ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependant - Early Extension Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sriviji23
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Dependant - Early Extension Query

Post by Sriviji23 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 1 General category and Date of expiry of current leave to remain is May 2017. I am eligible to apply for ILR in May 2015.
My partner is on PBS dependant visa and his Date of expiry of current leave to remain is May 2017. However, my partner entered UK after July 2012 and he has to go through 5 year route and is eligible for ILR in Sep 2017 only and he is in short of three months (as current leave to remain is valid only until May 2017).

Initial Tier 1 General Visa stamped from - May 2009 to May 2012 (3 years)
Did my First Extension - May 2012 to May 2014 (2 years)
Did my second Extension - May 2014 to May 2017 (3 Years)

I have couple of queries...

1. When I apply my ILR in May 2015, can make an application for my dependant for early extension and ask for three years visa while he already has two valid years left in his current visa? Im aware that another option is waiting until 2017 and make an application at that time. But since I am preparing all the documents for my ILR, im thinking it would be much easier to make the dependant application now. Since the last visa was granted for three years, I am not sure whether they will approve for another 3 years now. Has anyone applied in similar case? or any suggestion please?

2. My parter dependant application was made from Stockholm in July and it was an online application that we submitted and visa was stampted with start date 22nd Aug 2012. We think we have to go through 5 year route to get ILR for my partner. We do not know the exact application date since it was an online application. Is there a way to find the application date from UKBA?

Thanks in advance.