ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Trixie22
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Trixie22 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm

hello all,

am hoping someone can help me. i currently hold a brp (no time limit) and planning to apply for naturalisation in july. i am also currently pregnant and in my 1st year in university with no intention of dropping out. i plan to apply for british passport alongside my baby when born. the problem is not with me but with my partner (unmarried) who has overstayed his student visa by almost 3years now due to no fault of his. he has tried every tin possible but to no avail, he even tried a proxy marriage with another woman wen he was held detention prior to us getting together which only got him out of deportation camp but again was refused leave to remain in the uk. he is currently in the process of divorcing the 'proxy marriage' lady . the situation now is we are expecting our 1st child, we currently do not leave together. when the baby arrives, i am hoping he could apply with flr(o) for discretional leave to remain as a parent of a british child (i don't know if the 5year route or the 10 year route is the right one to go for). my question is

is it possible for him to apply as a parent of a british child? probably under article 8?

which form-- flr(o) 5yrs route or 10yrs route?
flr(fp) 5yrs route or 10yrs route?

what evidence/document does he need to provide?

how can we show he has sole responsibility of the child even if i will be very much involved with the child?

i know some on this forum has been through the same situation if not worse ..... MissA and TurboA I think they are called..

please help me, i would really appreciate any advise and i wish you all all the best.

thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

jp1524

Post by jp1524 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:14 am

Hi all,
I have been reading this forum since last few months and it is great to see how good people help each other.
well, I entered in uk in 2006 as a student,then had few extension. my last application was refused and went to first tier
got refused , then ask permission from first tribunal which got refused. ask for permission to appeal to the upper tribunal ,
got refused. i had no other option and i have applied for flrO last month.
i am very close to 10 year long residency. but worried what will happen if HO refuses my flrO.
i live with my wife and 2kids born here, we are none british or hold ilr.
can someone help me with few querries..?
what are the chances of success?
if they refuses flrO will I have an appeal right ? if they do not give me appeal right then can I ask for the same ? or reconsideration ?
in the meantime of this happening , will the 10year long residency breaks ?
i will really appreciate this help from such a great people here.
thanks in advance.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi Forum member
Just want to share my good news. After long battle with Home Office got our BRP half an hour ago. We have been granted 30 months. God has given it for me and my family. Grate full to all forum members specially Nilemarque, kukuwife,winners, Believe,. Also I have to mention you Dapsonlee, Hatchsead ,Shondra sharma, Mrolaolu,rina, verbina,lily123, favour, time503, crystal newbies,icehouse256, yummy mummy,mummy two,sanny26, GodGives, summer2013 who contributed in our hard time.
Apologies for not mentioning all the names. I hope and pray all those who are waiting for decision will have a good time. Just need to patient and legal fight. Thanks again everybody.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:15 pm

shareen24h wrote:Hi Forum member
Just want to share my good news. After long battle with Home Office got our BRP half an hour ago. We have been granted 30 months. God has given it for me and my family. Grate full to all forum members specially Nilemarque, kukuwife,winners, Believe,. Also I have to mention you Dapsonlee, Hatchsead ,Shondra sharma, Mrolaolu,rina, verbina,lily123, favour, time503, crystal newbies,icehouse256, yummy mummy,mummy two,sanny26, GodGives, summer2013 who contributed in our hard time.
Apologies for not mentioning all the names. I hope and pray all those who are waiting for decision will have a good time. Just need to patient and legal fight. Thanks again everybody.

Shareen24h,

A hearty and well deserved congratulations is yours already. After almost 3 years, I believe 2015 is going to be one of the best year yet. The journey may be long and hard but if one stay on the course like you did, it's a well earned and deserved victory. God bless you and your family in entirety and I pray this is the many of yet to come goodness in your life. God bless you :)(

jp1524

Post by jp1524 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi all,
I have been reading this forum since last few months and it is great to see how good people help each other.
well, I entered in uk in 2006 as a student,then had few extension. my last application was refused and went to first tier
got refused , then ask permission from first tribunal which got refused. ask for permission to appeal to the upper tribunal ,
i am very close to 10 year long residency. but worried what will happen if HO refuses my flrO.
what are the chances of success?
if they refuses flrO will I have an appeal right ? if they do not give me appeal right then can I ask for the same ? or reconsideration ?
in the meantime of this happening , will the 10year long residency breaks ?
thanks in advance.

