ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) to ILR - Immigration History Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abc_123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) to ILR - Immigration History Query

Post by abc_123 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:45 pm

I am applying ILR as a Tier 1 General Migrant.

I came to UK on Student visa. I did my masters and I than I got 2 years Post Study Work visa which I later switched to Tier 1 General category and I am full time employed.

My query is, in Set 0 form Section 6.2 - Immigration history, here do I need to fill those absences from UK which I had when I was on Study visa and Post Study Work visa or this is only for Tier 1 General visa.

Also in the form it says "Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required", I never had work related absences from UK but I did go out of UK on holiday to see family/friends to my home country and I did get paid annual leave for those holidays.

Please advise do I need to get proof for my own holiday absence from UK as well, this is bit difficult as this is few years back and I no longer work for that company.

I request senior members, Gurus and moderators to help me with this query.

Thanks & Regards

askhan

Re: Tier 1 (G) to ILR - Immigration History Query

Post by askhan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:37 am

Hi Mate,.

I dont think you need full 7, 8 years or absence details.

just last 5 years and thats all.

Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

Lolam
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (G) to ILR - Immigration History Query

Post by Lolam » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi,

Yo will require evidence of absences for the period you were granted LTR as Tier 1 (G) Migrant
However the Immigration Rules require a letter from your employer regarding your allowable absences from the UK(Even if its annual holiday entitlement). If you are unable to do this due to the circumstances, you should provide a covering letter when submitting your application explaining the scenario and confirming your absences yourself. This would be assessed on an individual basis by the caseworker considering your application.