ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I do PGCE-Science after MBA vs (academic progress)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mk_kar
Newly Registered

Can I do PGCE-Science after MBA vs (academic progress)

Post by mk_kar » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi
I am doing International MBA and planning to take admission in PGCE- Science in September.
1. Can I get the admission in PGCE after MBA?
2. How can I justify academic progression for PGCE? If anyone has been through this route before please share your experience. Do you think a sound supporting letter will be sufficient to satisfy the immigration requirement?
3. Can I get Tier 4 extension on PGCE?

Thanks for your advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Can I do PGCE-Science after MBA vs (academic progress)

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 pm

It's a very unusual combination. It is not for you to justify academic progression it will be the university you are hoping go study at who will need to be satisfied and be able to justify how you are making progression. Do you have an offer of a place yet?

mk_kar
Newly Registered

Post by mk_kar » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I have Pharm-D as my undergraduate degree and I am willing to be a Science (Chemistry) teacher.

I have send my documents to couple of universities and waiting for their response. For PGCE I have to make an online application through UCAS. But I am waiting for their response of my query before applying.

I am not sure if I get Tier 4 extension on PGCE after having MBA from UK.

thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Before the applications goes any further, you need to ascertain as soon as possible whether a university would be happy in principle to sponsor you for a Tier 4 extension. They need to ascertain

(1) whether the extension would be possible within the 5-year cap. This will be a matter of fact.
(2) whether they are willing to sponsor you for study at a lower level than their previous study. This is the sponsor's judgement call. As advised above, study at a lower level is allowed, but the guidance for sponsors says that such situations will be examined and monitored closely.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:40 pm

A PGCE is nqf level 7. Nevertheless it is up to the university whether they can issue you a CAS.