ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accepted I-130 now what?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justkimmy74
Newly Registered

Accepted I-130 now what?

Post by justkimmy74 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:59 am

Have received an approved I130 notification for me petitioning for my husband a visa to immigrate to the usa (me and our 3 kids are all american). We all live in the uk (my 3 kids hubby and myself). Could someone clearly explain the process moving forward? I know i have to wait for a confirmation with case number from the visa processing unit which is between 5 and 8 weeks wait but in the meantime is there things i could get done and what happens once I get their letter? also what is the form DS-260 that has to be completed online? I cant do that until I receive the letter from the visa unit with case number. I just want a clear instruction on what is going to happen from here?

Do both me and my husband need to get a uk police report or just my husband as its only him seeking visa?

Also, My husband was 17 and got a £50 fine for possession of controlled substance in a night club, no arrest no court no jail just a fine through the post and his mom sent in a check. This is still of course showing on his police report but was over 21 years ago. Will this have an impact anything?

thank you in advance
Kim :)