoping they know about the directive.
i'll carry my marriage certificate with me anyway,