hello guys, can anybody help please

Rubablu

Post by Rubablu » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 pm

BIG congratulations !!! enjoy your freedom.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:46 pm

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="shareen24h"]Hi Forum member
Apologies for not mentioning all the names. I hope and pray all those who are waiting for decision will have a good time. Just need to patient and legal fight. Thanks again everybody.[/quote]

Shareen24h,

A hearty and well deserved congratulations is yours already. After almost 3 years, I believe 2015 is going to be one of the best year yet. The journey may be long and hard but if one stay on the course like you did, it's a well earned and deserved victory. God bless you and your family in entirety and I pray this is the many of yet to come goodness in your life. God bless you :)([/quote]

Hi Dapsonlee

Thanks you for kind words. Yea its nearly 3 years we started our battle with HO. I wish you good luck.

winners

Post by winners » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Congratulations for a well deserved victory
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Congrats Shareen24th you did it! God bless you! You fought a hard battle so happy for you
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:06 am

Big congratulations to you and your family. What can I say but to pray for you and your family all that you might have loss during this long battle with HO God will favour you and you will recover all not only that you will move with speed in 2015
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:20 am

jp1524 wrote:Hi all,
what are the chances of success? ------------Not good probably it will be refused
if they refuses flrO will I have an appeal right ? -----------No
if they do not give me appeal right then can I ask for the same ? _--------Yes
or reconsideration ?--------Yes
in the meantime of this happening , will the 10year long residency breaks ?----- am so sorry to inform you that the answer is Yes because you have exhaust all your appeal right
thanks in advance.

lomik
Newly Registered

Post by lomik » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:29 am

Trixie22 wrote:hello all,

am hoping someone can help me. i currently hold a brp (no time limit) and planning to apply for naturalisation in july. i am also currently pregnant and in my 1st year in university with no intention of dropping out. i plan to apply for british passport alongside my baby when born. the problem is not with me but with my partner (unmarried) who has overstayed his student visa by almost 3years now due to no fault of his. he has tried every tin possible but to no avail, he even tried a proxy marriage with another woman wen he was held detention prior to us getting together which only got him out of deportation camp but again was refused leave to remain in the uk. he is currently in the process of divorcing the 'proxy marriage' lady . the situation now is we are expecting our 1st child, we currently do not leave together. when the baby arrives, i am hoping he could apply with flr(o) for discretional leave to remain as a parent of a british child (i don't know if the 5year route or the 10 year route is the right one to go for). my question is

is it possible for him to apply as a parent of a british child? probably under article 8?

how can we show he has sole responsibility of the child even if i will be very much involved with the child?

i know some on this forum has been through the same situation if not worse ..... MissA and TurboA I think they are called..

please help me, i would really appreciate any advise and i wish you all all the best.

yes it is possible for him to apply as a parent of a bc child on 10years route because it is an immigration offender( overstayer) using form flr( fp) . most important is name has to be in the child birth certificate as a dad,,,,

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:34 am

What a victory!!!!!!! Big congratulation!!!!!! You fought a good fight, I salute you!!!! Wishing you all the best for your whole family. Enjoy your well deserve victory.

Trixie22
Newly Registered

Post by Trixie22 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:48 am

lomik wrote:

thanks @lomik, reading the guidance on form flr(fp) it say 'do not use this form for a new discretional leave application' and yes, he will definitely be included on the child's birth certificate. what other document can you suggest we provide as evidence?

yes it is possible for him to apply as a parent of a bc child on 10years route because it is an immigration offender( overstayer) using form flr( fp) . most important is name has to be in the child birth certificate as a dad,,,,

jp1524

Post by jp1524 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:12 am

Kukuwife wrote:
what are the chances of success? ------------Not good probably it will be refused
in the meantime of this happening , will the 10year long residency breaks ?----- am so sorry to inform you that the answer is Yes because you have exhaust all your appeal right
thanks in advance.

thanks kukuwife, really great answers. now i have some ideas what to expect.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:42 pm

jp1524 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
thanks in advance.

thanks kukuwife, really great answers. now i have some ideas what to expect.
Hello jp1524- please if I may ask why flr(o)?
In my own opinion I think this may be a wrong form to fill in your situation but if it was advised by your solicitor then no worries probably he/ she knows what to expect. You mention that your children were born here in uk how old is the first child hopefully if the child is up to seven years old there is light at the end of the tunnel

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Hearty Congratulations Shareen24h!

