ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Expiry and Cap

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Visa Expiry and Cap

Post by altaf_88 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:37 pm

hello,

i came in this country in feb 2008 and since then i am on student visa, this is my last visa under the 5 year cap imposed by UKBA is making it difficult for me to extend my visa on tier4. i have been progressing in my course (ACCA) and now i only have 3 papers left to be qualified and i will be receiving my BA in applied accounting degree on 27/03/15.

now i have read on the UKBA website that if you have a a bachelors degree, and you apply in Masters program in a university, the cap expands from 5 years to 6 years, is that true cause the way they have written is slightly confusing for me to understand everything clearly.

can anyone please explain me what should i do next and if possible what category should i apply in as i only have 3 years left of my 10 years.

maberl2002

Re: Tier 4 Visa Expiry and Cap

Post by maberl2002 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:21 am

as far as i know the 5 year cap applies on you when you study under level 7.

if you go to level 8 or above like masters and then phd the same cap is not continued....also check your inbox for further help

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:33 pm

maberl2002 wrote:as far as i know the 5 year cap applies on you when you study under level 7.

if you go to level 8 or above like masters and then phd the same cap is not continued....also check your inbox for further help
A masters is level 7 not level 8.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:26 pm

altaf_88 wrote:hello,

i came in this country in feb 2008 and since then i am on student visa, this is my last visa under the 5 year cap imposed by UKBA is making it difficult for me to extend my visa on tier4. i have been progressing in my course (ACCA) and now i only have 3 papers left to be qualified and i will be receiving my BA in applied accounting degree on 27/03/15.

now i have read on the UKBA website that if you have a a bachelors degree, and you apply in Masters program in a university, the cap expands from 5 years to 6 years, is that true cause the way they have written is slightly confusing for me to understand everything clearly.

can anyone please explain me what should i do next and if possible what category should i apply in as i only have 3 years left of my 10 years.
The cap is 6 years if you have completed a uk degree with a minimum duration of 4 years and you are now going to study a masters degree at an HEI.

zenn9536
Newly Registered

Post by zenn9536 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi,
Can anyone guide me about cap rules?
I did study Bachelor Honours in engineering from 2009 to 2012july, started Master by Research from 2012 December , expected end date of course is Dec 2014, visa was expiring in March 2014, uni issued new CAS and got visa extension upto feb 2015.
Can uni issue new CAS to support further extension of 6 months to finish research?

Please reply soon,
Thanks