ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rahel1984

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:21 pm

L'hotel wrote:
PAK321 wrote:
L'hotel wrote:Hi Guys,

I am new on here :D But have to say it is very helpful throughout may Naturalisation application.
I have applied in 18/6/14 and got acknowledgment letter about two weeks after. Ever since I have not heard anything from HO I called and I get the famous answer @it is still under consideration@.

However I travelled about two weeks ago(on Travel document) I got stopped at immigration for further checks and when the immgration officer came back he told me that he cheked the records and he is pleased to inform that I have been approved for British Citizenship! However I have not recieved an approval letter? Can anyone suggest what to do?

My suggestion is to call your registrar office to check your name is on ceremony or not, some times they receive info before we receive letter. If they have your name then may be you getting post late, also we are seeing people getting letters after one week and more from the date showing on approval letter.
I have changed my address since application but the home office are aware... Do you suggest I call the new borough's registrar's office or my old borough office? UKBA is driving me nuts :roll:
I think u should contact HO for an update rather than calling every council.

L'hotel
Newly Registered

Post by L'hotel » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:35 pm

It is normal! My flatmate recieved her approval letter without acknowledgement letter - go figure! Because they took the money you can be assured they have recieved it! Just relax and hopefully your will be as quick as some members on this forum. All the best

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:27 am

My Acknowledgement Letter

It has only TITLE SURNAME.

MY name has four word. First Name two word and surname has two word.

Do I need to contact UKBA?

Valen1
Newly Registered

Post by Valen1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:20 am

No of applicants: 1 adult
Eligibility Criteria : Married to a British Citizen for the past 7 years
Language criteria: english test
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 06/02/2015
Date of approval: 05/3/15 it only took them a month to accept my applicaion!!!:) Today I received a letter confirming this and now have to wait for the ceremony invitation letter from the council in he next couple of weeks. Hope all of you are as lucky as me!

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:48 am

Eligibility criteria: Long stay + 1.25 yr ILR
Number of applicants: 2
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: Nationality Check Service - Ealing London
Date of application: 25-02-2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26-02-2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 05/03/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 07/03/2015
Date approval received: TBA
Date of ceremony: TBA

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Method of Application: NCS (Edinburgh)
Date of Application: 21-01-2015
Eligibility Criteria : Spouse (3 years)
Application Received Date: 22-01-2015
Payment Method and Clearance: CC cleared on 29-01-2015
Date Of Acknowledgment: 02-02-2015 Letter dated (28-01-2015)
Approval: Waiting :? :? :? :? :?
Date Of Ceremony: Waiting :roll: :roll:

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:44 pm

L'hotel wrote:
PAK321 wrote:
L'hotel wrote:Hi Guys,

I am new on here :D But have to say it is very helpful throughout may Naturalisation application.
I have applied in 18/6/14 and got acknowledgment letter about two weeks after. Ever since I have not heard anything from HO I called and I get the famous answer @it is still under consideration@.

However I travelled about two weeks ago(on Travel document) I got stopped at immigration for further checks and when the immgration officer came back he told me that he cheked the records and he is pleased to inform that I have been approved for British Citizenship! However I have not recieved an approval letter? Can anyone suggest what to do?

My suggestion is to call your registrar office to check your name is on ceremony or not, some times they receive info before we receive letter. If they have your name then may be you getting post late, also we are seeing people getting letters after one week and more from the date showing on approval letter.
I have changed my address since application but the home office are aware... Do you suggest I call the new borough's registrar's office or my old borough office? UKBA is driving me nuts :roll:
Have you checked your post at your old address? you can call both boroughs, because may be they have not updated your new address but i am confuse if they have not changed your address you should receive a call for ceremony. I think you should have to wait because by calling HO you will get nothing but famous answer " under consideration " they dont even bother to put your reference number in system to check before six months.

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:24 pm

ironmaiden wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Wandsworth Register Office)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/03/2015
Date of debit of fees: awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: awaiting
Date of receipt of approval: awaiting
Date of Ceremony: awaiting

I would also like to ask you something guys. Did anyone apply from Northern Ireland? I live in Northern Ireland and I have heard that Home Office sends a letter for criminal check for those who live in Northern Ireland and apply for naturalasation. It's because Northern Irish police does not share any information without our approval. Is that right?

