ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Miky1970
Newly Registered

Enquiry

Post by Miky1970 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Hello there, could anybody answer to this dilemma. My partner and myself we are overstayers, we have a daughter who now is British, we applied in 1012 to HO when my little one was 7 they asked for biometrics and then after we were denied (the 3 of us). Now my little one got her British passport and we have applied again as we are the parents. We send application flr fd on the 12 February this year and got confirmation letter a week after, now 5 weeks after applying we have not received biometric letter yet. Somebody said it should have already come as it takes 2 or 3 weeks but somebody else said we didn't have to present biometrics again as we had them taken in February 1013. But that time our solicitor told us of that letter with just a day before the expiration date they give which is 15 days. Now I am thinking he may have got it and forgot to tell us. Please does anybody knows about this. My partner has been waiting for 19 years and myself for over 10 living in the dark. It is very hard. I called our solicitor las week and he said nothing has come yet. For a u help thank you.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Enquiry

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:20 pm

U have to give biometric for every time you send application . If you have acknowledgement letter call them and they will tell you .
ss

Miky1970
Newly Registered

Post by Miky1970 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Thank u very much. But don't know were to call or if it is inappropriate as the acknowledge letter says not to contact them till they get in touch with us. And thank u once again

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:56 pm

they are asking for not to contact to inquire about application progress . 03001232253 this is homeofice phone number call them and ask them that you didn't receive any bio metric letter .you have to give them refrence number from your acknowledgement letter.hope this helps
ss

Miky1970
Newly Registered

Post by Miky1970 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Thank you so much for your advise, I call them today and they said they posted biometric letter on the 3er of this month neither me nor my solicitor got it because they posted it to the wrong address. Don't know what to do now. I am going to speak to my solicitor tomorrow and hope for the best, what is ur Advise? Thank u once again and God bless u

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:06 am

You should tell them to correct the address and send again . This is the only option call them again and ask to send it on right address
ss

Miky1970
Newly Registered

Post by Miky1970 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:58 am

Thank u very much I spoke with my solicitor this morning he is going to write to them and change address, the weird thing is the letter we got a month ago was send to the right address. Must be a very inexperience secretary or they are doing it in porpose. Hopefully everything is going to alright now.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Don't worry after all we are humans and mistakes does happen . Stay positive u will get it soon
ss