Its been a long battle but thankfully you have won. I wish you and your wonderful family the best life can offer.

UKlover
Newly Registered

Post by UKlover » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether my post belongs to this section or not. I am an overstayer in this country and I've been living in here since 2004. My girlfriend and I have decided to get married outside uk as it's not possible here. My girlfriend, who is from non-EU and is on Tier2 visa. My question is, how long i would be banned to re-enter in to this country if i leave voluntarily?

Thank you for your help.

redding
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by redding » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi everyone I am new to this post . I have been here for 13.5 years british partner for 8.5 years and a 4 year old daughter I want to regularise my stay please help. Also my partner wants to add me to tax credits I have no National insurance number please help!!!!

mrsingh
Newly Registered

Post by mrsingh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:28 am

Hi
There got a good news
received my brp Nd all documents last Monday granted for 30 months
Really happy

lomik
Newly Registered

Post by lomik » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:52 am

Trixie22 wrote:
lomik wrote:

thanks @lomik, reading the guidance on form flr(fp) it say 'do not use this form for a new discretional leave application' and yes, he will definitely be included on the child's birth certificate. what other document can you suggest we provide as evidence?

as you are not living together,he will show that he can accommodate and maintaine himself . his parental responsabilities in the child upbringing . a letter wrote by the child's mother to testify that he is taken care of the child ,.pls read the application form flr(fp) applying as parent and see supporting documents

penzee
Newly Registered

Post by penzee » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi
I applied flr fp on 29 December2014 on basis of partner route 10 year as my husband long residence application was under process I received acknowledgement letter on 10 jan 2015 and on 23rd jan my husband received his ILR I enroll my fingerprints on 26th jan and now today I receive a letter from homeoffice that I did not filled section 3( dependent applying with you) as I have no dependents I did not fill this section the caseworker only posted me 1 page section 3 so I filled zero in it and post it back with a covering letter now I have following questions
1: if I refused they give me appeal right or I consider overstayer ??????

penzee
Newly Registered

Post by penzee » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi
I applied flr fp on 29 December2014 on basis of partner route 10 year as my husband long residence application was under process I received acknowledgement letter on 10 jan 2015 and on 23rd jan my husband received his ILR I enroll my fingerprints on 26th jan and now today I receive a letter from homeoffice that I did not filled section 3( dependent applying with you) as I have no dependents I did not fill this section the caseworker only posted me 1 page section 3 so I filled zero in it and post it back with a covering letter
My question is if my visa refused do I have right of appeal or they consider me overstayer

penzee
Newly Registered

Post by penzee » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi
I applied flr fp on 29 December2014 on basis of partner route 10 year as my husband long residence application was under process I received acknowledgement letter on 10 jan 2015 and on 23rd jan my husband received his ILR I enroll my fingerprints on 26th jan and now today I receive a letter from homeoffice that I did not filled section 3( dependent applying with you) as I have no dependents I did not fill this section the caseworker only posted me 1 page section 3 so I filled zero in it and post it back with a covering letter
My question is if my visa refused do I have right of appeal or they consider me overstayer

Eaustin
Newly Registered

Post by Eaustin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Apologies for duplicate post, but this subject seems to have a lot of activity.

The applicant (my sister-in-law) applied for leave to remain as a parent and was granted leave under EX.1 of Appendix FM. She lives with her husband and son (6), they are both British citizens. It is now time to apply for further leave to remain as her first 30 months are due to end.

When completing the form FLR(FP) under family life as a parent (10 year route) which of sections 7 and 8 need to be completed?

Any advice gratefully received.