ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent please. I need your help on Overworking on Tier4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ibadan
Newly Registered

Urgent please. I need your help on Overworking on Tier4

Post by ibadan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:54 am

Good day to you all. I am a PhD student. I transferred my institution in the second month which meant I had to apply for another visa. Between the time I left my old institution and when I resumed at my new institution which is about a month, I worked beyond the 20 hours as I did not know it was even illegal to work at all since I had made it clear to my old institution I was leaving and they later withdrew their sponsorship. I have paid my tuition in full as I am on a scholarship but my funding(living expenses and tuition) just arrived in February which meant I had to find money to pay for my new visa application and survive till then. I was almost homeless at some point. Please, will this affect my new application? I have just attended my interview and it went okay but I am very worried. I am from Nigeria and I was already on the new course as I am allowed to register once I had applied. I would also want to know if they always check working hours when you apply. I am eagerly awaiting your response. God bless you.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent please. I need your help on Overworking on Tier4

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:48 pm

if they notice it from your bank statement unusual amount of money coming in from a company as your payment, they will inquire about it.
if they check your NI or even ask your employer to disclose information about your working hours. you will be in trouble because you were clearly in breach of the immigration rules when you were working more than 20 hours.
not only you but your employer will also be in trouble and possibly fined for it.

when you get your bio metric residenc permit. it says to read the remarks clearly and follow them. also, it clearly explains the Remarks which are there. for example 20 hours max during term time which must be followed at all times.

londonboi12

Re: Urgent please. I need your help on Overworking on Tier4

Post by londonboi12 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:47 am

:?: