ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 ACCA switch to Tier 2

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

casio07
Newly Registered

Tier4 ACCA switch to Tier 2

Post by casio07 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:37 am

Hello,

I have a Tier4 visa and study ACCA full-time with LSBF.
I have graduated from an overseas university a few years ago.
I would like to work here and would like to start as early as possible.
I've just read the rules for switching from Tier4 to Tier2. And I found out that I should have a UK qualification among which is "a postgraduate certificate in education" with a "UK recognised body or an institution that has a Tier 4 sponsor license". Does ACCA certificate count for that?
I may pass all the exams earliest only by October 2015, when results for September session are ready. My tier 4 visa expires in October 2015 as well.
Will Oxford Brooks bachelor work for this?
Are there any options to I apply for a work visa (Tier2) before completing ACCA?

Does anybody know what to do?

Thank you in advance.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Tier4 ACCA switch to Tier 2

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:29 pm

A PGCE is a teaching qualification. ACCA papers are not a PGCE.

A bachelors degree awarded by Oxford Brookes is ok if:
"you studied this course at a UK recognised or listed body or at an institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence (and that is still on the register of Tier 4 sponsors on the date on which you obtain your qualification)
you studied this course during your most recent period of immigration permission (leave) or during a period of continuous leave that includes this most most recent period of leave
you carried out your study or research for this course when you had immigration permission that did not prevent you from studying or carrying out research in the UK"

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... xemptions/

casio07
Newly Registered

Post by casio07 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Thank you for answering

As I study ACCA I will not have a UK bachelor/master degree. So switching option will not work for me. I think to apply from outside the UK. (Oxford Brooks will not work, as it appeared I had opted not to take it initially, as I had home university accounting degree already, and now it is too late, as I completed F level).

Do you know if in June 2015 I, after finishing courses and taking ACCA exams, will go to home country and instantly apply to Tier 2 from there, will it be ok, taken the current Tier 4 visa will expire only in October 2015. The CAS issued by the school was for the period of study - until June 2015. The four months are provided additionally by UKVI I guess by default.

Will I have to prove any successful study? In June there will be no ACCA results for June session, and December 2014 was not successful at all.

Thank you in advance

Thank you in advance.

iaq07
Newly Registered

Post by iaq07 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:03 am

I think without UK degree you cant go for tier 2 .

iaq07
Newly Registered

Post by iaq07 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:03 am

Expert correct me if i am wrong

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Yes you would need to make a tier 2 application outside of the uk. You don't need to wait until your tier 4 has expired or show successful study but they will need to be satisfied you abided by the conditions of your stay so evidence you studied your course may be useful in case they ask for this. You will need a restricted COS and meet the RLMT unless job is on shortage occ list

casio07
Newly Registered

Post by casio07 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you for you comments :)

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:57 am

I think if you passed 9 papers of ACCA and your exams are quivalent to bachelor degree.

All you have to do contact with ACCA and UK Naric and get certificate stating that your qualifaction is equivalent to bachelor degree then you can apply in country.

http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/C ... ility.aspx
go on that link and see details.

Regards

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 pm

hassan5805 wrote:I think if you passed 9 papers of ACCA and your exams are quivalent to bachelor degree.

All you have to do contact with ACCA and UK Naric and get certificate stating that your qualifaction is equivalent to bachelor degree then you can apply in country.

http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/C ... ility.aspx
go on that link and see details.

Regards
No because the rules require an actual uk degree not a qualification equivalent to a degree.