I mean, if that's right I will have to wait for HO to send me that letter, I will then have to go to police station with that necessary form and Northern Irish police will send the criminal check results directly to HO. That's what I've heard. If that's right, it means few weeks will be added on the top of the decision time...
Does anybody have an idea about this guys?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Congrate mate
Received approval today 07-03-15
laz1970 wrote:eligibal criteria an6(1)+
language criteria life in the uk plus b1 test
currant nationality .algerian
method of application . send it by post
date of application .09june2014
payment method . cheque
date received by ukba . 10june2014
date of acknowledgment . 21june2014 letter dated 18june2014
date of debit or clearance of fees . 18june 2014
date of approval received . waiting
date of ceremony . waiting

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:45 pm

esmsi wrote: My Acknowledgement Letter

No there is no need to worry. Previously, they wrote to you with your full name for every correspondence but I think they've changed it to just 'Title, Surname' for acknowledgement letter. The approval will display your full name. All the best!

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks
Badman87 wrote:
esmsi wrote: My Acknowledgement Letter

No there is no need to worry. Previously, they wrote to you with your full name for every correspondence but I think they've changed it to just 'Title, Surname' for acknowledgement letter. The approval will display your full name. All the best!

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Method of Application: NCS (Edinburgh)
Date of Application: 21-01-2015
Eligibility Criteria : Spouse (3 years)
Application Received Date: 22-01-2015
Payment Method and Clearance: CC cleared on 29-01-2015
Date Of Acknowledgment: 02-02-2015 Letter dated (28-01-2015)
Approval: Waiting :? :? :? :? :?
Date Of Ceremony: Waiting :roll: :roll:

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:56 pm

Tangie wrote:
sethar433 wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: Tier-1 5yr + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria: Life in the UK + English majority national (Australia)
Method of application: NCS Islington 20/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/02/2015
Date of debit of fees: 26/02/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 05/03/2015 (dated 26/02/2015)
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Eligibility criteria: 21/2 year on Spouse Visa + 6 months on ILR (British Spouse) Visa before July 2012. :D
Current nationality: Indian :?
Method of application: Nationality Check Service (Bristol) :lol:
Date of application: 05-03-2015 @ 3:00 PM :D
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06-03-2015 @ 7:55 AM :)
Payment method: Debit Card: 8)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: :shock:
Date of acknowledgment: :evil:
Date approval received: :?:
Date of ceremony: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Minz25
Newly Registered

Post by Minz25 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi everyone

I routuinely checked my email just now and there was one from my solicitor saying i had received th approval. You can't imagine my joy especially as i have been waiting since june 26 2014 that is over 8 months. I had received the 3-6 month letter that quite a few of us received and to be honest this last week i was feeling quite disheartened after reading some horror stories on this forum and also all the news regarding immigration lately. I had given up and thought i can only wait there is nothing else to do even after trying to call the home office but to no avail. But i thank God that i receieved it and i hope everyone else on here does too. Sooner rather than later since some people have been waiting for a year. All you can do is wait but dont give up hope! We all deserve it.
Thanks to everyone on this forum

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Minz25 wrote:Hi everyone

I routuinely checked my email just now and there was one from my solicitor saying i had received th approval. You can't imagine my joy especially as i have been waiting since june 26 2014 that is over 8 months. I had received the 3-6 month letter that quite a few of us received and to be honest this last week i was feeling quite disheartened after reading some horror stories on this forum and also all the news regarding immigration lately. I had given up and thought i can only wait there is nothing else to do even after trying to call the home office but to no avail. But i thank God that i receieved it and i hope everyone else on here does too. Sooner rather than later since some people have been waiting for a year. All you can do is wait but dont give up hope! We all deserve it.
congrats. Finally ur wait is over.

Helen B
Newly Registered

Post by Helen B » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Eligibility criteria: EU national, 10y in the UK
Method of application: NCS Bexley, 30th July 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: don't know
Date of debit of fees: 20th August 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27th August 2014
Date of receipt of approval: 5th Feb 2015 but the letter dated 27th Jan
Date of Ceremony: 12th Feb 2015, got my certificate with the spelling mistake, sent back to the Home Office, received the correct one in 2.5 weeks on 5th March! long way

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Congratulations. Very nice to know that. At least people like us waiting over 7-8 months getting their approval now. That keeps our hope alive.

