ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRFP HELP!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newfather89
Newly Registered

FLRFP HELP!

Post by Newfather89 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:47 am

Hello all, I am new fo this site and appreciate any help you can offer. I have applied for an FLRFP visa in order to stay with my partner and our baby in UK. Our initial application was refused on the basis that it was sent too early and I didn't provide enough evidence of our relationship.
I am the father of this baby and the Home Office said that I am still legal in this country and have been for four years now. I work hard, have been with my baby since the start. My question is, is there anyway we can stay together as a family - I have applied again and provided more evidence but if it is refused I dont know what to do - are there any other options available to us that means we can stay together as a family? Thank you from me and my partner.

iamnew

Re: FLRFP HELP!

Post by iamnew » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:00 am

You mentioned that home office is saying you are still legal in UK, so what visa are you on

Newfather89
Newly Registered

Post by Newfather89 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Thank you for your reply - unfortunately my case is a bit complicated so here goes. Initially I was married to another woman on FLRO status but we divorced, since that time I met my current partner who I have not married (we have no current plans to marry) and we have our beautiful daughter. I have now made a new application as FLRFP and it was refused first time for the reasons mentioned, the HO says I am not required to leave the UK in their decision letter but we have now made a new application and if refused again, my guess is that I will be asked to leave - leaving my partner a single mother and my daughter fatherless.
I hear about a Singh route or something - is this an option for us?

Thank you again for any input

Newfather89
Newly Registered

Post by Newfather89 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Anyone? Thanks again from us all

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:01 pm

On what basis did you apply. It is important that you understand the category under which you are applying and meets its requirement.

What is the nationality of the child.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Newfather89
Newly Registered

Post by Newfather89 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi there, our baby is British and has a British passport, birth certificate etc.i applied for the dependent route but they said my baby isnt dependent on me as she's got her mother :(

Newfather89
Newly Registered

Post by Newfather89 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Mother is british

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Newfather89 wrote:Hi there, our baby is British and has a British passport, birth certificate etc.i applied for the dependent route but they said my baby isnt dependent on me as she's got her mother :(

I think you went the wrong direction, and Home Office don't tend to be as helpful as to advise a person which direction to take, so they simply refuse their application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:23 am

How long have you been cohabiting with your current partner?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Bravo04
Newly Registered

Post by Bravo04 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:31 am

by Bravo04 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:16 am

Hi
can anyone help me please? I recently got refusal on FLR(FP) application so I m just wondering if anyone got same case like me. its a bit complicated but I m sure someone will help me.
My case background is I came to this country in feb 2012.i was on student visa that time but later on in march 2013 I got married with British girl and I applied for spouse visa..I got refusal on spouse visa and reason was cox I didn't provide them enough documents anyway I went to tribunal and I won appeal..I was issued visa on FLRO application which was going to expire on 22 feb 2015..
But before my visa ending time I got divorce from my wife and I started living with another girl and she is British aswel and we got babe in may 2014.
so after my babe I went to solicitor to get him advice for my visa renewal and he told me that we can apply on FLR(FP) form family life as a parent..I sent my application on 22 December as solicitor told me that I can send my application early than expiry date as this will be consider as a fresh application..
after I sending my application I got refusal on 17 feb 2015.they gave many reasons..
1) that I don't have parental responsibilities for my child as we living all together.
2) My application fall for eligibility requirements of immigration rules as set out earlier.
3) I m not in valid marriage but I applied as a parent of my child.
4) I have no lived with my partner for 2 years.
and they also said that I have still leave to remain in U.K and my current conditions apply until 22 feb 2015.
I have sent my application again on 21 feb 2015 so my question is will is there any chance that I will be successful this time?
Thanks in advance