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Well done , congrats :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bestofall
Newly Registered

Post by bestofall » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:20 pm

bestofall wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years & 15+ years ILR
Language criteria met: LITUK + CEFR C1
Date of application: 10/09/14
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/09/14
Date of acknowledgment: 17/09/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19/09/14
Date approval received: 04/03/2015 (dated 27/02/2015)
Date of ceremony: 11/03/2015 (private)
Best of luck to all those still waiting, I hope your brown envelopes arrive soon.

mavdi

Post by mavdi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:51 pm

bestofall wrote:
Best of luck to all those still waiting, I hope your brown envelopes arrive soon.
Hey! this is awesome, Happy for you ;)

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:52 pm

london_2014 wrote:
1unicorn wrote:I have applied in August 2014. In Feb as soon as i reach 6 months i called HO twice. Each time they were saying its under consideration. it should be soon blah blah blah. I have also received the 3 - 6 months letter in Feb.

Yesterday I have received a reply from my MP, the replying letter from HO said something about the regular 11 Dec scrutiny checks.. you know all these BS. And at the end of the letter it says my case has NOT even been assigned to a caseworker yet. This is after 7 months waiting.

Its frustrating to see applicants who applied in Jan and Feb has already received theirs and my case hasnt even been looked.... HO seriously has some issues and the least they can do is to process the applications in a timely order... I am pissed!
they have stoop down to an unprecedented level--no justification , no accountability, no reimbursement, poorest customer service...absolute ho**e s**t..
there must be a way to deal with this kind of incompetency. It seems like there is no regulatory body or any independant orginsation who can monitor HO performance or atleast deal with complaints independently. Every govt orginisation has independant regulatory bodies, there must be one for HO too.

or one can infrom his/her MP and ask them to atleast raise the question that how come is it possible that HO hasnt assigned the August 14 application to a case worker yet and on the other side Jan, Feb 15 applicants r receiving their approvals.

If that 11 Dec scrutiny report is causing these delays then it should be for all applications. If recent applications are going through the same famous extra scrutiny and getting approvals in weeks then it clearly suggests that it is not a lengthy process at all then why these June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct etc etc applications r still pending.

Timelines here on this forum suggests that HO only pick n choose applications randomly and rest r gathering dust.

There must be a platform to raise this issue.

Minz25
Newly Registered

Post by Minz25 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:27 am

Yes i agree there should be some accountability and transparency to this process. If you look at other timeline threads from 2014 there are people who have been waiting since Feb 2014 which is just ridiculous. I agree the whole thing about holding back applications is very random and if you're lucky you get yours soon and if not then you wait. But when you're paying nearly a grand per application luck shouldn't come into it.
However i think most people would get theirs before a year is up because i have only come across one person on here who has been waiting a year in the Feb thread and they haven't updated recently so they could have got it by now. Exhaust all avenues, it can't hurt. Write to your MP, call the HO. Good luck everyone, that approval must be on its way!

Minz25
Newly Registered

Post by Minz25 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:36 am

bestofall wrote:

Hi did you book your ceremony after the HO sent you an approval letter and an invite forthe ceremony? And dos the ceremony letter come from your council?
Thanks

T51820

Post by T51820 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:03 am

UPDATE

Eligibility criteria: 10+ years in the UK, 10+ years having ILR
Language criteria met - Life in the UK and Exempt country
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Newbury
Date of application: March 4, 2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015 via Royal Mail tracking
Date of debit or clearance of fees: March 10, 2015
Date of acknowledgment:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Naturalisation:
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015
Approval: March 17, 2015 (received 23/3/15)
Group Ceremony: March 25, 2015
----
Passport Application: March 25, 2015
Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Passport Receipt: April 8, 2015

GrandBang
Newly Registered

Post by GrandBang » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:38 am

No of applicants: 1 Adult
Eligibility Criteria : 5 yrs + 2.5 yr ILR
Language criteria : Life in the UK + IELTS
Method of application: NCS Hammersmith and Fulham
Date of application: 12/12/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19/12/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 19/12/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22/12/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

DOES ANY ONE KNOW PLEASE WHETHER DECEMBER APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED MORE SLOWLY THAN OTHERS ?
I CAN SEE THAT ALMOST ALL JAN AND FEB APPLICATION ARE PROCESSED VERY PROMPTLY.
QUITE UNFAIR, STRESSFULL. OVERALL, YOU CAN NOT PLAN WITH SUCH UNCERTAINTY